Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Timing is not a superficial factor, rendering your whole strawman argument moot. Unless you are immortal?

You are also saying that this video is something it's not. It's not a strictly 'which car is better' video. It's literally 'Do I personally regret buying my Jeep' video, and in that context a year+ additional wait time is absolutely a relevent and non-superficial factor.
It's only superficial if you're not prepared for it. He had preexisting knowledge that the Bronco was going to take longer.

If he had learned about the Bronco the same day as he was going to order his Jeep it would be a different story.

If the salesman was like, "The Jeep will be here in 8 weeks, but you'll have to wait four months for the Bronco...", then it becomes a valid point of comparison. Because he did get the Bronco 4 months after he got his jeep. NOT A YEAR.

His complaint is that he had to wait a year for Bronco and his jeep only took 8 weeks. In reality, he only waited four months longer to get the Bronco.

And four months isn't that long.

I never said his video was a "which car is better video". I said he was being disingenuous and strawmaning. And I stand by that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some decisions involve 'preferences'; others involve deal killers:
  • No air circulation in rear seats
  • MIC top a fucking disaster
  • No 2-door soft top option
  • Engine sounds like a Cuisinart
Many guys grow up aspiring to own a Wrangler. Bronco's advantages on the margins probably won't sway many of them.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's only superficial if you're not prepared for it. He had preexisting knowledge that the Bronco was going to take longer.

If he had learned about the Bronco the same day as he was going to order his Jeep it would be a different story.

If the salesman was like, "The Jeep will be here in 8 weeks, but you'll have to wait four months for the Bronco...", then it becomes a valid point of comparison. Because he did get the Bronco 4 months after he got his jeep. NOT A YEAR.

His complaint is that he had to wait a year for Bronco and his jeep only took 8 weeks. In reality, he only waited four months longer to get the Bronco.

And four months isn't that long.
Now you are the one making up a hypothetical situation and arguing against that. I can't understand why you care so much to twist logic around like this.

You are obviously willing to die on this hill so you do you, like I said earlier I do not care about TFL or their personal decisions to buy their personal vehicles lol. Your arguments here are irrational and fallacious though.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some decisions involve 'preferences'; others involve deal killers:
  • No air circulation in rear seats
  • MIC top a fucking disaster
  • No 2-door soft top option
  • Engine sounds like a Cuisinart
Many guys grow up aspiring to own a Wrangler. Bronco's advantages on the margins probably won't sway many of them.
@Carolina Jim - Well, when you're right, you're right.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Initially there were several comments about the weakness of the rear air conditioning vents in the bronco by folks who assumed they would be inadequate. Now in the heat of the summer as many buyers are either testing or using purchased broncos, there are a majority of highly positive comments about the cooling in the bronco. Seems that the design deficiency has been debunked. But apparently his dog prefers the vents in the jeep. That must have been an interesting conversation. The last time I heard of an animal capable of conversation was Mr. Ed, the talking horse.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now you are the one making up a hypothetical situation and arguing against that. I can't understand why you care so much to twist logic around like this.

You are obviously willing to die on this hill so you do you, like I said earlier I do not care about TFL or their personal decisions to buy their personal vehicles lol. Your arguments here are irrational and fallacious though.
You realize you're defending someone that lied misrepresented the facts, he didn't wait a year between getting his Wrangler and his Bronco. He waited four months. I called bullshit on that lie and you want to argue semantics.

So, yeah, I'll defend my position.

Last edited:

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion this was the best head to head comparison video out there. He made a lot of good points about both vehicles. He seemed fair and contrast about the thinks he likes about the Jeep that other people may not (manual windows, basic sound system, size, etc.). The jeep definitely seems to fit his lifestyle a little bit better, but he openly admits that the bronco will fit other peoples lifestyle just as much.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has this channel not been around for a year or longer? Did they not know about the Bronco release and reservation at the same time we did? Why didn't they spend the measly $100 to reserve one a year ago instead complain about the wait after 160,000 orders had been placed? That's what confuses me.

KDR_83

Badlands
First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You realize you're defending someone that lied, he didn't wait a year between getting his Wrangler and his Bronco. He waited four months. I called bullshit on that lie and you want to argue semantics.

Someone that lied? Lol are you saying if he ordered a bronco in April he would not wait a year when people with Day 1 reservations from July 2020 don't even have their trucks?

The fanboy vibes you give off are very strong and imo weaken your whole argument.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone that lied? Lol are you saying if he ordered a bronco in April he would not wait a year when people with Day 1 reservations from July 2020 don't even have their trucks?

The fanboy vibes you give off are very strong and imo weaken your whole argument.
When they made the same video about the Land Rover over the bronco they brought up the delay in the reveal of the bronco as the reason they got the Land Rover instead. But in the same video they mention they ordered the Land Rover before the bronco reveal date had been delayed. That’s just the way tfl works some times.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn't reserve and wait. Full stop.

The Bronco they use in their videos was ordered and sold to them by a viewer of their channel. It's not their reservation or their order. They didn't wait on anything, to be frank.

And you're the one defending them, wouldn't that make you the fanboy?

Edit: Since you don't have a profile pic, I thought you were the other guy. Same point, just prescribed to the wrong person.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When they made the same video about the Land Rover over the bronco they brought up the delay in the reveal of the bronco as the reason they got the Land Rover instead. But in the same video they mention they ordered the Land Rover before the bronco reveal date had been delayed. That’s just the way tfl works some times.
We placed the order for that defender at the very end or June, about two weeks before bronco reservations opened up. To Land Rovers credit we took delivery on October 6, pandemic and all.

I appreciate the patience on this forum folks but it’s hard for me to express how many folks I’ve talked to in the last few weeks who were reservation holders but ended up in a 4runner, Wrangler, or Midsize truck (Colorado ZR2 or otherwise). It’s just a car to most, not a house….

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You realize you're defending someone that lied, he didn't wait a year between getting his Wrangler and his Bronco. He waited four months. I called bullshit on that lie and you want to argue semantics.

He never got a Bronco? The TFL company assumed a fully loaded First Edition reservation which is double Tommy’s budget.

Now you are comparing Tommy’s personal vehicle purchase that he saved the full cash amount for, with a vehicle the TFL company purchased for double his total budget.

Bro, you are way off the rails here

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unsubscribe.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, we all knew the Bronco was going to be about a year out from release, barring delays. The jeep has been on the market by itself for the last 25 years.

His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.

It's a strawman because he's using the production schedule instead of the actual vehicle as the basis of his argument.

The straw man fallacy. occurs in the following pattern of argument:
  1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the position of the argument.

In this case, he's claiming he doesn't regret buying the Bronco, but clearly, he does, as the Bronco is the better vehicle. However, he's asserting, i.e. strawmaning, that his position is that he had to wait for Bronco production.

Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.
savage steve harvey.gif
Sponsored