First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the Boston Area - and reached out to my dealer about my order (1st day reservation, OBX, Lux, hardtop 2.3L) - I asked if I would have to reorder my car or would it "rollover" to the 2022 - he confirmed that it would roll over - and if they made all of his orders "reorder" - it would be a mess.

My dealership has 140 orders and they've delivered 3 - all lower based stripped models. He has no idea when he'll get more.

I asked if I liked anything about the 2022 and I wanted to make any changes to my order, would I still have my line in place or would i "go back in line" - he thought it would have to be a brand new order and that I would go "back in line" - that being said - he said order both - and he thought- maybe I'd get the new 2022 order before my original order -so how's that for clarity.

anyhow, got to test drive the demo - a Cyber Orange 2.3L Badlands - with Lux package. Not much to add but here are my thoughts:
1) it felt bigger than my wife's Ranger Rover Sport
2) As a followup to my comments that the interior was similar to my Dodge Durango - I stand corrected -its much nicer - and the quality of the plastics is much more substantial
3) 2.3L is perfectly fine for me - plenty of pick up - didn't feel underpowered when tooling around the Boston area
4) Dont' love where the front plate is placed...might have to remove it
5) The better radio was just fine - definitely sounded pretty good considering the soft top/road noise

I'm still very excited - though I still can't believe how bad this launch is -ohh well - driving the demo was a taste, looking forward to getting mine some time during 2022 (maybe 2023!)
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked if I liked anything about the 2022 and I wanted to make any changes to my order, would I still have my line in place or would i "go back in line" - he thought it would have to be a brand new order and that I would go "back in line" - that being said - he said order both - and he thought- maybe I'd get the new 2022 order before my original order -so how's that for clarity.
I'm pretty sure your dealer is wrong. People are changing things on orders they've already placed (I've changed mine 3-4 times) that don't yet have a VIN without having to place a new order and without losing their place in line. Why would adding a new MY22 option be any different?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer is making a lot of assumptions and guesses that do not align with what Ford has actually communicated and/or what we know here.

I don't have the time to go down point-by-point, but all your answers can be found on this forum.

*caveat is that all of this could change at any moment... so everything is what we know at the time of posting.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Amazing how ignorant some dealers are.

OP
OP
bigredjumbo

bigredjumbo

Outer Banks
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty sure your dealer is wrong. People are changing things on orders they've already placed (I've changed mine 3-4 times) that don't yet have a VIN without having to place a new order and without losing their place in line. Why would adding a new MY22 option be any different?
So funny right? I mean everything is so inconsistent -once I see what's going on with 2022, then I'll get the answers I need - right now I'm happy with my build...

Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without a VIN you're not getting built this year....do you have a VIN?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is the possibility that some MICs that aren't assigned VINs will slide in at the end of the year. It appears Ford is ahead of schedule on MIC 2.0. My dealer seems to think this very well could happen and I changed my order to 99 to avoid any chance of a late 2021 build.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the second post of yours I have stumbled upon today where you have made this claim without citing a source. Again, what's your source as it is already been determined that there will be scheduling this week and beyond.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did the same thing at my dealers' and also test drove a Wildtrack 2.7. I asked pretty much the same questions and the sales guy never got back to me. It's been over 3 weeks now.

The botched launch, trouble with the hard tops and complete lack of response from my dealer, I'm most likely done. I still like reading the forum though!

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is the possibility that some MICs that aren't assigned VINs will slide in at the end of the year. It appears Ford is ahead of schedule on MIC 2.0. My dealer seems to think this very well could happen and I changed my order to 99 to avoid any chance of a late 2021 build.
That would be nice!!
This is the second post of yours I have stumbled upon today where you have made this claim without citing a source. Again, what's your source as it is already been determined that there will be scheduling this week and beyond.
I'm flattered you're Having a VIN doesn't necessarily mean you're scheduled to be built. I have a VIN,
No specific URL to share with you, just me reading. And from that I understood that all those being built this year already have a VIN. If I'm wrong then that's awesome. And thanks for following me and my comments ;)

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been told by a pretty popular dealer, that I have to reorder for 2022. Now, not sure if it's only because I wanted a hard top in Rapid Red or we all will have to reorder.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now, you'll have to re-order a '22 but your position in line stays the same. Ford said a while back that they were working on a way to transfer without re-ordering but who knows if that'll be ready once MY22 orders open up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And thanks for following me and my comments ;)
Any time, just doing my part to stop the spread of fake news. ;)

I'm flattered you're Having a VIN doesn't necessarily mean you're scheduled to be built. I have a VIN,
Try calling your dealer or the Ford Marketing hotline to find out your build date. I also have a VIN and a build date that has moved several times due to the MIC fiasco but was only notified once by Ford. My build date even moved twice in the past 2 weeks and is currently 10/11 but would not be surprised if it slipped further.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
As of now, you'll have to re-order a '22 but your position in line stays the same. Ford said a while back that they were working on a way to transfer without re-ordering but who knows if that'll be ready once MY22 orders open up.
Still gonna have to change my order, AMB...