James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so grateful I got on the Bronco Bandwagon. This vehicle is amazing. SO much fun to drive. 2.7 seemed plenty peppy to me - although I am coming from a 187hp four cylinder.

Super happy I went with the soft top too - living in Southern California that thing is going to come in super handy. What an absolute blast to drive. We are in for fun times ahead...definitely worth the wait.
Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am so grateful I got on the Bronco Bandwagon. This vehicle is amazing. SO much fun to drive. 2.7 seemed plenty peppy to me - although I am coming from a 187hp four cylinder.

Super happy I went with the soft top too - living in Southern California that thing is going to come in super handy. What an absolute blast to drive. We are in for fun times ahead...definitely worth the wait.
Where did you test drive a bronco in California? I thought the Wildtrak couldn’t come with a soft top. Is Ford sending mannequins like this or can you change your Wildtrak order to a soft top now?

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I test drove a 2.7 SAS Wildtrack with a soft top yesterday here in SoCal as well. It’s my dealers demo and loaner vehicle.
I guess they’re shipping those out to dealers only!

0EC9DD05-9951-4A18-B011-64E1C72BA91C.jpeg

F8F33003-1CF6-4FEC-8617-84B9595A8DBB.jpeg

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you test drive a bronco in California? I thought the Wildtrak couldn’t come with a soft top. Is Ford sending mannequins like this or can you change your Wildtrak order to a soft top now?
I tested it at Galpin Ford. Not sure about what you can and cannot order it with, but it was definitely a wildtrak.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a 2.7 SAS Wildtrack with a soft top yesterday here in SoCal as well. It’s my dealers demo and loaner vehicle.
I guess they’re shipping those out to dealers only!

Ford Bronco Test drove a 2.7 Wildtrak soft top... F8F33003-1CF6-4FEC-8617-84B9595A8DBB

Ford Bronco Test drove a 2.7 Wildtrak soft top... F8F33003-1CF6-4FEC-8617-84B9595A8DBB
yeah must be the case - where was your dealer? The one I tested also had the decal on the bottom of it. Wasn't it just absolutely awesome?

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only dealer Mannequin Wildtraks get the soft tops, can't order a soft top from the factory.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yeah must be the case - where was your dealer? The one I tested also had the decal on the bottom of it. Wasn't it just absolutely awesome?
AutoNation Valencia.. yeah it was bad arse..
Loved it in person! Looked really upscale, I was expecting it to feel more raw. Some people will like that and others won’t I guess.. I think Ford did a great job.

Last edited:
OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AutoNation Valencia.. yeah it was bad arse..
Loved it in person! Looked really upscale, I was expecting it to feel more raw. Some people will like that and others won’t I guess.. I think Ford did a great job.
I feel similarly. To be honest - this whole time I've been hemming and hawing over the price but after driving it, it has absolutely confirmed my decision that this will make an excellent long term vehicle, particularly living down here in LA. That soft top in the second position was so nice and I was surprised that I didn't hear it flap around or anything in the wind on the 405 doing 70. The 2.7 L really has some balls to it

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also had a chance to drive the Wildtrack at Galpin this morning. we are getting a 2dr MIC so it was nice to enjoy the 4 door soft top with it all the way back, Kids loved that it was so open. They said they felt like they were free! :) Very pleased the interior room. Felt larger than our 04 Tacoma, and pretty close to the '12 Pilot. It did ride much smoother and quieter than I expected. The smaller windshield and much larger mirrors will take some getting used to but I think I can manage suffering through that. HAHA

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just test drove a Wildtrak with a soft top in Portland, OR.

Sponsored

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a 4-door Wildtrak yesterday with a Soft-top here in San Antonio, TX yesterday. Dealer called me in the morning to say they just got a demo in and if I wanted to come by and test drive one. Hell yeah! Confirmed that I really want this vehicle. And the soft-top was not noisy at all. Love the stance of the vehicle with the Sasquatch (35" tires), and the 2.7 is the way to go, jumped on the highway and it had tremendous pickup. Makes me wish I could jump into one today.

Sales guy told me has had several folks walk in and tell him to name whatever price it would take to have him sell that Bronco to them. They don't understand its a demo and they cannot sell it.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a 4-door Wildtrak yesterday with a Soft-top here in San Antonio, TX yesterday. Dealer called me in the morning to say they just got a demo in and if I wanted to come by and test drive one. Hell yeah! Confirmed that I really want this vehicle. And the soft-top was not noisy at all. Love the stance of the vehicle with the Sasquatch (35" tires), and the 2.7 is the way to go, jumped on the highway and it had tremendous pickup. Makes me wish I could jump into one today.

Sales guy told me has had several folks walk in and tell him to name whatever price it would take to have him sell that Bronco to them. They don't understand its a demo and they cannot sell it.
I am glad people keep responding to this thread. With the wait, I find myself wavering and then reflect back on the enjoyment I had driving this vehicle and it puts me back on the path to righteousness

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same experience at San Tan Ford in Chandler, Arizona. Car was quieter than expected, more giddyup (see what I did there) than anticipated, and the finishes were fine. I'm a two door order, so I may never see a Bronco, but I'm willing to wait until it comes.
Sponsored