broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the 3rd time I am in a Bronco. I was at KOH and Moab for the ride along and published extensive reports here.

Now I have driven a Bronco for 1h at the dealership.

Ford the record I reserved on the 13th within minutes and I am 1st allocation at my dealer. Yet no build date…

Tested a Sasquatch 4D 2.7 mid package

The bad:
  • plastics are the worst I have seen in any modern car. Terrible. Worst feeling than at the ride along event because now I was able to spend time touching it.
  • Base stereo same…

The neutral:
  • 2.7 engine is ok. Similar as the 2.7 F150 I tested. Very linear. The 2.3 is less Linear and power is more abrupt so I actually like the feel of the 2.3 but it’s personal preference. Both very adequate for the Bronco just don’t expect a sport car.
    Sport mode made a huge difference, if power and responsiveness matter for you get a wildtrak not a badlands
  • Mpg was 10 but I assume everybody floored it like I did

The Good
  • seats are amazing great comfort and great legroom like I reported earlier
  • Drives great despite 35 tires. Drives like a SUV. Overall a comfortable car for road trips. Body roll is not too severe. A note on 35: they looked perfect at KOH among giant off raiders. But they look huge at the dealership next to regular cars. 33 might be the sweet spot for some depending on the look you want.
  • Infotainment responsive and great. CarPlay wireless works perfect.

Overall I really enjoyed driving the Bronco and that’s the most important. Ford created a vehicle that’s as good as a Wrangler off road but much better on road and that’s an achievement.

The quality and comfort of cloth seats as well as the importance of sport mode made me realize that Wildtrak is a great alternative to Badlands. I returned to my vinyl seats car after the drive and sweat my ass and back immediately and wished I had the cloth.
I also repeat if you like to drive spirited you need sport mode. It switches into 4A to avoid wheel spin, so Baja in 2H is not an alternative plus the gear selection is different and Baja does not feel good on road.
Sponsored