BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just turned 70. Had 3 Bronco's in the past. Have a fully loaded and modded '14 JKUR. I don't do rough off road any more. A new Bronco could be my last new 4x4 so it will be loaded. I'll run out of time before I run out of money. Sadly, I still haven't decided that the Bronco is better than my JKUR not to mention all the other new ones on the way. 4Runner and others. The entire Bronco ordering system seems to be in a blender for now.
Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OffRoadeo is what sold me on SAS. I used the skid plates more when driving the nonSAS BL than the SAS BL. Also, we had rain and the lockers really helped on the wet rock climbs.
YMMV.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed to a BaseSquatch after a long internal battle with myself. Right now I feel pretty good about saving the 10K.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mostly depends on your upgrade plan. Adding heated seats to a base, easy. Long-travel setup? They'll be seven or eight different ones, if there aren't already. Audio upgrades, to likely include larger than 12" touchscreens (Phoenix Automotive), plenty. Skids plates, bumpers and winch mounts galore. Aux switches are nice, but can be added later, same with hitch for the nonexistent tow rating. Front camera setup? Sure, but a bit pricey...

It's the integrated features you're going to be locked out of, like the 360 cam, heated wheel/seat integration with remote start, front camera auto-on with mode change, lane departure, cruise, and a lot of back-end integration we don't normally see. FORSCAN will be able to help with maybe some of these, but not all.

As always, it's easiest to start with all the factory features you can get that you think are required, then adjust your build accordingly.

ShaneMD27

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 PPV Tahoe, 2001 Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up going base Sasquatch with 2.7 mod bumper and mic top and Iā€™m glad I did. Came out at 43,900 and I had money for lift wheels tires and some accessories and Iā€™m still in a pretty good spot. After driving a good many miles Iā€™m glad with my decision šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

9AB99D99-AFF6-4EE8-98D4-30629AFFB681.jpeg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You are not alone! I flip flop like a fresh caught salmon. Currently have Badlands non sas, 2.3 MT, High, tow on order. Unfortunately, it will be ā€˜24 or more probably before I get mine. Means Iā€™ll be good and bruised when the time comes.

OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow I didn't expect this thread to have this many replies.

It's been pretty awesome reading the back and forth, so first off great community.
Sadly the ole bronco6g therapy didn't quite get my mind made up but it feels good to know I'm not the only one to go back and forth in the subject.

Right now oddly enough I have some slight buyer remorse going full badlands if that makes sense at all. Likely the price on unseen purchase of this amount, not sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reserved BadLands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not alone! I flip flop like a fresh caught salmon. Currently have Badlands non sas, 2.3 MT, High, tow on order. Unfortunately, it will be ā€˜24 or more probably before I get mine. Means Iā€™ll be good and bruised when the time comes.
Yeah I stopped worrying about when I will get one. So I have loads of time to flip flop around.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Tell me I'm not alone. 1635988975094

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You really think the badlands grill is the worst one?
ā€¦wanna trade for a big bend if they fit? Cause I think mine is the worst grill and badlands is the best.
Black Diamond and Wildtrak are the lookers. Sorry.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I always stressed wants vs. needs to my kids. I just bought a BS Badlands to replaced my decrepit Escape since the Big Bronco is a few years out thanks to new allocation rules. The BS Badlands is really all I need to replace the Escape. I originally was on the BaseManSquatch train but moved up to the Badlands when the man part of Basesquatch was moved to ā€˜22 since the Escape is limping along. Little did I know Iā€™d be pushed to ā€˜24 or ā€˜25 but now Iā€™ve convince myself that I ā€œneedā€ the Badlands but letā€™s face it, I just really want it and at this point of my life, Iā€™m leaning that direction.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
Buy what fits your needs if your just looking for the look the base with sas gets you there. One can spend a ton of $ on this as I did, but I keep my vehicles a long time minimum of 10 years. The only thing I would suggest would be changing to the black diamond with sas and mid package. This seems to be the best value you get a ton of features with the mid package for next nothing and the black diamond has the nice marine grade vinyl seat, wash out floor plugs and most of all rear lockers. I bounced between the BD and badlands ended up buying BL with nearly every feature. One day down the road you might want to take it off road and will wish you had the rear lockers. If I was going economy I would recommend Black Diamond. The way I looked at it I only live once and it's only money. Over the last 30 years of buying cars I normally always bought lower end of the models to save money and always regretted not having this feature or that feature for 6 more payments. Certainly buy what will make you happy if the base gets you there buy it, but if you think the day will come when you want to take an adventure your going to wish you had rear lockers. I believe those with rear lockers will also be far more desirable in the resell market if you ever sell it. You thought you could ramble. lol
Sponsored