Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
About 250 mile trip and about 19mpg at elevation with a 392 Wrangler. That's kind of impressive. If the "Warthog" gets a HO motor I wonder if it will compare.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if that's what Jeep is going to be hanging their hat on now...

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if that's what Jeep is going to be hanging their hat on now...
At a base price of $75K? Maybe, if their sales model transforms to sell fewer (many fewer) with much bigger profit margins. Personally I don't see that as a real sustainable model. I see the Hemi Wrangler being a halo model that those that can afford it are only too happy to get while the bulk of Wrangler sales will continue to be spread across the various options they currently offer. If that ends up being the real mileage number, or close to it, that's actually quite impressive - but it sure does put the pressure on Jeep to accelerate delivery of a new base motor that produces more power than that V6 and gets better mileage.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The tripe that big engines get poor MPG is sorely outdated in this day and time. This doesn’t surprise me, I routinely return 24-26 Highway on my 2017 5.3L 4x4 4 door WT which is better than the 2.7L F150 it replaced.

Yes a carbureted 360 attached to a 3 speed transmission with 3.08 gearing is going to suck gas.

Those days are long gone, 6L+ engines are 20+HWY in anything less than 3/4 trucks today. It’s hard to fathom the rationale in using small engines anymore because there is next to no MPG gain when doing an apples to apples comparison.

Does the 392 even have cylinder deactivation the 5.7L has?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope people don't buy this thinking they'll see that MPG but once or twice a year, lol.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, the video points that out.
I just finished watching, It also has full time 4wd which I am a big fan of, I wish the Bronco offered that option.

Damn you Jeep quality, that would be the easiest purchase of my life if I thought it was even semi reliable. Watching my brothers friend take his 2.0T Wrangler in and out of the shop every couple months has destroyed any chance of me making that purchase.
Sponsored