BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting? or is that a way to let some of us no we are out of the group? JK (I hope)
I hate to be the one to break this to you but, we are still waiting. I messaged Admin to help us come up with a solution (giant private message, closed club, etc) and we are determining what will work best.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Jeeps, their version of the MIC and the painted tops are made out of different materials. The painted top has a more body like finish and feel where as the molded top looks like a piece of molded plastic. Again, this is for the Jeeps. Take a trip to your local Jeep dealer to get a better understanding.

As far as function, from what I gather, they both have the same amount of removal top pieces. But with the modular, the rear windows pop out. If somebody has more information about this post up.

Personally, I like the durability of the MIC top. A painted top just doesn't seem it will handle the abuse of taking the top on and off and on and of and on and off and will be prone to scratching in the garage and on the trail. Any Jeep guys in here have a painted top and care to comment? I think a better back-up plan would be soft top and then painted top. Just need to confirm that soft tops will have the wiring required for a hardtop.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep guy here I had a painted top on my JKU Rubicon, scratched very easy. I had to get a touch up paint pen for it just from taking it on and off in the garage with a hoist. Even just the littlest oops was a gouge into the paint. If your using your top on and going down trails expect trail rash all down the side of it. In the Jeep community scratches are a badge of honor I'm not sure Bronco owners are going to share that same enthusiasm for messing up your ride lol.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting my fenders Line-X. An option as well for the top, something I’ve considered doing if I Line-X the entire truck. A thought I had when originally seeking a Rubicon.

Don’t want a soft top because I prefer the clean look of the hard top when removed. Used to take the rails off my YJ and just run with a bikini top.

Just thinking that with a premium price the option for painted should have been offered from the start.

Thought the MIC top didn’t have the flexibility of the modular. Besides the rear window popping out and replacing with a solid which I do like.

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Texas Buyers Group private thread for all those that made the switch to our dealership will be coming soon so be sure to check your alerts.

If you made the switch let us know so we can include you in the new thread and keep you updated. If you commented here about switching or in a private message we got you down.

Sponsored

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Texas Buyers Group private thread for all those that made the switch to our dealership will be coming soon so be sure to check your alerts.

If you made the switch let us know so we can include you in the new thread and keep you updated. If you commented here about switching or in a private message we got you down.
I made the switch.

Agjake11

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2020 Expedition Max, 2020 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

still waiting on response from the dealer after a few email attempts ?‍♂

Sponsored

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I made the switch too... several week ago.

Speaking of... has anybody received their $100 refund from the original dealer? I haven’t yet. The woman at Ford who made the switch for me told me it would come automatically, so I been waiting patiently. Starting to feel like it ain’t coming.

What about y’all? Did you have to reach out to the original dealer and ask (errr beg) for it?

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the switch too... several week ago.

Speaking of... has anybody received their $100 refund from the original dealer? I haven’t yet. The woman at Ford who made the switch for me told me it would come automatically, so I been waiting patiently. Starting to feel like it ain’t coming.

What about y’all? Did you have to reach out to the original dealer and ask (errr beg) for it?
Received my refunds within a few days

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my refund. Not sure if the new dealer has taken their 100 yet.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my refund. Not sure if the new dealer has taken their 100 yet.
According to Ford, when I switched they won't take the $100 again, and you keep your place in line.

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Got mine the same day
Sponsored