First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree with you, but the EV guys will die on their hill, data be dammed.
That’s funny because it actually did die on that hill didn’t last long at all 3 miles might as well be a paperweight Good thing it’s got a real engine
Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As he said I am a little concerned about a lot of people using that on trails like Black Bear pass. Locking one side sends twice the wheel speed to the outer wheel due to the differential. Taking the fact that its radius of travel is a lot shorter than the front wheels that rear wheel is spinning 3.5x faster than the front. Place like black bear pass that will dig the downhill side. Now imaging 40+ rigs a day doing it. I would be curious for them to do a test and run the same turn 10 or 20 times to see what happens. Also not to mention you have to have 100% faith that it will work. If the ABS faults in the middle it would unlock that inner wheel sending you possible death.
Yeah, not sure I'd have the nerve to be using that one on BB switchbacks. It seems fairly gimmicky so far, but I'd like to see some more people proving me wrong on that one.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty damn good for an IFS if you ask me. As a former Tacoma guy I’m stoked. I’ve also driven this trail so I get it. It changes from season to season but per my memory the hardest spot is that big Boulder right at the start. After that spot there’s no need for lockers. My buddies 4Runner made it through just fine with open diffs. (Both vehicles were lifted on 34’s & fully armored)
Ford Bronco TFL: 2021 Bronco vs Wrangler vs Defender - Off-Road Trail Comparison Video A517534B-3ADA-49B6-8650-75C0AF72ABC8

Last edited:
OP
OP
bdub2you

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah those are fantastic! Any more that you like? I’ve seen a couple more that seem interesting but I haven’t got addicted to them. I hear the lite brite one can be good
As far as off road stuff or youtube channels in general? I subscribe to a lot of adventure video channels too (e.g. Sailing SV Delos is one of my favorite, especially their pre-baby earlier adventures around the world with a bunch of friends).

As far as off-roading:
Epic Family Road Trip (fantastic channel, one of my all time favorites)
Lite Brite (love their energy but a lot of their content is jeep specific so skip a lot of videos)
4WD 24/7 (great off road adventure channel in Australia)
Overland Lady (high quality content from a lady in Canada)
Marco A Hernandez (check into the channel every once in while to look for new recipes).

Sponsored

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Luckily the LCA is strong and can take a hit but as others have noticed it’s definitely a magnet for rocks and debris. I’m wondering if Ford will redesign it in the next iteration.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
(whispers quietly so not everyone hears) "just add the 35's to the Badlands, wheel travel is king"
A badlands with 35’s on it would have much less wheel travel than a SAS badlands, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not trying to hurt them lol I choose not to support their content.

My favs are TrailRecon and MattsOffroadRecovery
We all have our favorites I don’t think anyone really gives a rats behind what mine are. Does that tell you anything I’m not trying to be a butt head ,but my point is there is a Lot of good content on YouTube and there is a lot of crap ,to each their own. And just in case anyone is really interested one of my favorites for off-road content and car content , that would beTFL. But I don’t think I win a prize.🤣

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah those are fantastic! Any more that you like? I’ve seen a couple more that seem interesting but I haven’t got addicted to them. I hear the lite brite one can be good
4WD 24-7 is the best off-roading channel on YouTube if you ask me!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A badlands with 35’s on it would have much less wheel travel than a SAS badlands, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.
They are the same suspension aside from the Squatch version of HOSS having slight additional lift from the coil over and slight reduction of stroke length, which means less wheel travel. This has been well documented in other threads, not to mention various non-sas badlands have already been shown with 35's including Fords own overland demo. If you are okay with the added hassle of getting the right offset (if that is even needed, it may not be depending on the tire) you will get more wheel travel with the Badlands.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They are the same suspension aside from the Squatch version of HOSS having slight additional lift from the coil over and slight reduction of stroke length, which means less wheel travel. This has been well documented in other threads, not to mention various non-sas badlands have already been shown with 35's including Fords own overland demo. If you are okay with the added hassle of getting the right offset (if that is even needed, it may not be depending on the tire) you will get more wheel travel with the Badlands.
If SAS needs additional lift over BL to fit the 315’s, there’s no way you can put 35’s on a regular BL and still have more wheel travel than a SAS.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We all have our favorites I don’t think anyone really gives a rats behind what mine are. Does that tell you anything I’m not trying to be a butt head ,but my point is there is a Lot of good content on YouTube and there is a lot of crap ,to each their own. And just in case anyone is really interested one of my favorites for off-road content and car content , that would beTFL. But I don’t think I win a prize.🤣
I give a rats ass. That is the whole point of Forums. :) Love finding new content.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If SAS needs additional lift over BL to fit the 315’s, there’s no way you can put 35’s on a regular BL and still have more wheel travel than a SAS.
See above comments, it all has to do with conservative wheel package and the dynamic clearances they have to meet. The rebound travel is the same in either case, the badlands just runs more jounce travel which can be translated as "35's would get closer than 25mm something at full jounce". No outright guarantee of rub, and that something could be as simple as removable flares, or simply the wheel liners. I don't know.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as off road stuff or youtube channels in general? I subscribe to a lot of adventure video channels too (e.g. Sailing SV Delos is one of my favorite, especially their pre-baby earlier adventures around the world with a bunch of friends).

As far as off-roading:
Epic Family Road Trip (fantastic channel, one of my all time favorites)
Lite Brite (love their energy but a lot of their content is jeep specific so skip a lot of videos)
4WD 24/7 (great off road adventure channel in Australia)
Overland Lady (high quality content from a lady in Canada)
Marco A Hernandez (check into the channel every once in while to look for new recipes).
Thank you! I will check some of these out! 😎
Sponsored