indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I experienced no hoppy or bouncy effect. I love how you experience some road feel and yet the pothole jarring is absorbed by the suspension. I did not expect any of this in a 2-door.
I road in the back seat of a 2-door Wildtrack this week. Sitting practically over the rear axle, if there was a bounce issue, I would have felt it. But driving down a curb and over some rutted streets, the ride was impressive as BuzzyBud mentions. Here is a link to my thoughts, which were focused mainly on rear seat occupancy, since it's been a concern of mine: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-door-bronco-in-person-awesome.18953/

Also BuzzyBud, did you have any opinion of the front seat levers/adjustments, and access to rear seat? I'm 5'10" and the rear seat was fine for me in terms of knees and overall leg room.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is literally my exact build, inside and out. Please bring it to Colorado immediately. I'll let you take it over Black Bear Pass a couple of times but then it's coming home with me.

Kidding...but seriously, this is exactly what I have on order. Thanks for all the info - makes the long wait more bearable.

Is that Shadow Black or Antimatter Blue? I can't tell in the rain. Either way, it's stunning.
It is Shadow Black, just like my F150. Stunning!

Reactions: sjp

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ya, I have a feeling that there will be some differences, I want both Baja and Sport Mode... Hopefully Forscan will make this a potential possibility (or at least to re-map a mode so that it can emulate Baja mode - for instance have Sand mode be identical to Baja mode). Mostly because I want to be in control of whether or not my front camera is enabled above 20 mph.
Or get rid of Eco-Mode

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always appreciate your enthusiasm and attention to detail across both forums buzzy. Glad you love this thing as much as you hoped you would!

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for a great writeup. I'm waiting on a 2 dr BB. I can't wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BuzzyBud, did you have any opinion of the front seat levers/adjustments, and access to rear seat? I'm 5'10" and the rear seat was fine for me in terms of knees and overall leg room.
Funny that you ask. I am 5ā€10ā€, 172lbs. an ocean kayaker and yoga enthusiast. I am flexible. The levers seemed fine, and the front seats moved forward with no problem. I entered the back seat area effortlessly and found the space to be more than adequate for me. Getting out was a whole different story. The running board on the OBX seemed essential. My Badlands will not have running boards and the tires will create more ground clearance. Getting out should be wildly funny! ;)

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for trying. I have a feeling that they are pulling timing in the low gear to make it more "friendly" off the line. It will be interesting to see what the maps really look like and whether they change based on gear/speed.

How was it when it was on the boost?
I agree with that I seen a video of a guy explaining at that in first gear the tune takes it easy. Once we got in the third it really started going well I wish I could post the video.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree with that I seen a video of a guy explaining at that in first gear the tune takes it easy. Once we got in the third it really started going well I wish I could post the video.
I ordered the 2.3L and will seriously consider a tune. The same engine appeared in the video below which features the 2019 Ranger. I found the details in the video to be interesting.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2 door has a very short length, most economy cars are longer. I am sure this will help on the trail and for parking in the city.
nimble

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of "Bronco Joy" the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Broncos to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was given limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the intuitive design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12ā€ monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Happy to answer any questions.

UPDATES / ANSWERS:

It might be helpful if I highlighted my top three favorite and unexpected features during the test drive.

I absolutely loved how the 2-door felt nimble and maneuverable in the extreme. This is a FUN vehicle.

My F150 rides like a limousine (soft) yet the shocks and suspension cause you to lose fillings in your teeth over potholes. I was literally blow away by how you get the best of both worlds in a Bronco. It gives you just enough road felt and yet the pothole jarring is removed. I traveled the exact same roads in both vehicles to compare the results. All this in a 2-door! Geniuses designed this vehicle.

Also, you need to experience the 12ā€ monitor to genuinely appreciate the image. It will knock your socks off.

I could go on and on, but there you have my top three.

I was debating if a Bronco is worth waiting for until 2022. Absolutely!!

None that I noticed. Of course, I was thoroughly testing the stereo and the verbal commands via the navigation system. Compared to my Sync 3 in the F150, the Sync 4 appears to be much better!

Thank you! My message is the same to all. You need to find a Bronco and complete a test drive. It is an off-the-scale level of joy. Now more than ever, we all need this!

I drove the 2.7L and loved the Sport mode. Peppy!

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)

I experienced no hoppy or bouncy effect. I love how you experience some road feel and yet the pothole jarring is absorbed by the suspension. I did not expect any of this in a 2-door.

Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)

Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847.jpeg

The seats felt wonderfully supportive and that was a surprise! I am not use to cloth seats so that was hard for me to judge. My Bronco comes with MGV and I tested that at a separate event in Portsmouth, NH.

