ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tested out the towing yesterday and in general it was great. Had to switch hitches to my weight distribution hitch since it is longer and the spare was in the way for my short trip hitch. Found out it has sway control. Didn’t add my brake controller because I couldn’t find the plug or maybe it’s different but the trailer weighs 2900 lbs so just under the required weight for needing one. I’ll get one added before I head into the mountains as it gives some good piece of mind.

Specs: 2.7 Badlands high package w/ tow package

0184D920-10E5-4EB7-B189-DE12BF0F22ED.jpeg
5D0C2658-2E79-4BD2-ABD4-7BE5A62CEBFB.jpeg
3D22E722-9914-4839-8B0A-706F55050C14.jpeg
Was that with the 7 pin connector?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why does it stop/start in the first place? Who do you take it to in order to disable it with forscan? Does disabling it void the warranty?
The start and stop feature (?) is meant to help with gas mileage. When stopped with the motor running your are getting 0 miles per gallon. There is a button to disable it but it’s temporary for that session of running I believe.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The start and stop feature (?) is meant to help with gas mileage. When stopped with the motor running your are getting 0 miles per gallon. There is a button to disable it but it’s temporary for that session of running I believe.
Wouldn't it take gas in order to restart it? Is it really saving you that much gas, or is it just a govt requirement nowadays?

Sponsored

Seawalker

Base
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks Great! My concern is with the range. What 200 to 225 miles when pulling trailer? I wish the two doors had bigger fuel tank that's all.

OP
OP
Kaopeterson

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks Great! My concern is with the range. What 200 to 225 miles when pulling trailer? I wish the two doors had bigger fuel tank that's all.
Valid concern. Tank is certainly small. Said I had 58 miles left of the tank so I filled it up. It only took 11.5 gallons to fill up!!! I was like oh boy. I was used to my expedition with 29 gallons so the range will be interesting as a change.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I'm not going to run a 12" extension when Im yanking 3k pounds around on trails. I do have the option to add a factory tongue extension on my trailer's frame to allow the rear door to swing open when needed. My trailer tongue sits
high (23" level) I only need a 2" drop with my 6" lifted on 35s f150. Wife's grand Cherokee uses a 2.75' rise, so wouldn't think Id be needing a drop on the Bronco.
Yes, please don’t do something insane like using extensions. I use this hitch ball mount on my Jeep to clear the spare- should be similar clearance on a Bronco:

B6C3D4BA-1C37-4A6B-BD3E-2BDB80769C19.png

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, is the rear tailgate and hence the liftglass (if you had the top on) pretty much inaccessible with the trailer connected?
Great point. Totally would be inaccessible. Could make it a point to mount the spare on top of the camper for trips to make it easy but that’s a pain.
@Ford Motor Company here's where a separate rear spare tire carrier (bumper mounted) and a Drop Down Tailgate would work better. The spare tire swings on a much smaller ark, the rear glass could be opened (as it would seal to the outside of the tailgate instead of the inside like it currently does.... aka Jeep Copy) and the tailgate could remain closed or opened, as it would more than likely clear the front of the trailer or boat that was being towed.

Sorry for the rant....
now back to the regular conversation that this thread is about.....

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it has a 7-pin connection, that leads me to believe there is a brake controller connection somewhere under the dash.

Sponsored

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

every Ford truck / suv that I have bought with a tow package / 7pin has a plug for brake controller under the dash by the steering wheel.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't it take gas in order to restart it? Is it really saving you that much gas, or is it just a govt requirement nowadays?
No more gas that it idling for a second or two. Any amount of time not running will use less gas than running even at idle. Not government mandated. It is just the car company's choice as to how they will increase mileage and reduce emissions.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the pics, I hadn't thought about the spare interfering, I'll need to check that out.

Great looking rig BTW. Report back on highway manners when you can please.
A drawbar with a little more drop will solve the problem and work great as long as the trailer angle doesn't get ridiculous.

This is MUCH stronger than using an extension.
Sponsored