Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

Need some assistance here, please keep in mind that I am stupid. I've seen some of the posts with audio upgrades and such, so far I haven't seen the answer I'm looking for. There was a thread where a guy was using a shop towel and he mentions a panel that he took off, well, his Bronco must be a 4 door. My 2 door does not have that panel. I've attached a picture.

I'm wanting to fix this rattle and polyfill the sub enclosure. Any idea how to get this trim molding out without completely ruining this thing? I CAN NOT stand this rattle anymore!

Thanks,
Cliff

IMG_6965.jpg
Sponsored

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cliff- Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I felt like it was important to say hi, from one Ironman/Bronco owner to another! :)

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cliff- Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I felt like it was important to say hi, from one Ironman/Bronco owner to another! :)
hell yeah, we do exist!

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hell yeah, we do exist!
Yes! I was hoping to have my bronco in time to drive it to Lake Placid last summer. I ended up getting my Bronco in time for Thanksgiving. lol I went a different route with the sound system and got the base sound system but I've got 2 x 12" subwoofers in the cargo area (or what once was the cargo area). No way to fit a bike in back now! I'm sure I'll have a few rattles, though.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howdy. I'm the guy with the shop towel trick and yes, it's a four door.

I don't have access to a 2 door, but the rattle will be the same spot.. the trim panel will vibrate against the sub housing and cause a terrible racket.

Do a search for the service manuals that were posted a week or two ago and follow the instructions for the 2 door and cover that right side trim piece in front of the sub with as much sound matting as you can to stop the rattle completely..

I'll update with the correct diagram if I find it first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^Happy to hear.

p3pete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I have this same issue (2 door). On some bass notes it just rattles like hell just 2 weeks in. That whole panel has the potential to rattle as I tap around on it. Even against the back flooring, mine is the badlands with rubberized so no carpet. Do I try to tackle taking the panel off?....scary.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy. I'm the guy with the shop towel trick and yes, it's a four door.

I don't have access to a 2 door, but the rattle will be the same spot.. the trim panel will vibrate against the sub housing and cause a terrible racket.

Do a search for the service manuals that were posted a week or two ago and follow the instructions for the 2 door and cover that right side trim piece in front of the sub with as much sound matting as you can to stop the rattle completely..

I'll update with the correct diagram if I find it first.
This fix cured my issue but instead I used rubberized tape(very thick stuff) to cure it. It sticks good and doesn't move

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, I have this same issue (2 door). On some bass notes it just rattles like hell just 2 weeks in. That whole panel has the potential to rattle as I tap around on it. Even against the back flooring, mine is the badlands with rubberized so no carpet. Do I try to tackle taking the panel off?....scary.
Someplace on here there were the service manuals and there were diagrams of where all the clips were. There were enough to make it worth my while just to have someone do it and put Kilmat all over it.

Sounds alot better, albeit a bit quieter.
Sponsored