Sponsored

TFL and 5 Star Tuning saying should be able to get 500+ HP out of the Bronco 2.7L

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 2:01 mark they state the turbos are CRP stage 2 units.
Thank you! Definitely missed that!

Yeah that makes a BIG difference in the cost. These seem like reasonable numbers??

$500 for a cold air intake
$1000 AMS Intercooler
$1650 for CRP Stage 2 turbos (if you send yours in)
$500 for water / meth injection
$1000 for a high flow cat downpipe
$500 for a tune
$850 installation of parts

$6000 Total
Sponsored

Last edited:

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More power is always good;)

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is EXACTALLY why I am buying the 2.3
More simple - 1 turbo = more reliability
5 Star can make the 2.3 more powerful than I need + everything in between.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parts: ~$5000

S&B CAI $329
AMS Intercooler $904
SNO-210 Water Meth Kit $441
CRP Stage 2 Turbos $3025 (-$500 core charge)
SPD Downpipe $600
DW400 Fuel Pump $279

Tuning: ~$1100

Dyno: $500
Tuner $600

Installation: ~$???

Total: $7Kish...

Talked to Five Star. With a list of caveats (will parts be priced about the same as F150 stuff?, will they not be a nightmare to install?, etc) this a decent ish BALLPARK. Subtract $1000 if you don't mind waiting to have your turbos modified (no clue how long that takes).

Last edited:

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm definitely interested in making more power on the 2.7tt. Nothing wrong with having a fast off roader, and it would be one heck of a sleeper. I'll probably just stick with Intake, downpipes, maybe intercooler and a mild tune. This is going to be my daily and it needs to be reliable and last awhile.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a tune alone, I'd bet that 375HP is easily achievable. Fusion Sport (2.7TT) wakes up nicely with a tune only, I can't see why the Bronco wouldn't realize similar benefits.

Off topic, but kinda related - I hope the Warthog is equipped with the newer 3.0TT. That motor starts at 400Hp in other platforms.
What order do you go in or can you go in?
Or do u have to do tune, exhaust, intake and everything all at once?

craigaria

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do the tune first.
The tune will give you plenty of power by itself. Unless you are trying to squeeze every last drop of hp out of this engine, no need for all the other mods

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do the tune first.
The tune will give you plenty of power by itself. Unless you are trying to squeeze every last drop of hp out of this engine, no need for all the other mods
This. It may be all you want, but you’ll likely pay for follow-on tunes once you upgrade FMIC, exhaust, etc....

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What order do you go in or can you go in?
Or do u have to do tune, exhaust, intake and everything all at once?
Tune is a minimum but remember when you add a component you need to tune again for the changed components. An example is changing out the downpipe which runs from the turbos to the mid pipe. It’s where the cats live and a flow change there means re tuning for the increased flow. Its cheaper in the long run to add all of the components you intend to add and tune once. If you can’t afford it all at once then buy components as you can and wait to add them all at once. If you can’t wait then just do a tune then buy all of the components over time and do a final tune with all of the components installed. That happens quite a bit and limits the tuning cost to two times. It tends to happen when someone dips their toe into the tuning world to get a little bump in power. They get addicted to the added power and want more so the add on components come.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tune is a minimum but remember when you add a component you need to tune again for the changed components. An example is changing out the downpipe which runs from the turbos to the mid pipe. It’s where the cats live and a flow change there means re tuning for the increased flow. Its cheaper in the long run to add all of the components you intend to add and tune once. If you can’t afford it all at once then buy components as you can and wait to add them all at once. If you can’t wait then just do a tune then buy all of the components over time and do a final tune with all of the components installed. That happens quite a bit and limits the tuning cost to two times. It tends to happen when someone dips their toe into the tuning world to get a little bump in power. They get addicted to the added power and want more so the add on components come.
^ this

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say add the parts as you go:

Cold Air Intake
High flow Downpipes

These help the engine "breathe" better which means you can add more fuel since you are working with more air.

The engine computer will do some adaptation for you so not getting a tune right away isn't the worst thing you just won't get the full potential.

Then you can add the:

Bigger Intercooler
Stage 3 Turbos

But at this point I would get a tune because you really aren't getting what you can out of those parts.

I know me. If I start down this road I'm going to do the whole shebang so better for me to just do it once and be done with it.

Also I'm willing to go to the trouble of filling it with E50 so the fuel pump is a must have and I really like the extra cooling and additional octane boost from the water/meth injection.

Last edited:

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the camp of a 5 Star 93 octane tune being enough for me.

I recently traded a 5 Star tuned 2018 KR 150 that had been tuned for 50K without tune issues and my 2021 Expedition will be tuned as soon as it reaches 3000 miles.

I'm looking forward to buying a four-door Outer Banks model for my wife.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say add the parts as you go:

Cold Air Intake
High flow Downpipes

These help the engine "breathe" better which means you can add more fuel since you are working with more air.

The engine computer will do some adaptation for you so not getting a tune right away isn't the worst thing you just won't get the full potential.

Then you can add the:

Bigger Intercooler
Stage 3 Turbos

But at this point I would get a tune because you really aren't getting what you can out of those parts.

I know me. If I start down this road I'm going to do the whole shebang so better for me to just do it once and be done with it.

Also I'm willing to go to the trouble of filling it with E50 so the fuel pump is a must have and I really like the extra cooling and additional octane boost from the water/meth injection.
You can’t add any of those components first without a tune

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs