First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My local dealership finally got their demo bronco in yesterday and I was able to test drive it this afternoon. First things first, this was my first time seeing a bronco in person and I was amazed at how much larger it appears than in pictures; not gargantuan or unruly but large. The color of antimatter blue is much better in person and was beautiful in the sunlightā€¦If I was ordering an outer banks that would be my choice of color. The interior was roast and black onyx which was visually and tactilely fantastic. The noise at 65 mph (with the soft-top up) was acceptable/fine and Iā€™ve never owed a convertible or soft-top vehicle. The 2.3 auto was more than adequate but I wonder if the ā€œtwistingā€ or ā€œ stutteringā€œ I felt was a turbo or a smaller engine struggling experienceā€¦Iā€™ve never owned a turbocharged engine either so Iā€™m not sure but highway power was good. I felt right at home in the Bronco and she drove amazingly albeit definitely a rugged truck/SUVā€¦itā€™s an uncanny blend actually of a refined beast. All I can say is that pictures/videos donā€™t do the Bronco justice and driving one makes the wait justified as well as a bit harderā€¦but still worth it. Any questions you have I will try and answer.
Sponsored

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you happen to see if it was the standard 3.73 gears or the optional 4.27 with locker?

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had my 4 dr 2.3 manual for two days now and It was a compromise vehicle because I have no faith I will ever see my 2 door 2.7 and I love the 2.3. On the highway it pulls fine and can cruise all day at 80 without issue and the road noise with doors on is more than acceptable compared to my old jeep. My racing days are over but it has plenty of power for everyday driving. It is geared low though so I find myself starting in 2nd gear a lot, which Iā€™m fine with. Actually so easy to drive I may finally be able to teach the kids how to drive stick. The old jeep was too hard for them and they got intimidated.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you happen to see if it was the standard 3.73 gears or the optional 4.27 with locker?
I did not check and wish I had as I am still deciding on switching to a BD and maybe the 2.3 so I would like to know how the different gearing would or did feel. I will contact the dealership and ask today.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Called my dealership and it was equipped with the 3.73. I wonder how the 4.27 would feel with the 2.3 and how the MPG would be affected with heavy hwy driving.

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove a badlands with 2.3 with 4.46. It was incredibly peppy. I was very impressed. It even had me reconsidering the 2.7

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My local dealership finally got their demo bronco in yesterday and I was able to test drive it this afternoon. First things first, this was my first time seeing a bronco in person and I was amazed at how much larger it appears than in pictures; not gargantuan or unruly but large. The color of antimatter blue is much better in person and was beautiful in the sunlightā€¦If I was ordering an outer banks that would be my choice of color. The interior was roast and black onyx which was visually and tactilely fantastic. The noise at 65 mph (with the soft-top up) was acceptable/fine and Iā€™ve never owed a convertible or soft-top vehicle. The 2.3 auto was more than adequate but I wonder if the ā€œtwistingā€ or ā€œ stutteringā€œ I felt was a turbo or a smaller engine struggling experienceā€¦Iā€™ve never owned a turbocharged engine either so Iā€™m not sure but highway power was good. I felt right at home in the Bronco and she drove amazingly albeit definitely a rugged truck/SUVā€¦itā€™s an uncanny blend actually of a refined beast. All I can say is that pictures/videos donā€™t do the Bronco justice and driving one makes the wait justified as well as a bit harderā€¦but still worth it. Any questions you have I will try and answer.
Just wondering if this was while you were at slower speeds like 25-35 mph. The reason I ask is my Ranger with the 2.3L 10 speed does the same thing. It happens because Ford programs the tranny to eek out every ounce of gas mileage it can, and it lugs the engine terribly. When I'm in that situation I put it in sport mode, and use the buttons on the side of the shifter to put it in a lower gear, and keep the engine from lugging. It is what it is.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wondering if this was while you were at slower speeds like 25-35 mph. The reason I ask is my Ranger with the 2.3L 10 speed does the same thing. It happens because Ford programs the tranny to eek out every ounce of gas mileage it can, and it lugs the engine terribly. When I'm in that situation I put it in sport mode, and use the buttons on the side of the shifter to put it in a lower gear, and keep the engine from lugging. It is what it is.
It was at lower speeds...I did not look at what speed I was going at the time but it was definitely not at highway speeds. If I switched to the 2.3 I will be adding the rear locking diff with the 4.27 which could help minimize that.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was at lower speeds...I did not look at what speed I was going at the time but it was definitely not at highway speeds. If I switched to the 2.3 I will be adding the rear locking diff with the 4.27 which could help minimize that.
I wish the 4.27 was a option on the base model. I can't justify the price difference to jump up to BB for it.
Sponsored