I plan to stay the course with my Badlands. However, I would like to test drive a Bronco with Baja mode and switch from 4H to 2L to find out if the ride is "spirited". I suspect it is since that is the approach the Raptor community use to simulate a juiced up Sport mode.

Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

Perhaps my choice of the word "Peppy" could be improved. Since it was a test vehicle, and my first time behind the wheel of a Bronco, I was cautious. The test OBX was not Sasquatch. It appeared to have stock wheels and tires. See pics below.
OBX wheels.jpg
OBX tires.jpg

During my review and test drive I took many pictures. I will share below a few with comment. The "discoveries' were perhaps nothing new, but they added to the joy of the moment.

The 12 inch monitor has unbelievable clarity. I had great fun using it while backing up.
12 inch monitor.jpg

A was constantly switching GOAT modes and at times loss track of which mode I was currenting using. You can see in the pic below I was in Sport mode due to the "S" in the top left corner of the digital panel. What you may not pick up on is the use of color to help as well. Excellent design!
Bronco Digital Cluster.jpg

I discovered a collection of documents as well as the tool kit in the glove box. Did not study each. Perhaps next time.
Contents of Bronco Glove Box 2.jpg

I love how you can easily flip the rear seat head rests back to give you an unobstructed view out the rear window.
Rear seat head rest.jpg

We sometimes joke about the size of the rear window wiper, but it does the job just fine. Actually, I thought the visibility out the rear window was excellent and a great surprise!
Rear window view out.jpg

One aspect of a vehicle I enjoy is a comfortable place to rest your arm while the window is open or closed. This was another pleasant discovery. Love the Bronco interior door design.
Door arm rest.jpg

Funny that you ask. I am 5ā€10ā€, 172lbs. an ocean kayaker and yoga enthusiast. I am flexible. The levers seemed fine, and the front seats moved forward with no problem. I entered the back seat area effortlessly and found the space to be more than adequate for me. Getting out was a whole different story. The running board on the OBX seemed essential. My Badlands will not have running boards and the tires will create more ground clearance. Getting out should be wildly funny! ;)

Bronco 2-Door
Bronco 2-door.jpg

My F150 parked next to the Bronco

Bronco and F150.jpg

Broncos being gathered for Northeast Off-Roadeo. Many more to follow. All Badlands 4-Door soft tops. Stunning!

Broncos for Off-Roadeo.jpg

Happy BuzzyBud Selfie

BuzzyBud Selfie.jpg
Thanks for the write up sounds like the wait is gonna be worth it!

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got to test drive a BB Sasquatch 2 door today. I must say that I was very impressed. It looked huge sitting there on the dealer's lot. Very imposing stance. This one had the roof racks seemed really tall. The cloth seats were firm and comfortable, even for a 6'3" 275# big guy like me. The view looking out the windshield is very different than my Jeep. You see a lot more of the hood and the sharp edges of the fender tops and the tie down points/ trail sights are prominent. The ride was a lot better than my Jeep. Bumps that would be jarring in the Jeep were soaked up by the suspension. There is a lot of body roll, but it feels very stable on the road. It doesn't feel top heavy or tippy at all. This Bronco had the 2.7 l and it is peppy! There is a slight delay between nailing it and actually taking off. Once the turbos spool up it launches. The transmission shifted smooth. I didn't really notice it shifting except under hard acceleration. The only think I really didn't like is the view out of the back glass. Between the spare tire and the windshield wiper, there isn't much window to look out of. The back up camera was great and made up for the limited visibility through the glass. I think the 8" screen is perfect. I didn't turn on the stereo because I wanted to listen to the any sounds the vehicle might be making. My wife filmed a video of the test drive and I must admit I had a big smile on my face the whole time. I almost wish I hadn't gone on a test drive because the wait is even more difficult now that I know what I am getting. If anyone is thinking about cancelling their order, wait until after you test drive one. You would be making a terrible mistake.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of "Bronco Joy" the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Broncos to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was given limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the intuitive design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12ā€ monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Happy to answer any questions.

UPDATES / ANSWERS:

It might be helpful if I highlighted my top three favorite and unexpected features during the test drive.

I absolutely loved how the 2-door felt nimble and maneuverable in the extreme. This is a FUN vehicle.

My F150 rides like a limousine (soft) yet the shocks and suspension cause you to lose fillings in your teeth over potholes. I was literally blow away by how you get the best of both worlds in a Bronco. It gives you just enough road felt and yet the pothole jarring is removed. I traveled the exact same roads in both vehicles to compare the results. All this in a 2-door! Geniuses designed this vehicle.

Also, you need to experience the 12ā€ monitor to genuinely appreciate the image. It will knock your socks off.

I could go on and on, but there you have my top three.

