bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Outside of ordering the wrong interior they didn't really do anything to heinous compared to other dealerships.

In most states a dealer can force you to finance through them. This isn't unheard of or uncommon.

It also isn't unheard of to require a buyer to sign a no sell agreement for high demand cars like this. Will they actually come after you if you do? Probably not but everyone needs to stop acting like this is a first-time occurrence, there is plenty of precedence of this occurring, look up John Cena.

Honestly, I would be perfectly fine with any dealership selling at MSRP having people sign these agreements.
Sponsored

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford did the same thing with the Ford GT, but they’re the manufacturer. Not certain a dealer has the right to do that, but who even knows anymore.
What i understand is -Ford did was perfectly legit. All those things put up front before itself because those vehicles were exclusive. it was a halo vehicle and buyers had to fill in forms to be even considered to own one- which naturally included all those non-sale clauses.
what is displayed here is trickery first grade. changing the goal post after the game has started

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
Sad to hear this sort of non-sense. The 2 year sale moratorium or whatever it is called is horrible and i dont believe it has any legal standing. You own the car and coming up with agreements like this at the last minute is completly ridiculous. I

Good that you got the vehicle. you will still make money, if you sell it. After all, those scumbags should not get that satisfaction

AZsasquatch

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How would they possibly know if you sold it in less than 2 years?

Sponsored

mgraced

Outer Banks
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d be on the phone immediately with the State Atty Gen or Consumer Affairs. I’d question the shit out of their practices. Personally I really don’t thing they can do what they are asking.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In these cases, paying cash + refi or walk in with a check from said loan company would help.

also the bit about it being fair to sell over MSRP but them listing it for over MSRP sent me

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership didn’t want me to take mine either… even admitted to my bank that they were hoping to mark it up instead. But, they didn’t try any of that ridiculous stuff.
Hopefully you’ll at least have a trouble free Bronco.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The name alone would have kept me away. WTH? "Want your Dick mashed? Come to Dick Masheter Ford!"

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sucks, but you probably did better than most folks that got the ol' shaft when their bronco finally arrived.

You can refi pretty much asap and the dealer loses whatever 'reserve' they would have received for the loan. You win on this one.

Leather, that stinks you didn't order it, but probably easier to swallow paying for leather vs. ADM.

The rest is pretty much crap and probably unenforceable. Who knows, hopefully you plan to keep it +2yrs and you still win.

I've heard good things about Roush Broncos from one of their salesmen too. Ricart is well, Ricart, and Germain has been pretty good through the years, but haven't heard any reports on Bronco gouging.

My favorite quote was from a comedian that opened for Ron White in town a few years ago. He wrote a joke about the various shady dealers around town and his closing punchline was a riff on "expect them to Dick my Shitter" ;)
Scheduled to order through Germain, they have been good over the years to you so far? Any recommendations?

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specifically speaking to the leather received versus MGV ordered. I place equal parts blame on the dealer, Ford and OP.

Old Dick Masher seemed inept on order entry but seems you should have caught the 2k up charge if they provided you with an accurate DORA before the VIN was even produced.

As for Ford. You have the data that was ordered. Make it available to the end customer. You send the ‘status’ order email. Make the order data accessible. ... and alert the customer anytime the order changes. Consider it a dry run for the same dataset your direct EV sales channel will need to produce and expose to direct EV customers.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With a name like Dick Ma'Sh*tter, I'd say their intentions were obvious from the get go ;)

Sucks to hear scumbags like these are running around out there.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That statement goes against the common knowledge floating around that car dealers are doing as well or better than ever because overhead has actually decreased with low volume and they are making record profits on new and used units. Consider watching Your Auto Advocate on YTube.
Our saleslady said she's made more than ever as every car sells for MSRP and they go fast.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Scheduled to order through Germain, they have been good over the years to you so far? Any recommendations?
I ordered through Germain years ago, but haven't heard anything recently about their Bronco pricing. I do recall someone else posting a HPR 4 door at germain.. maybe it was in the HPR thread. they might be able to tell you about their experience.

I went about 2hrs north to a small NW ohio dealer. I probably would have gone with Roush otherwise.

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All,

Thought I would share my horror story that I had with Dick Masheter Ford in Columbus OH.

I will try to make this short and sweet. I ordered my 4 door badlands through them back in March of this year and surprisingly it was built and at the dealership at the end of last week. Lucky me.

Once I heard my Bronco was at the dealership, I started going over the numbers with the salesman and noticed that the MSRP was 2K higher than the build I submitted (not including the weather protection they forced on me since its put on all custom orders apparently). Come to find out, they submitted my order with leather seats and not the vinyl that I requested. I reached out to the dealer about this and they said that it was Fords fault - they likely changed the order and were out of Vinyl. I call Ford up immediately and they said that's not the case and the order was submitted with the leather. I reach back out to my salesman and he said you can either take it or leave it and we will submit a new order when the order banks open. Wouldn't split it 50/50, nothing.

Up next, forced financing through them. Already pre-qualified through someone else but guess I can't do that. Take it or leave it.

Last but not least, when signing docs they hit me with an affidavit I had to execute stating I wont sell my car for the next two years - If I do I have to resell to them for the KBB price. If I don't, I get hit with a 10K damages fee. They stated that they have this signed on every sale so they can offer MSRP because how is it fair that someone else can buy and resell for a higher price tag. The absolute kicker, I found my Bronco listed on their website already for 10K over the MSRP on my sticker. I don't even plan to sell it but this was very shady.

What a joke of a dealership and I would have everyone steer clear. Consistently tried to force me out of my purchase so they can mark it up.
I am in no way offering legal advice, especially because I do not practice law in Ohio.

Just from my perspective though, they have to offer some consideration to get you to finance with them and to try to get you to sign a contract not to sell, especially a contract with a liquidated damages clause (10K damages).

So, for example, if the price was pre-negotiated at a discount, and a condition of that discount was that you would sign the doc and finance with them, then you couldn't force them to give you the discount without doing those things. But if there was no pre-negotiation, then I just don't see how the dealership has standing to require any of this.

If my dealership tried to do this to me, I would sue the dealership and ford, but I sue people for a living, so my analysis on whether it would be worth it is very different than most people.

It's possible that the dealership would call my bluff and hire a lawyer to fight me and it's possible the law would basically say that the dealership doesn't have to sell to me at all, but something tells me Ford wouldn't take to kindly to me filing a lawsuit that alleges unethical marketing practices, violations of advertising and communication laws, fraudulent inducement, breach of contract, breach of good faith and fair dealing, and other violations of state and federal statutes.

But for most private citizens, a fight like this probably wouldn't be worth the trouble for what you would get out of it, other than the satisfaction of making the dealership pucker a bit.
Sponsored