First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
During my more focused ocean kayaking days I would train for hours to complete 150+ mile trips paddling on the ocean in Alaska. Yoga is essential for conditioning the body to use proper torso rotation and prevent injuries. I guess I have carried over those yoga skills. It is kind of funny, since most stiff dudes would prefer a lounge chair and frosty one in hand. 😊
That's a cool hobby you have. My wife does yoga and I join her half the time though she has to pick an easier routine because of me. Like I said I was just teasing you because that Parks and Rec side arc came to mind and I found it humorous! You should watch it! Ron is an over the top manly American and the older man is the same except he also loves yoga and spiritual enlightenment which grates on regular Ron.
Sponsored

SJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440i, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I loved your Bronco review!

This was by far my favorite words you typed ...
Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is at Irwin Ford, Laconia, NH
Not sure how I missed your thread, but this is one of the best reviews written on this site to date.

Thanks for confirming things for those of us fellow members of the 2 Dr Cartel "Blood in, Blood out!" 🤪

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure how I missed your thread, but this is one of the best reviews written on this site to date.

Thanks for confirming things for those of us fellow members of the 2 Dr Cartel "Blood in, Blood out!" 🤪
I believe those of us who chose the 2-Door take the path less travelled. We still crave Bronco knowledge but benefit from information tailored to the 2-Door from a person who shares the same love of the iconic Bronco 2-Door. It has been my great pleasure to share my experience and love I have for the Bronco 2-Door. :)

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t read through the whole post but Laconia Ford has like 18 Broncos (all Sas or Badlands and mostly 4 door) in the back lot. I was two door all the way but the 4 door looks equally as good. None are for sale but great to look at. I canceled my first day reservation as I’m going to hold out for a year or two. I was going to get a OBX non Sas. But after looking at them I would for sure get a badlands or add the Sasquatch on another model when I order. So I’m kinda happy I backed out because I would have ordered the wrong one for me.
Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire B1AF7F04-1C18-440B-9556-A0D46C8C9CAB
Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire E38CA8B0-EA00-47D9-A1F3-980D538F7732
Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire F068ADBA-41AB-46D1-AEDC-B4DD8E1FCA48

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn’t read through the whole post but Laconia Ford has like 24 Broncos (all Sas or Badlands and mostly 4 door) in the back lot. I was two door all the way but the 4 door looks equally as good. None are for sale but great to look at. I canceled my first day reservation as I’m going to hold out for a year or two. I was going to get a OBX non Sas. But after looking at them I would for sure get a badlands or add the Sasquatch on another model when I order. So I’m kinda happy I backed out because I would have ordered the wrong one for me.
B1AF7F04-1C18-440B-9556-A0D46C8C9CAB.jpeg
E38CA8B0-EA00-47D9-A1F3-980D538F7732.jpeg
F068ADBA-41AB-46D1-AEDC-B4DD8E1FCA48.jpeg
Wow! Thank you for posting the pics!
This coming Monday I may need to travel back up to Irwin Ford. I hope to spot a Badlands 2-door. That would be my preferred choice during Off-Roadeo.
I may also pay a visit to Gunstock to see if I can spot any preparations for Off-Roadeo.
I have to believe they must be making progress on the course since the herd of Bronco has arrived. This is wicked exciting! Better than tapping my foot waiting to receive word on my build. ;)
P.S. Beautiful Boxer! Love Boxers!

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered the 2.3L and will seriously consider a tune. The same engine appeared in the video below which features the 2019 Ranger. I found the details in the video to be interesting.

When I had my focus RS (2.3) a lot of the guys praised panda motorworks. They just received there R&Dvehicle yesterday with a 2.7 on the way. I can’t wait. I’m hoping for 400-450 Whp.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow! Thank you for posting the pics!
This coming Monday I may need to travel back up to Irwin Ford. I hope to spot a Badlands 2-door. That would be my preferred chose during Off-Roadeo.
I may also pay a visit to Gunstock to see if I can spot any preparations for Off-Roadeo.
I have to believe they must be making progress on the course since the herd of Bronco has arrived. This is wicked exciting! Better than tapping my foot waiting to receive word on my build. ;)
P.S. Beautiful Boxer! Love Boxers!
That’s all I got for pictures. Shitty pictures I know and my dog photo bombed most of them. I was very happy with all the colors actually seeing them in person. I would go antimatter blue all the way. And people that are going to order a base 2.7 with Sasquatch won’t be disappointed. Seems like a great value and looks equally as cool as a wild track. That is if you are a normal person and not a crazy bronco enthusiast on this forum. Hahahaha

