Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Today in PA we have gotten 10" of snow and it has turned to sleet. Our Homes are setup for this though, so it's no big deal.
Texas is one of those areas that seems to constantly get hammered by Mother Nature.
Katrina, Rita, to name 2 huge storms but more in between then and now and now this.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

House in my neighborhood that had a busted pipe.

Resized_Screenshot_20210217-190624_Facebook.jpg
Thatā€™s tough. Iā€™m sure drywall and many of the construction materials will be tough to find and carpenters/plumbers will be overextended.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today in PA we have gotten 10" of snow and it has turned to sleet. Our Homes are setup for this though, so it's no big deal.
Texas is one of those areas that seems to constantly get hammered by Mother Nature.
Katrina, Rita, to name 2 huge storms but more in between then and now and now this.
I donā€™t know for a fact, but it is my understanding that us Texans have higher insurance rates than most, due to our extreme weather.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a POS, will only run intermittently. I need to take it part and find out why.

Got it here <-
Mine ( I mean my kids) was doing the same thing on the snow.

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210215_153028

Not going to lie. Might be pushing it to the limits to kill it so I can transplant body to better chassis.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t know for a fact, but it is my understanding that us Texans have higher insurance rates than most, due to our extreme weather.
It would make sense due to how often you need it.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After two days of no hot water I thawed out my tankless water heater uninsulated inlet valve with a floor heater. Now we Texans learn about heater wrap cords.
Is your tankless water heater seriously on the outside of your house?? Who thought that was a good idea and I am surprised that it is allowed by building code. Although, looking at the exhaust, that model is most certainly not made to be installed inside. I installed mine right next to my gas furnace. The first one I bought required stainless steel duct for the intake/exhaust but I quickly returned that one and found one where I could use schedule 40 pvc pipe instead.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine ( I mean my kids) was doing the same thing on the snow.

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210215_153028

Not going to lie. Might be pushing it to the limits to kill it so I can transplant body to better chassis.
Does yours cut in out? I can't get mine to drive more than 10 seconds, need to take it apart.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does yours cut in out? I can't get mine to drive more than 10 seconds, need to take it apart.
As soon as I got it in the snow it would cut out. After about 10 mins of trying, I brought it inside to completely drive out. Haven't tried it since to see if the cut out still persists.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is your tankless water heater seriously on the outside of your house?? Who thought that was a good idea and I am surprised that it is allowed by building code. Although, looking at the exhaust, that model is most certainly not made to be installed inside. I installed mine right next to my gas furnace. The first one I bought required stainless steel duct for the intake/exhaust but I quickly returned that one and found one where I could use schedule 40 pvc pipe instead.
Yes, with our building boom in the northern cities, north and south of the 380, this is standard practice now. I'm sure the building code departments said, "if power plants and water facilities don't need to winterize, why should homeowners?". šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

So you can see in the photo below I added some insulation to the uninsulated valves. Next, I'm ordering one of the Automatic Electric Heat Cables and some Foam Pipe Wrap Insulation Tape to wrap the valves and pipes in the cabinet.

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210218_092336

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 81B1z5qz52L._AC_SL1500_

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't looked at the numbers yet but it looks like parts of Texas have had more snow this week than I have had here in Manitoba all winter. It's been a strange winter here due to the lack of snow.

I see how storms here can cripple areas up here. It's crazy to think about how much snow the south has had with no way to prepare or deal with it.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After seeing so many pics like this from around Central Texas, I have never been so happy to have a single story house with no water pipes running in a ceiling or attic.

The destruction that has been caused, and still to come, is going to be astronomical and devastating.
Most newer homes are built with Pex plumbing pipe which is run through the attic, like my 2017 single story home.

I have a high/low memory thermometer in my attic, it hit 16 degrees this week. Even though the Pex has insulation on it my laundry room and one of the bathroom toilet pipes froze. I discovered the good thing about Pex pipe is since it is a flexible plastic it can help to avoid bursting.

Last edited:

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most newer homes are built with Pex plumbing pipe which is run through the attic, like my 2017 single story home.

I have a high/low memory thermometer in my attic, it hit 16 degrees this week. Even though the Pex has insulation on it my laundry room and one bathroom toilet pipes froze. I discovered the good thing about Pex pipe is since it is a flexible plastic it can help to avoid bursting.
I just heard this morning someone on the news or radio mentioning that flexible Pex piping. So yeah hopefully that will be a saving grace for many.

I went 48 hrs with no heat and no end in sight. So Tuesday the roads were good enough I could trek to my parents that had heat, power, and water. Was able to go back to my house today just to check on things, and had power but little to no water pressure. Everything was still dripping though.

Hopefully there is only one more night of this shit for us to make it through. But then the true test, what happens when everything thaws... šŸ¤ž

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've heard in some areas will have water issues due to all of the burst pipes.

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm presuming the Zoombie Apocalypse is when the undead have video chats and put cat heads and stuff over their images. :ROFLMAO:
With my Zoombie Outbreak Response Bronco, I'd see those Cat Heads etc on my Sync video chat screen onboard and I'd have to bail-out. I'd rather take my chances with Zoombies.
Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY IMG_2540
Sponsored