Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent video. It's not about fair...it's about 3 very different vehicles going off-road and showing the various capabilities. I loved it.

If you love off-roading, you can love and appreciate all different rides and their mods. Go out on some tough trails and you will see how different each vehicle is set up. It's obvious how much fun they all had. I too would have had a blast out there!

Well done TFL!
I also appreciated that in their articulation test... The bronco along with the Jeep on 39's didn't lift a wheel.... the defender was a teeter-tooter lol
Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re not going to encounter “fair” pairings out on the trail. Take this video for what it is — fun. I appreciate that these guys mix it up. If you want fair matchups, go watch NASCAR, where there isn’t any difference between cars.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So the Bronco went everywhere the heavily modified Jeep & Defender went. Granted, the Bronco did not try that 1st major obstacle ... the Defender tried but failed. Out of pride, the Father went back with his son's Jeep. Did you notice how he took a different line and finally made it up?

This is a BIG WIN for the stock Bronco, it is on par with not 1 but 2 100K vehicles.

TFL now needs to lift the Bronco with coil-overs and run 37s and see if more clearance makes it more potent.

BTW, it is easy to wheel hard when you have deep pockets

Last edited:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice review. Thanks for sharing. The stock Bronco more than held it's own against a couple of heavily modified competitors.

Sponsored

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I like about this video is how well it highlights the value of different mods. Many Bronco owners (not me) want to tackle trails like this. They now see they’ll need at least a 2” lift and maybe 37s to take that hard line at the end.

We now have two real world rock crawling comp videos with 4 different combos versus a Badlands SAS factory stocked. i have to say, the articulation of the Bronco looked a lot better on this test than the last one. Will be interesting to see it after a big lift.

Same and it also allows someone like me who doesn't want to mod their Bronco for a bit that you'll have a capable vehicle from the factory but here are your limits

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Bronco went everywhere the heavily modified Jeep & Defender went. Granted, the Bronco did not try that 1st major obstacle ... the Defender tried but failed. Out of pride, the Father went back with his son Jeep. Did you notice how he took a different line and finally made it up?

This is a BIG WIN for the stock Bronco, it was on par with not 1 but 2 100K vehicles.

TFL now needs to lift the Bronco with coil-overs and run 37s and see if more clearance makes it more potent.

BTW, it is easy to wheel hard when you have deep pockets
Exactly - that is the main takeaway. Plus the Jeep didn't do the 1st major obstacle either. He went up the easier way so he could put a strap on the Defender. They also watched 2 other heavily modded Jeeps try and back down. Finally, the Bronco is half the price of either one of those after the mods. Great comparison over-all and a great showing by a stock Bronco.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not their defender - it's a HEAVILY modified one. I personally would never wheel a ~100K vehicle, but kudos to that guy for actually wheeling his rig.

Wish they would have sent the Bronco up the v-notch, but can't fault Tommy after seeing how tippy the LR got.
How heavily modified is the Defender? It looks like they added the rock sliders, did the conversion for 18-inch wheels, and put a lift on. That's about $4600 extra, plus whatever tires you choose.

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched it, now debating a coil over 2” with 37s as if I would ever actually use them.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fun video to watch. All three are impressive.

Boy oh boy, that modded Wrangler 392 looked like a ton of fun. Maybe I’ll sell the house. Can 3 people sleep in a Wrangler? #How2TelltheWife?

The Bronco did great, looked awesome, is stock, and probably cost about 50% less then the others as they rolled through the obstacles. Bronco = impressive.

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How heavily modified is the Defender? It looks like they added the rock sliders, did the conversion for 18-inch wheels, and put a lift on. That's about $4600 extra, plus whatever tires you choose.
Sliders, custom fabricated 4" lift before the air suspension can bump it up, wheels, sub frame lift, radiator relocation to fit the 35s, custom exhaust for sub frame lift, brake conversion kit to fit 18s.

Point is the LR was never intended to be lifted or fit 35s, and it's not easy to lift and retain a car with air suspension.

Full break down is here. They said 14-15K installed, 100-105K out the door from the dealer.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
TFL video on the defender

Sponsored