TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great write-up Warren!
I have a couple of questions for you. Are they letting anyone test drive or do you need to have your reservation through them? If I give them a call for a test drive is there someone you recommend to talk to? Thanks
Thank you!
I do not believe they are restricting the test drives in any way. I worked with Zachary Land. They simply ask for your driver's license so they can make a copy. Zac spent time showing me the Bronco (He assumed I was clueless.) then tossed me the keys and sent me on my way. I had driven from Rt 93 via Rt 3 to Laconia and passed Belknap Mall. I told Zac my plan was to drive to the Mall and back. He was happy with that statement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you going to test drive a 4 door to see the ride and handling differences?
The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)
How was ride ride with the shorter wheelbase, hoppy or bouncy?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@BuzzyBud Your photos show that it was raining. In the last photo, you are wearing a jacket with a fleece/polartec? lining. Is it cold in NH right now?

I'm interested in attending the NH Off-Roadeo location, but am concerned about the cold in October and later months. I don't own any winter clothes. I'll buy some if needed, but temps below 50 is considered winter to me.

One other question, what interior was in the OBX and what was your impression?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How was ride ride with the shorter wheelbase, hoppy or bouncy?
I experienced no hoppy or bouncy effect. I love how you experience some road feel and yet the pothole jarring is absorbed by the suspension. I did not expect any of this in a 2-door.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@BuzzyBud Your photos show that it was raining. In the last photo, you are wearing a jacket with a fleece/polartec? lining. Is it cold in NH right now?

I'm interested in attending the NH Off-Roadeo location, but am concerned about the cold in October and later months. I don't own any winter clothes. I'll buy some if needed, but temps below 50 is considered winter to me.

One other question, what interior was in the OBX and what was your impression?
Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)

frogier

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep ZJ Limited 5.9L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)
Did you not like the cloth seats? I ordered them in my build. Did you take any interior pictures?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you not like the cloth seats? I ordered them in my build. Did you take any interior pictures?
Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire 3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847

frogier

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep ZJ Limited 5.9L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire 3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847
How was the comfort level of the seats?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How was the comfort level of the seats?
The seats felt wonderfully supportive and that was a surprise! I am not use to cloth seats so that was hard for me to judge. My Bronco comes with MGV and I tested that at a separate event in Portsmouth, NH.

Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same opinion of the sports mode. Now questioning my badlands choice which doesn’t have sports mode.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had the same opinion of the sports mode. Now questioning my badlands choice which doesn’t have sports mode.
I plan to stay the course with my Badlands. However, I would like to test drive a Bronco with Baja mode and switch from 4H to 2L to find out if the ride is "spirited". I suspect it is since that is the approach the Raptor community use to simulate a juiced up Sport mode.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My clutch equals sport mode.

That dealer is 3 hours from me, but damn I’m desperate to see how I fit in a 2 door.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That dealer is 3 hours from me, but damn I’m desperate to see how I fit in a 2 door.
Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!
Broncos only have two doors, period. Just like I believe real Raptors are only Super Cab and seeked one out rather than compromising on the Crew Cab model. Crew Cab Raptors and 4 door Broncos are a compromise to sell trucks to families. I understand why Ford makes the compromise, but I have no interest in participating.

I have owned three Broncos in the past, 1982, 1987, and 1996. I like short, maneuverable vehicles for use offroad and in general driving. I love the aesthetics and apparent size of the new 2 door.

My desire to test fit one is based on my physical size, I’m 6’4” and about 320# with a lineman’s shape. All evidence suggests it will fit fine, but I won’t be certain until I sit in one.
Sponsored