Sponsored

Test drove a Wildtrack - I'm sold. Here's pics and notes compared to my Sahara with 33s.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's a quick comparo. Enjoy the pics and notes.

This is a Wildtrack next to my Sahara. The Sahara is fitted with a Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires (33s), along with steel bumpers and side armor. Definitely a height advantage for the Wildtrack.

The Bronco seats were GREAT and the thing actually drove in a straight line! Two huge improvements over the Wrangler. I generally was very impressed with most all of the things the Bronco offered, but the one thing I didn't like was the stereo. It was not the B&O, and it is horrible compared to the Alpine in my JLU, and most new car stereos in general.

As I said in the title, I'm sold. It will come with the hardtop of course, but I'm really impressed with the lack of cabin noise with the soft top of the Mannequin. I'll end up getting both and switching out when one is more advantageous than the other. Charleston, SC summers are hot. Not much top down time for this guy in July/August.

For those with questions about the 2.7's performance, it pulled every bit as hard as the 3.6L V6 etorque in my Jeep. I will miss the natural aspiration (and engine noise) of the Jeep V6, but it isn't enough to complain about. I'm very familiar with Ford's EcoBoost engines, and they all sound about the same.

One thing is for sure - The Bronco is much more tech heavy. Will take a while to learn the Sync4. I'm not going to call it intuitive, but it will be very easy to use once you learn it.

And the dash. I thought it would look like my toddler's plastic toys with the feedback on the forum. It is hard surfaced, and simple, but it looked just fine.

The AC blows MUCH colder than my Jeep. Was 92 degrees + and you would have never guessed it. I drove home after the test drive and immediately missed it.

Can't wait to get it in 2023.

Ford Bronco Test drove a Wildtrack - I'm sold.  Here's pics and notes compared to my Sahara with 33s. 20210730_130704

Ford Bronco Test drove a Wildtrack - I'm sold.  Here's pics and notes compared to my Sahara with 33s. Screenshot_20210730-122352_Gallery

Ford Bronco Test drove a Wildtrack - I'm sold.  Here's pics and notes compared to my Sahara with 33s. 20210730_122134

Ford Bronco Test drove a Wildtrack - I'm sold.  Here's pics and notes compared to my Sahara with 33s. 20210730_122838
Sponsored

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's posts like these that actually do put a little pump in my up. Thanks! Great insight and love the comparison photos. I've got a race red Wildtrak on order so seeing this rapid red Wildtrak actually helped scrap the bad film off my teeth. Thanks!

OP
OP

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's posts like these that actually do put a little pump in my up. Thanks! Great insight and love the comparison photos. I've got a race red Wildtrak on order so seeing this rapid red Wildtrak actually helped scrap the bad film off my teeth. Thanks!
I'm going back and forth between Rapid Red, Race Red, and Antimatter Blue. Black would be pretty slick too, but that is my 4th choice at this point. Rapid Red looks more red and less maroon in person compared to photos.
Sponsored