First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get what's wrong with the affidavit. It sounds like the dealership is trying to protect that the bronco goes to a bronco enthusiast instead of some douche that will flip it for $5k, 10k or more.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get what's wrong with the affidavit. It sounds like the dealership is trying to protect that the bronco goes to a bronco enthusiast instead of some douche that will flip it for $5k, 10k or more.
Nah, they are still saying they have control over something you paid for, for 2 years... nah, the bronco is mine. I own a house because i don't want a landlord telling me what to do. 2 years under their thumb?, fuck that

Will he probably keep it longer than 2 years, sure, so what's the harm? No one owns me or has rights to my bronco after i pay for it, they can just STFU and die right there

The BIGGEST problem is that, i assume, none of these 'dealer special additives ' were made known when the car was ordered.
Total BS: Bait n Switch

Hearing these stories makes me so grateful i went outside Columbus. Plenty of great dealers in NE Ohio. Klaben Ford was awesome with none of that sheet.

1. Bronco was same as on the Dora i was given.
2. Could have brought my own financing or chosen from 3 they would search through for me
3. 2 year contract, what's that?

Seriously, there are great dealers and salesmen with no games in Ohio. 2 hours away and I'm forever grateful i went there

Last edited:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Did you walk away???

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
WALK AWAY

Sponsored

hammsammich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Playing devils advocate.

The leather could have been an honest mistake. Either buy it as it is or reorder it. It sucks. I can't think they did this on purpose.

Forced financing? What is keeping you from financing it and immediately refinancing it with the lender of your choice? I don't know the legality of them doing this. Why can't you just finance it through your lender and pay cash?

The resale affidavit I can sort of understand. They know they can sell it for more than you are buying it for. If you are planning to keep it then just sign it. The KBB resale is in your favor anyway. They want it to go to an end user and not a flipper. I'd sign it.

I hate car dealerships in general but you also need to understand that car dealerships are getting killed financially because they just aren't able to sell the volume that they have in the past to cover their overhead. I can sort of understand selling for over msrp because of the market conditions. The think is that there are people who have no problem paying it and they know it. It still sounds like you are getting a fair price.

I'm still waiting for mine. It's built but I have been waiting for it to ship for 3 months now. I think that if I was in your shoes I'd still complete the sale.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't. I financed at 84 months so I have no prepayment penalty and can just refi right away. Iā€™ll send the ā€œaffidavitā€ to my lawyer to see if this is legit.

At this point I donā€™t want to give them the satisfaction of marking it up 10 grand and selling it to some poor sole.
This is why dealers and others get awaya with this stuff. With all do respect...you are nuts...it's a truck. Sell it to some poor sole...you are that person!!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All,

Pretty sure they cannot legally force you to finance through them. If you have proof they forced you to finance though them you may want to seek legal advice.

BroncoCMH

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carless
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, they are still saying they have control over something you paid for, for 2 years... nah, the bronco is mine. I own a house because i don't want a landlord telling me what to do. 2 years under their thumb?, fuck that

Will he probably keep it longer than 2 years, sure, so what's the harm? No one owns me or has rights to my bronco after i pay for it, they can just STFU and die right there

The BIGGEST problem is that, i assume, none of these 'dealer special additives ' were made known when the car was ordered.
Total BS: Bait n Switch

Hearing these stories makes me so grateful i went outside Columbus. Plenty of great dealers in NE Ohio. Klaben Ford was awesome with none of that sheet.

1. Bronco was same as on the Dora i was given.
2. Could have brought my own financing or chosen from 3 they would search through for me
3. 2 year contract, what's that?

Seriously, there are great dealers and salesmen with no games in Ohio. 2 hours away and I'm forever grateful i went there
Roush Ford in Columbus treated me very well. We were talking about some of these nefarious practices and they said: "Would you come back if we treated you that way?" Nope. "There you go. We want you to come back."

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hate car dealerships in general but you also need to understand that car dealerships are getting killed financially because they just aren't able to sell the volume that they have in the past to cover their overhead.
That statement goes against the common knowledge floating around that car dealers are doing as well or better than ever because overhead has actually decreased with low volume and they are making record profits on new and used units. Consider watching Your Auto Advocate on YTube.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Roush Ford in Columbus treated me very well. We were talking about some of these nefarious practices and they said: "Would you come back if we treated you that way?" Nope. "There you go. We want you to come back."
Good to know! Thanks. I'll check them out if ever i have warranty issues and can't get up to Warren

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Playing devils advocate.

The leather could have been an honest mistake. Either buy it as it is or reorder it. It sucks. I can't think they did this on purpose.

Forced financing? What is keeping you from financing it and immediately refinancing it with the lender of your choice? I don't know the legality of them doing this. Why can't you just finance it through your lender and pay cash?

The resale affidavit I can sort of understand. They know they can sell it for more than you are buying it for. If you are planning to keep it then just sign it. The KBB resale is in your favor anyway. They want it to go to an end user and not a flipper. I'd sign it.

I hate car dealerships in general but you also need to understand that car dealerships are getting killed financially because they just aren't able to sell the volume that they have in the past to cover their overhead. I can sort of understand selling for over msrp because of the market conditions. The think is that there are people who have no problem paying it and they know it. It still sounds like you are getting a fair price.

I'm still waiting for mine. It's built but I have been waiting for it to ship for 3 months now. I think that if I was in your shoes I'd still complete the sale.
Itā€™s no business of the selling dealership after the initial sale is complete. They are trying to screw the customer to have you come begging them to buy it from you for trade in book value. If someone has a financial hardship in the coming recession and wants to sell their Bronco why should the dealer get first right of refusal on the transaction?

Ford announced dealers were ok to do something like this on the Lightning to minimize flipping, but itā€™s at the discretion of the dealership and only for one year. I donā€™t think my dealer will want me to sign something like this, but I wouldnā€™t walk from my first wave Pro order based on it.

Dealers arenā€™t starving. A good friend is an executive for a 30 dealer group with a diverse set of brands. Their highest net profit on record was 2020, until their numbers for 2021 came in 12% higher.