Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered this tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and installed it earlier today.

https://www.amazon.com/LFOTPP-Ford-F-150-Navigation-Infotainment/dp/B071GF47JV

It's meant for a F-150, but I assumed all the 8 inch Sync displays would be the same or identical. It worked out decently. It was fairly easy to install, and I prefer the way it feels compared to just the screen alone. As with most screen protectors, it doesn't fully cover the entire screen area. There is a small gap around the display that you barely notice from a distance. One thing I don't like is that you can see rainbow prisms from both edges when viewing the screen from either the driver or passenger seats. See photos below. You notice them mainly during the day when the screen is brighter. Also, there's one bubble that will hopefully make its way out from under there.

20211109_155145.jpg

20211109_155344.jpg

20211109_155407.jpg

20211109_155551.jpg
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered this tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and installed it earlier today.

https://www.amazon.com/LFOTPP-Ford-F-150-Navigation-Infotainment/dp/B071GF47JV

It's meant for a F-150, but I assumed all the 8 inch Sync displays would be the same or identical. It worked out decently. It was fairly easy to install, and I prefer the way it feels compared to just the screen alone. As with most screen protectors, it doesn't fully cover the entire screen area. There is a small gap around the display that you barely notice from a distance. One thing I don't like is that you can see rainbow prisms from both edges when viewing the screen from either the driver or passenger seats. See photos below. You notice them mainly during the day when the screen is brighter. Also, there's one bubble that will hopefully make its way out from under there.

Ford Bronco Tempered Glass Screen / Display Protector Installed 20211109_155551

I just picked up my Bronco from Granger, so the small gap is even around the entire screen? I better get it since I don't want to have the screen scratched! Thanks for your info!

OP
OP
broncoky

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just picked up my Bronco from Granger, so the small gap is even around the entire screen? I better get it since I don't want to have the screen scratched! Thanks for your info!
It gets the job done and protects the soft screen from daily use. See the last photo. The gap is mainly noticeable around the bottom when the screen is off. You barely notice it at all when the screen is on. All tempered glass screen protectors will have somehwat of a gap, otherwise they would be impossible to apply or remove without damaging the screen they are/trying to protect. Also the bubble in that photo made it's way out the next day.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was looking at this PPF screen protector:
https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/bronco-sport-8

Not sure if tempered glass or PPF would be better, but I like that this one goes all the way to the edges. Although tempered glass is probably stronger, I'm not really worried about accidentally smashing the screen, just trying to reduce glare, finger prints, and tiny scratches.
Sponsored