Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Defender seems a bit tipsy without discos just sayin.
Yeah, I would not be doing that, and would have very little confidence.

Overall - the Bronco is really capable out of the box.

Last edited:

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't get me wrong, it is a neat video, but I don't understand the point. A bone stock Bronco vs heavily modifed rigs whose MSRP starts at $20k higher than the Bronco? Both the Defender and the Jeep are >$100k as tested. The Jeep was sitting on 40" tires. Honestly, I would find it much more useful to see how a stock Sasquatch compares to a STOCK Rubicon(perhaps with 35s added to make clearance fair).

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice job TFL. The review is good, but I think it would be even more compelling if it had the entire trip on all three from the garage at home. That’s how it will be used in real life by most folks. When you combine the daily drivability and comfort on pavement with the offroad capability it is a complete package. I still can’t believe how impressed I was on the Off Rodeo. That is really the biggest achievement of the BRONCO design. It’s not a one trick pony. It does everything really well from the showroom. Pavement, high speed off road and low speed technical work. Despite having a modified F-150 I love the fact that I can pick up a BRONCO and not having to spend the next 6 months planning offroad upgrades. It will be the first off road vehicle I bought and leave stock.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't get me wrong, it is a neat video, but I don't understand the point. A bone stock Bronco vs heavily modifed rigs whose MSRP starts at $20k higher than the Bronco? Both the Defender and the Jeep are >$100k as tested. The Jeep was sitting on 40" tires. Honestly, I would find it much more useful to see how a stock Sasquatch compares to a STOCK Rubicon(perhaps with 35s added to make clearance fair).
Number one reason: it's just fun.
But also, you're not going to be out wheeling with people in identical rigs. Some will be more capable and some less. This is what it's like in a group on the trails. Part of being a good, experienced wheelman is watching a better rig do something and not being "ego'd" into it yourself. Tommy did the right thing by skipping the V-notch and it's a great lesson to all who'd venture into the wild - know when to say 'pass'

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They already tested against a stock Rubicon in an earlier video. In that video, the stock Defender got two flats, so people said that they should compare the Bronco to the Defender on proper off road tires. Hence, this video. It just so happens, the owner of the Defender with proper off road tires, also has a Rubicon 392, and a son to drive it, so it tagged along as well.

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In this thread: the defender isn’t rigged right, it’s not fair. The wrangler isn’t rigged right, it’s not fair. The bronco has articulation too guys believe me it’s there! TFL sucks they’re such biased jeep fanboys ugh.

Also I haven’t had a chance to watch the video so I’m just shooting the dark here but I would say the bronco wins it hands down cause it’s clearly the GOAT.
Get it? GOAT? Cause it has GOAT modes?

I’ll see myself out now.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In this thread: the defender isn’t rigged right, it’s not fair. The wrangler isn’t rigged right, it’s not fair. The bronco has articulation too guys believe me it’s there! TFL sucks they’re such biased jeep fanboys ugh.

Also I haven’t had a chance to watch the video so I’m just shooting the dark here but I would say the bronco wins it hands down cause it’s clearly the GOAT.
Get it? GOAT? Cause it has GOAT modes?

I’ll see myself out now.
It's pretty rude to insult the content before watching it. However, since your mind is already made up about the presenters, (Deleted due to misreading midwestpilot's post)

For the TFL haters, maybe just mute the video, put on your favourite song, and enjoy the visuals of the Bronco taking on a nice Colorado trail.

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great real world video.
Awesome job Tommy @TFLtruck
The bronco with Sasquatch is a beast out of the gate.
The base with Sasquatch at $38k is the best deal around.
4X more capable than a similar priced Jeep.
Unfortunately you can’t go buy one. So as of today it’s a fantasy.
But I’m in for the wait.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's pretty rude to insult the content before watching it. However, since your mind is already made up about the presenters, maybe just mute the video, put on your favourite song, and enjoy the visuals of the Bronco taking on a nice Colorado trail.
Ford Bronco [TFL] Can a Sasquatch Bronco Keep Up With a Modded Wrangler & Defender When It Gets Serious Off-Road? 34xi2xw

Sponsored

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty rude to insult the content before watching it. However, since your mind is already made up about the presenters, maybe just mute the video, put on your favourite song, and enjoy the visuals of the Bronco taking on a nice Colorado trail.
Um, I’m making fun of the people on this forum not TFL haha. It doesn’t matter the content they always have an opinion.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent video. It's not about fair...it's about 3 very different vehicles going off-road and showing the various capabilities. I loved it.

If you love off-roading, you can love and appreciate all different rides and their mods. Go out on some tough trails and you will see how different each vehicle is set up. It's obvious how much fun they all had. I too would have had a blast out there!

Well done TFL!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like 33's and a 2 inch lift on a badlands would be money...
Ford Bronco [TFL] Can a Sasquatch Bronco Keep Up With a Modded Wrangler & Defender When It Gets Serious Off-Road? money-make-it-rain

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I like about this video is how well it highlights the value of different mods. Many Bronco owners (not me) want to tackle trails like this. They now see they’ll need at least a 2” lift and maybe 37s to take that hard line at the end.

We now have two real world rock crawling comp videos with 4 different combos versus a Badlands SAS factory stocked. i have to say, the articulation of the Bronco looked a lot better on this test than the last one. Will be interesting to see it after a big lift.