5C4AFE7F-D979-478F-8971-6E99B058FB12.jpeg

6AB1289D-D284-4D3F-9C5E-46C79B09D21C.jpeg

7B1B3464-BD7C-43D6-A472-54321CDBF507.jpeg

F5B00BFB-85C0-438B-B884-0F306B17B3AB.jpeg

37570FFD-E4B9-473B-BA78-D68885F7B58B.jpeg

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s all I got for pictures. Shitty pictures I know and my dog photo bombed most of them. I was very happy with all the colors actually seeing them in person. I would go antimatter blue all the way. And people that are going to order a base 2.7 with Sasquatch won’t be disappointed. Seems like a great value and looks equally as cool as a wild track. That is if you are a normal person and not a crazy bronco enthusiast on this forum. Hahahaha

Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire 37570FFD-E4B9-473B-BA78-D68885F7B58B

Ford Bronco Test Drive Produces Bronco Joy -- Review of 2-Door Bronco 2.7L in New Hampshire 37570FFD-E4B9-473B-BA78-D68885F7B58B

These are great pictures. Thank you!

If I did not already have obligations, I would drive there today. I love seeing Broncos in person. Like food for a starving person.

Antimatter Blue is stunning. Great choice!

There are many decisions regarding options/models/accessories. Luckily, you discovered Forum6g which will give you access to lots of great info and wicked smart members. Dive-in!

Ha-ha! Yes, I am very much a crazy Bronco enthusiast and proud of that feature. In addition, I love the 2-Door models. Now that makes me doubly crazy! Ha-ha!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t read through the whole post but Laconia Ford has like 18 Broncos (all Sas or Badlands and mostly 4 door) in the back lot. I was two door all the way but the 4 door looks equally as good. None are for sale but great to look at. I canceled my first day reservation as I’m going to hold out for a year or two. I was going to get a OBX non Sas. But after looking at them I would for sure get a badlands or add the Sasquatch on another model when I order. So I’m kinda happy I backed out because I would have ordered the wrong one for me.
Wait a damn second. How dare you take photos of your pup and not introduce her! Cute Boxer, though. They are fantastic pets.

Sponsored

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are great pictures. Thank you!

If I did not already have obligations, I would drive there today. I love seeing Broncos in person. Like food for a starving person.

Antimatter Blue is stunning. Great choice!

There are many decisions regarding options/models/accessories. Luckily, you discovered Forum6g which will give you access to lots of great info and wicked smart members. Dive-in!

Ha-ha! Yes, I am very much a crazy Bronco enthusiast and proud of that feature. In addition, I love the 2-Door models. Now that makes me doubly crazy! Ha-ha!!
Hahaha. Yeah this is my first time seeing them in person and look great in person! I will for sure pick one up once the kinks are worked out with a new model launch. But honestly after seeing them in person the fit and finish and materials all looks great to me. Kind of wish I didn’t cancel my reservation. Hahaha. Oh well. I even liked the red and I hate red vehicles! Hahaha. I want a color matched hardtop and this will be a toy non daily driver vehicle so I can wait a year or two.

My boxer is 2.5 yrs old and 68lbs and looks like mini compared to Broncos fitted with Sasquatch. I was never going to get the Sasquatch package on my original build. But now that I saw them in person. I need it. Hahahaaha

Last edited:

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of "Bronco Joy" the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Broncos to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was given limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the intuitive design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12” monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Happy to answer any questions.

UPDATES / ANSWERS:

It might be helpful if I highlighted my top three favorite and unexpected features during the test drive.

I absolutely loved how the 2-door felt nimble and maneuverable in the extreme. This is a FUN vehicle.

My F150 rides like a limousine (soft) yet the shocks and suspension cause you to lose fillings in your teeth over potholes. I was literally blow away by how you get the best of both worlds in a Bronco. It gives you just enough road felt and yet the pothole jarring is removed. I traveled the exact same roads in both vehicles to compare the results. All this in a 2-door! Geniuses designed this vehicle.

Also, you need to experience the 12” monitor to genuinely appreciate the image. It will knock your socks off.

I could go on and on, but there you have my top three.

I was debating if a Bronco is worth waiting for until 2022. Absolutely!!

None that I noticed. Of course, I was thoroughly testing the stereo and the verbal commands via the navigation system. Compared to my Sync 3 in the F150, the Sync 4 appears to be much better!

