John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BlueBronco Just changed my reservation to the recommended dealer. The csr I was talking with mentioned they had been very popular lately.
I just switched. The one rep I talked to said he has done about 20 switches to here just this morning. Great work on getting this deal together.
Glad to have you two on board! And thank you for letting updating us on the dealer switch (y)
Sponsored

Reactions: cmb

cents_6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't switched my reservation over yet for two reasons:
1. I'm giving my originally chosen dealer a chance to beat the deal, since they are closest to me and I'll likely be using them for service in the future. Though it's been two days now and I haven't heard a peep from them yet!
2. I'm also waiting for the Build & Price tool to come out.

I was also hesitant because of the original "one time only" dealer switch, but since you're now allowed two switches, that helps!

Dorkv8er

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JK, '06 WK, '05 Ram, '78 280z, '67 Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20 switches, ehh? Seems like we have some slackers in the notification department. :sneaky:
I really only took notice because he actually said 19. Who is that specific when talking about the mundane, besides engineers?

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got mine switched over today you can add me to the list. This worked out really well since we are moving to the area next year. Will add I talked to the dealer for some additional info I wanted and both times they were very helpful. They new more about what was going on then pretty much any other dealer I had talked with.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think mostly the latter just because Ford is handcuffing us to a single dealer switch.

I'm not trying to imply that our dealer partner is unscrupulous and would renege on the agreement, but I think most of us would have wanted something signed if we had come to an agreement with a dealer on our own. I am also not a lawyer so don't know if the typed email signature is a problem or can just be interpreted as an electronic signature ?‍♂
Hi,

Let me assuage your concerns.

In the State of Texas, the email address from which the email is sent acts as an electronic signature.

The Uniform Law Commission drafted the model form of the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act. The model legislation has been adopted by 47 states, including Texas, as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Illinois, New York and Washington have their own alternative statutes addressing electronic transactions.

But we're dealing specifically with Texas, and we have a set precedent.

per.
Brief for Plaintiff, Khoury v. PBT Capital Partners LLC, No. 201201491, 2012 WL 5350314 (Tex. Dist. Oct. 17, 2012).

Upheld per.
Khoury v. Tomlinson, 518 S.W.3d 568 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2017, no pet. h.).

The Court of Appeals for the First District of Texas reversed a trial court and held that an email exchange constituted a signed legally enforceable contract. The case involved a commercial dispute between the appellee, Prentis Tomlinson, the president and CEO of PetroGulf Ltd., and the appellant, John Khoury, an investor.
If the dealership issued a contract via email, the business or personal email of sender acts as the signature and no hard copy documents are required.

No physical signature is required, by law, to enact a legally binding electronic contract.

Hope that helps ease your concerns.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Let me assuage your concerns.

In the State of Texas, the email address from which the email is sent acts as an electronic signature.

The Uniform Law Commission drafted the model form of the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act. The model legislation has been adopted by 47 states, including Texas, as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Illinois, New York and Washington have their own alternative statutes addressing electronic transactions.

But we're dealing specifically with Texas, and we have a set precedent.

If the dealership issued a contract via email, the business or personal email of sender acts as the signature and no hard copy documents are required.

No physical signature is required, by law, to enact a legally binding electronic contract.

Hope that helps ease your concerns.
Jim Adler the Texas Hammer! Is that you?

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just switched over. She said they had 23 others today.
I am shocked at how many people have swapped. I think we had tons of lurkers that didn't post anything prior to the deal post. I also wonder if the information was posted elsewhere off Bronco6G.

Edit: Not that it is a bad thing, but you all better have a post 7/31 reservation date :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cappy thank you! That is good to know, really appreciate you taking the time to respond so thoroughly.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I was one of those that switched today!

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am shocked at how many people have swapped. I think we had tons of lurkers that didn't post anything prior to the deal post. I also wonder if the information was posted elsewhere off Bronco6G.

Edit: Not that it is a bad thing, but you all better have a post 7/31 reservation date :ROFLMAO:
As I stated earlier, we had 400+ fill out our Purchasing Survey. As of the offer going live on Friday, I have had 100+ people message me asking for information on the offer. However, interest doesn't necessarily convert to a switch. I pop over to BN every now and again and do a quick Texas search but that place is a ghost town and no mention of the offer. I am not on social media so I do not know if anything leaked on FB or Insta. Still only tracking about a third of the actual participants who switched.