Sponsored

Texas volume order start up thread: survey link now included!

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just talked to Grapevine Ford. The salesman didn't seem very knowledgsble but he did say they would put on their standard dealer add ons (warranty on window tint and anti theft system). I asked if they'd bypass that if we requested. He said they could be removed but the charge would still apply. Lol. I'll definitely be changing my reservation to another dealership.
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just talked to Grapevine Ford. The salesman didn't seem very knowledgsble but he did say they would put on their standard dealer add ons (warranty on window tint and anti theft system). I asked if they'd bypass that if we requested. He said they could be removed but the charge would still apply. Lol. I'll definitely be changing my reservation to another dealership.
I would hold off on switching just yet; there are some people here behind the scenes that will be reaching out to the big TX dealers.

OP
OP
Foordbrawnco

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, like @BroncoHooves said, there are a few of us working together right now devising a plan to reach out to dealerships for everybody on the list. We will know more once Ford drops the build & price configurator. No one will be left behind!

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly if you’re in Missouri, your best bet would probably be to switch to Granger Ford. They are in Iowa and would be closer to you. They have already stated $1000 below invoice and an extra $300 off for x plan. But if your wish is to order in Texas, I could certainly add you to our list (y)
Im in Austin, but I could easily make that trip and have fun with it. Just trying to see what the best deal is.

OP
OP
Foordbrawnco

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in Austin, but I could easily make that trip and have fun with it. Just trying to see what the best deal is.
I’m sorry, I thought you said something about driving from Missouri. You are added to the list (y)

Sponsored

Abishek

First Edition
First Name
Abishek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 C8 Corvette, 1976 Jeep CJ5, 1967 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would like to be added to the list! From Dallas, but willing to travel anywhere in the state.

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please add me to this list. I’m in Conroe but can travel pretty much anywhere if the money makes sense. And I’m absolutely not paying $500 for nitrogen in the tires.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please add me to this list. I’m in Conroe but can travel pretty much anywhere if the money makes sense. And I’m absolutely not paying $500 for nitrogen in the tires.
Yep, I can get 300cf of Nitrogen for $18 lol. Why would I want to pay a dealer for that? ?

Sponsored

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This will be a little long but it’s a funny story so I’m gonna tell it.

In 1977 I’m a junior in high school and working at a full service Exxon gas station. For our younger (and not so younger) members, this is not long after the Arab oil embargo during and after which every manufacturer of anything having anything to do with a car claimed that their product resulted in improved gas mileage. For reference this is the first time gas went over $1 a gallon and everyone was completely freaked out.

The station I worked at was right at the entrance to a very new and affluent development and many of our customers were employees of Exxon or their family members. The reason we knew that was because their Exxon credit cards all started with the numbers 151, which the owner of the station was quick to point out when you were hired.

So...smoking hot arm candy comes in driving a new Cadillac with paper plates. My coworker looks at me and says those words that we all know and cringe at; “Watch this”. He then proceeds to explain that her left rear tire is 5 lbs low and asks if she would like us to put in regular air or new Exxon Super Premium air. She pulls out the owners manual and looks up tires but, or course, Exxon Super Premium air isn’t listed. She is perplexed. He explains that new Exxon Super Premium air is very new and probably had not been available when the owners manual was published. He tells her that it’s ok, we can just put regular air in and when she gets home she should ask her husband if he is using new Exxon Super Premium air and if so just bring it back and we’ll let out the regular air and put in new Exxon Super Premium air. “OK, I’ll ask him”

Now I have often wondered how that conversation went but here we are 43 years later and they really do market Super Premium air.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When you get serious about negotiation, never start a deal directly with a salesperson, start at the manager or fleet level and work up. Best to do most by email and phone to avoid a lot of games.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this effort doesn’t pan out, ATX buyers should start planning our caravan’s Iowa return route...!

** Edit to add: Seriously, can you picture the reactions as a group of brand spanking new broncos rolls through in a group like that? Damn!

Last edited:

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If this effort doesn’t pan out, ATX buyers should start planning our caravan’s Iowa return route...!
Maybe we can all get a group buy plane tickets at AUS airport ?

Book a whole plane! Bronco Airways! :cool:

Hedz_Up

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please add me as well. Have a reservation for a First Edition at AutoNation in Frisco.
Sponsored