I was debating if a Bronco is worth waiting for until 2022. Absolutely!!

None that I noticed. Of course, I was thoroughly testing the stereo and the verbal commands via the navigation system. Compared to my Sync 3 in the F150, the Sync 4 appears to be much better!

Thank you! My message is the same to all. You need to find a Bronco and complete a test drive. It is an off-the-scale level of joy. Now more than ever, we all need this!

I drove the 2.7L and loved the Sport mode. Peppy!

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)

Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)

Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847.jpeg

The seats felt wonderfully supportive and that was a surprise! I am not use to cloth seats so that was hard for me to judge. My Bronco comes with MGV and I tested that at a separate event in Portsmouth, NH.

I plan to stay the course with my Badlands. However, I would like to test drive a Bronco with Baja mode and switch from 4H to 2L to find out if the ride is "spirited". I suspect it is since that is the approach the Raptor community use to simulate a juiced up Sport mode.

Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

Perhaps my choice of the word "Peppy" could be improved. Since it was a test vehicle, and my first time behind the wheel of a Bronco, I was cautious. The test OBX was not Sasquatch. It appeared to have stock wheels and tires. See pics below.
OBX wheels.jpg
OBX tires.jpg

During my review and test drive I took many pictures. I will share below a few with comment. The "discoveries' were perhaps nothing new, but they added to the joy of the moment.

The 12 inch monitor has unbelievable clarity. I had great fun using it while backing up.
12 inch monitor.jpg

A was constantly switching GOAT modes and at times loss track of which mode I was currenting using. You can see in the pic below I was in Sport mode due to the "S" in the top left corner of the digital panel. What you may not pick up on is the use of color to help as well. Excellent design!
Bronco Digital Cluster.jpg

I discovered a collection of documents as well as the tool kit in the glove box. Did not study each. Perhaps next time.
Contents of Bronco Glove Box 2.jpg

I love how you can easily flip the rear seat head rests back to give you an unobstructed view out the rear window.
Rear seat head rest.jpg

We sometimes joke about the size of the rear window wiper, but it does the job just fine. Actually, I thought the visibility out the rear window was excellent and a great surprise!
Rear window view out.jpg

One aspect of a vehicle I enjoy is a comfortable place to rest your arm while the window is open or closed. This was another pleasant discovery. Love the Bronco interior door design.
Door arm rest.jpg

Bronco 2-Door
Bronco 2-door.jpg

My F150 parked next to the Bronco

Bronco and F150.jpg

Broncos being gathered for Northeast Off-Roadeo. Many more to follow. All Badlands 4-Door soft tops. Stunning!

Broncos for Off-Roadeo.jpg

Happy BuzzyBud Selfie

BuzzyBud Selfie.jpg
I see you have a 2.3 on order . what do you think of the 2.7 now that you have tested it are you going /thinking of changing ?
I have the OBX 2.3 / 10AT , 2D rapid red .
thank you for the review and the pictures , makes me want mine even more

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see you have a 2.3 on order . what do you think of the 2.7 now that you have tested it are you going /thinking of changing ?
I have the OBX 2.3 / 10AT , 2D rapid red .
thank you for the review and the pictures , makes me want mine even more
I plan to stay with my choice of the 2.3L. Originally, I was planning to pull a trailer up and over mountains and felt the 2.7L might be a better choice. I now plan to keep my F150 for that task. With that decision made, I then needed to understand the advantages to choosing the 2.3L other than dollar savings. Key among the advantages for me was the savings in vehicle weight. If the Ford literature is correct, I gain a weight savings of approximately 130 lbs on the front axle. That gives me an opportunity to consider a winch.

Having test driven a Ford Ranger with the 2.3L, I was more than happy with the performance. I believe the Ford designers thought long and hard about how to design a superior trail rig. I sense they believed the Badlands model with the 2.3L and the 33ā€ BFG tires would be the sweet spot.

My goal is to purchase a superior trial rig and use it as designed. Time will tell if my thought process and decision making is correct.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the review! This is not a dig at you, but you remind me of Ron Swanson's counterpart from Parks and Rec when you mentioned that you also loved yoga.

F93536BD-85C4-4C35-96D0-064E19F44B36.jpeg

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the review! This is not a dig at you, but you remind me of Ron Swanson's counterpart from Parks and Rec when you mentioned that you also loved yoga.

Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire F93536BD-85C4-4C35-96D0-064E19F44B36
During my more focused ocean kayaking days I would train for hours to complete 150+ mile trips paddling on the ocean in Alaska. Yoga is essential for conditioning the body to use proper torso rotation and prevent injuries. I guess I have carried over those yoga skills. It is kind of funny, since most stiff dudes would prefer a lounge chair and frosty one in hand. šŸ˜Š
Sponsored