Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL, MT, High, Tow, Optional Wheels. Everything you want, nothing you don't. NO RAGRATS
SAME! Leaves me with room to go to 35s when I'm ready! gives me time to test it out as a daily driver šŸ˜‚

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ll give you my 2 cents- I bought a platinum F150. Yes it loaded and yes I love it. But after getting it the only one feature that I would not skimp on is the power folding mirrors. The other luxuries were nice but none were ā€œ must havesā€. Now had I bought a cheaper F150 and invested the difference, I probably would have saved and earned enough to pay cash for the Bronco.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner 1988
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
I went to the NH Off Roadeo
The Badlands is an Insane Off road vehicle, Yeah I think there is more than 10k underneath
I just Got my black Diamond, More than enough for the off roading I do
if you have chance I would hit a roadeo
Good luck
yes it is an obsession !!

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
I read somewhere for around 100$ ypu will have aftrrmarker to modify and have a manual sway bar disconect....

I was ordering 2dr wild track full loaded....
But i change my order to base 2dr 2.27 sas....
Hoping to get it faster......lol

I like the badland sway bar but 10k hummm how often you need it..... i did the bronco roadeo in moab very good trail and my test bronco did not have the sway bar disconnect.... amd i was find without it....

For the seat i am sure eventuLy you will have aftermarket.... but for less then 1k you can have very nice leather seat righ now.

Base Sas very good offroader ...
Diff. Lock front and rear..
Gear 4.7
35 tired
And probably be able to manualy disconecr the sway bar..... this setup along will beat most non modify jeep all day long

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

Iā€™m going to turn 35 this month. Did some complex calculations and realized Iā€™m halfway to 70. This might as well be my ā€œmidlife crisis car.ā€ But instead of buying a ā€˜23 Z06, Iā€™m getting something that I will gleefully use to foster in my kids (a toddler and a new baby on the way) the same love of the outdoors that I haveā€¦ and thereā€™s also those top-down summer evening runs to the ice cream shop. Iā€™m cool with that. And Iā€™m cool with paying for that. Iā€™d rather have it and not need it than wish I had it and be stuck.
4dr BadSquatch, 2.7, MIC, lux, fully loaded. Dad-mode engaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am the wrong person to ask. I ordered a Wildtrak with Lux and leather. lol

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order what you want, being unhappy 6 months into a new purchase is a terrible feeling.

Deleted User 21488

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Plymouth Duster, 2013 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy the car you want to keep permanently and resale value won't matter. The best "return on investment" you'll get from a vehicle is buying it, keeping it in great condition, and running it for as long as humanly possible.

Parents sold their 2010 Navigator ~6 months ago. It had every bell and whistle, akin to the lux package. I'd say 1/2 of the fancy things worked without flaw. I personally dislike the high end fancy stuff for this exact reason; many of the things will break, be expensive to fix, and the replacement parts will eventually be discontinued. The things that DO work will look painfully old in 10 years at which point no one will really care enough for it to have a meaningful effect on resale. Go look at the resale of a 10 year old Mercedes for an idea.

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt. The average age of all the vehicles registered in my name (5) is 1987. I am very much biased to the "keep it simple" and "they don't make them like they used too" mentalities.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Is it $10k better?

Better at what...

getting you from point A to point B? No.

putting a smile on your face? Probably.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m going to turn 35 this month. Did some complex calculations and realized Iā€™m halfway to 70. This might as well be my ā€œmidlife crisis car.ā€ But instead of buying a ā€˜23 Z06, Iā€™m getting something that I will gleefully use to foster in my kids (a toddler and a new baby on the way) the same love of the outdoors that I haveā€¦ and thereā€™s also those top-down summer evening runs to the ice cream shop. Iā€™m cool with that. And Iā€™m cool with paying for that. Iā€™d rather have it and not need it than wish I had it and be stuck.
4dr BadSquatch, 2.7, MIC, lux, fully loaded. Dad-mode engaged.
I am turning 55 soon. I have elected to have multiple mid-life crisis cars... I started at 30, realizing that in order to be right, I had to have multiple mid-life crisis vehicles (+/- 3-5 years). I don't want to miss the window. I'm now 1/2 way to 110, and no regrets!!!

LOL.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your not the only one. My first choices were a BL or WT but finally decided the BD was the best fit for me. With the way I spec'd it it has most all of the goodies on the more expensive options less the sway bar disco, drive modes, and I am saving a good bit of cash. All while being completely content with everything on it right from the factory with no or very few changes.

My current car is decked out with a lot of options I will never use (track timers, track mode, drag mode, line lock, g-force meter) so I learned my lesson there. I won't be rock crawling or serious off roading I just wanted a beach cruiser/fishing truck/DD I can take the doors and roof off so that's what I ordered.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was all over the board. Was going to do Black Diamond, then OBX, then Big bend. Finally I just ordered a base because it has the best grill. Stupid Ford, making the crappiest one have the best grill. But it was a little more than that. I was comparing my 2017 F150 XLT to my dads 2017 lariat. As far as most of the things on the same age lariat that I wished my XLT had, none of them worked anymore on his:/ so we will see. I may have some regerts. Iā€™ll fix them in 2024 or 2025.
You do know that the sell the grill separately, right??? ;)

I had wanted a Badlands or WildTrak personally, but I didn't like the rims and tires on the 2 door. I really think the SBD is a game changer too. What I didn't want was 4.7 gears, MGV, and washout floors.

Must haves were adaptive cruise control and at least one locking differential. I, like others, ended up at right around $47-50k. Now, the high package is the best value in the upper trim levels, but crazy as it may sound adaptive cruise control was worth the $2300 difference between high and lux, because I do a lot of highway miles. I was really disappointed how the interior trim was locked to the capability trim, it made it impossible to get what I really wanted.

The OBX was a compromise of sorts. I am adding a Badlands suspension to it (without the SBD) and I am installing a helical limited slip in the front differential (not quite a locker, but it works above 20 MPH). I do more high speed off-road stuff than I do rock-crawl type trails. I am going with 33.5" tires. I suppose that I could have purchased a Badlands, installed carpet and seat covers in it... but I didn't think enough prior to ordering to come to that conclusion. Still, even when I re-did the builds over and over, I kept coming back to the OBX - and I want the BB grill!!! LMFAO.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your not the only one. My first choices were a BL or WT but finally decided the BD was the best fit for me. With the way I spec'd it it has most all of the goodies on the more expensive options less the sway bar disco, drive modes, and I am saving a good bit of cash. All while being completely content with everything on it right from the factory with no or very few changes.

My current car is decked out with a lot of options I will never use (track timers, track mode, drag mode, line lock, g-force meter) so I learned my lesson there. I won't be rock crawling or serious off roading I just wanted a beach cruiser/fishing truck/DD I can take the doors and roof off so that's what I ordered.
All of this and I'm right there with you. I'm starting to check boxes for how I'm going to use this thing 99% of the time. I don't have access to difficult off-road terrain/rock crawling, so in my mind it's pointless to buy a Bronco for that type of usage.

Married with 2 kids (6 and 3) and camping trips/forest roads are in our future. As much as I'm drawn to BaseSas, the fit for me right now and the next 5-10 years is probably BD 2.7L Mid. We'll have it on road more than off road, so why buy what I won't use? If the day comes where I want that, I'll be buying a new or used BaseSas.
Sponsored