Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This certainly wasn't a full blown test drive as we just went around the block. However, if the Bronco is using the same platform I would say it's going to be quite nice. The Ranger I drove was a loaded Lariat 4X4, so it had everything except the kitchen sink. The ride was quite good over fairly rough city streets, and was very very quiet. The steering was excellent, and the 10 speed was smooth. As I said this was an around the block, so I can't say how how the truck preforms at speed. And there wasn't any way to test the power of the engine. But, on this little ride I was happy enough with the platform.

BTW, this truck had the new start/stop technology that I am happy to say can be turned off. When I started driveing, and your engine stopped at a stop light you had trouble. So, I don't think I could get used to that feature. :)
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's good to hear. I've been vehicle shopping for a few years now, and for a long time I thought I might end up with a Colorado or Ranger ... but the pickup form factor just doesn't appeal to me as much as a suv/wagon body type. Hopefully my current vehicle will survive long enough for the Bronco to arrive.

Last time I heard, Ford models start/stop defaults to being active every time you turn the vehicle on, forcing you to turn it off over and over and over. The only defeat I've heard of is to plug a dummy into the trailer connector ... no start/stop when you're trailering. Tech like that is to meet EPA goals, in complete defiance of the fact that consumers hate it.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't think about the start/stop being on as a default setting. It may be the same in the Ranger as I saw the young lady riding with me turn in off by a button/switch on the console after we started off. I'm like y'all, there should be a way to turn it off completely. But, I'll bet you can't.
Sponsored