Thank you! My message is the same to all. You need to find a Bronco and complete a test drive. It is an off-the-scale level of joy. Now more than ever, we all need this!

I drove the 2.7L and loved the Sport mode. Peppy!

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)

I experienced no hoppy or bouncy effect. I love how you experience some road feel and yet the pothole jarring is absorbed by the suspension. I did not expect any of this in a 2-door.

Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)

Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847.jpeg

The seats felt wonderfully supportive and that was a surprise! I am not use to cloth seats so that was hard for me to judge. My Bronco comes with MGV and I tested that at a separate event in Portsmouth, NH.

I plan to stay the course with my Badlands. However, I would like to test drive a Bronco with Baja mode and switch from 4H to 2L to find out if the ride is "spirited". I suspect it is since that is the approach the Raptor community use to simulate a juiced up Sport mode.

Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

Perhaps my choice of the word "Peppy" could be improved. Since it was a test vehicle, and my first time behind the wheel of a Bronco, I was cautious. The test OBX was not Sasquatch. It appeared to have stock wheels and tires. See pics below.
OBX wheels.jpg
OBX tires.jpg

During my review and test drive I took many pictures. I will share below a few with comment. The "discoveries' were perhaps nothing new, but they added to the joy of the moment.

The 12 inch monitor has unbelievable clarity. I had great fun using it while backing up.
12 inch monitor.jpg

A was constantly switching GOAT modes and at times loss track of which mode I was currenting using. You can see in the pic below I was in Sport mode due to the "S" in the top left corner of the digital panel. What you may not pick up on is the use of color to help as well. Excellent design!
Bronco Digital Cluster.jpg

I discovered a collection of documents as well as the tool kit in the glove box. Did not study each. Perhaps next time.
Contents of Bronco Glove Box 2.jpg

I love how you can easily flip the rear seat head rests back to give you an unobstructed view out the rear window.
Rear seat head rest.jpg

We sometimes joke about the size of the rear window wiper, but it does the job just fine. Actually, I thought the visibility out the rear window was excellent and a great surprise!
Rear window view out.jpg

One aspect of a vehicle I enjoy is a comfortable place to rest your arm while the window is open or closed. This was another pleasant discovery. Love the Bronco interior door design.
Door arm rest.jpg

Funny that you ask. I am 5”10”, 172lbs. an ocean kayaker and yoga enthusiast. I am flexible. The levers seemed fine, and the front seats moved forward with no problem. I entered the back seat area effortlessly and found the space to be more than adequate for me. Getting out was a whole different story. The running board on the OBX seemed essential. My Badlands will not have running boards and the tires will create more ground clearance. Getting out should be wildly funny! ;)

Bronco 2-Door

My F150 parked next to the Bronco

Broncos being gathered for Northeast Off-Roadeo. Many more to follow. All Badlands 4-Door soft tops. Stunning!

Happy BuzzyBud Selfie

Great report! Looks like I’m going to have to order another Bronco so I can attend the Off Rodeo in NH.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the writeup. Excited to see Broncos in NH and the potential for the event to be in Gunstock.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you!
I do not believe they are restricting the test drives in any way. I worked with Zachary Land. They simply ask for your driver's license so they can make a copy. Zac spent time showing me the Bronco (He assumed I was clueless.) then tossed me the keys and sent me on my way. I had driven from Rt 93 via Rt 3 to Laconia and passed Belknap Mall. I told Zac my plan was to drive to the Mall and back. He was happy with that statement.
Thanks for this information, BuzzyBud. I enjoyed your review and glad to hear that the Off-Rodeo will be so close to us here in NH.
I switched my reservation to a dealership in W. Va. (dealerships here near Manchvegas weren't offering any sorts of discounts) and was nervous about going and asking for a test drive.

MuddyBoots

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey @BuzzyBud I was up at Irwin this past weekend and saw all the Broncos as well. I knew going up that they had the 2 door Outer Banks you test drove (I did as well, absolutely loved it), but my wife and I were both stunned when we saw the line of 20 or so 4 doors as we drove in!

I spoke with one of the sales people and she said they were expecting to have a total of 45-50 on the lot in preperation for "some unveiling event at Gunstock." She wasn't sure, however, if it was open to the public. I apologize if you already said this, I just found this thread today and it's pretty long, but did you get confirmation that this is for the Off-Rodeo? She seemed to think it was for Ford employees so they could get familiar with the Broncos, but she wasn't sure.
Sponsored