Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is something beyond salt spray. The chrome is particularly telling, as is the pervasiveness of the corrosion. I would be willing to bet that at some point it was exposed to a gaseous oxidizing agent like chlorine, fluorine, bromine, hydrogen peroxide, etc. When and where is really the question.
Agree.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope, there is no moisture smell my bronco seems to be sealed well. I have left the top down several nights over the summer but never in rain.
Other than maybe the headrests I'm not looking at the inside of my Bronco that closely. way to OCD for me.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t buy that. This is a vehicle that you are supposed to spray down to clean, remove the top and leave it off, drive thru standing water. There is something else going on.
Yeah, there's always a conspiracy!

R (15).jpeg

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is something beyond salt spray. The chrome is particularly telling, as is the pervasiveness of the corrosion. I would be willing to bet that at some point it was exposed to a gaseous oxidizing agent like chlorine, fluorine, bromine, hydrogen peroxide, etc. When and where is really the question.
When you have the headrest posts in its sleeve and dew sets and drips down inside the plastic sleeve, what else is water going to do? Of course its going to have a topical surface rust. The chrome posts will clean off. Its not mad science! Sitting over many nights with the top down, midnight early morning humidity and dew will saturate everything. The dash under column, the seat under frame, everything that is not painted or coated from factory is going to have surface rust. Its inevitable, why does it take 10+ pages to get this simple issue across to ppl. Maybe school was different in my day but Murphy's law has not.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What exactly are you trying to get replaced?
I can't tell what half those pics are, but is that one the headrest? I've never seen any headrest mounts rusting in any car ever.
Take a closer look at the the bottom of the head rest top of the seat . Tell me something doesn’t look off there.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That saltwater mist will be carried in the air quite a ways....this is the problem.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude - so weird - sucks , youre resale value is gonna be 0.0.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This must have been one of those Units sitting out in the rain topless waiting for a MIC? I saw photos of tons of Broncos just sitting out.

Reactions: OX1

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was at the beach for three weeks this past Summer and the second day there I noticed rust dripping from the soft top joints into the trunk. I didn't notice the rest of this until last month. I don't live near the ocean and do not have a pool. The pictures are - under both front seats, behind the steering column, the rear headrests and the soft top.
Very strange. If you lived near the ocean for 15 years I’d expect that. But not after three weeks. Have you tried various dealers?

Sponsored

mls1

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch/2.7/MIC/Cyber
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rayder said:
It has to be this^^^

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The OP already solved that one. Their daughter had salt water wet hair and her head was against that seat side.

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live by the beach and have driven the Bronco on the beach since last April. The only rust I have is a little under the seats but mainly from having the doors off in a couple heavy rain storms without being able to dry it quick enough. Nowhere near your amount of rust. Something seems fishy.

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have, or ever had a corrosive like pool shock in the Bronco or in a garage where you keep your Bronco for an extended period of time? I could see that causing it.

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else experiencing the INSIDE of their Bronco rusting? Basically, any unpainted surface in my Bronco is covered in rust. I have never left the roof off in the rain or gone into deep water. I tried to have it covered by Ford but they rejected it under the corrosion warranty. If this isn't corrosion, I do not understand what corrosion is.

Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? R (15)
Ford Bronco Terrible Rust Throughout My Bronco Interior - How Did It Happen? R (15)

Oof that sucks. I’m sorry this has happened to your Bronco. Did you buy new or used? Have you had it detailed? Do you have kids who may have spilled their drinks everywhere? Do you live in a humid area? I can’t imagine what could have caused that if you haven’t had it outside top off. Condensation can cause rust too and it’s not something you notice as much like a big spill. How long have you had it? Just curious. Hope you can get it resolved or no major issues result bc of it.
Sponsored