First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. I am sure it is regional. I have the Bronco reserved at invoice, giving me a $57k price on a loaded Badlands. A loaded JLUR local looks like I’d need to be prepared to pay $65k and immediately buy new wheels and tires. That’s if I stay local of course.
Mike at Mall of Georgia got me over 6% under invoice, but the best deals are for special orders
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mike at Mall of Georgia got me over 6% under invoice, but the best deals are for special orders
When did that happen though? The run up in prices seems fairly recent.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point is that he's being disingenuous to save face.
Tommy seems pretty genuine to be, and I thought it was a balanced review of the relative pros and cons of each. I also believe he bought the Willys AFTER attending the Off-Roadeo.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Tommy's comparison was fair. I have Gladiator now and all his points comparing the two are valid.

My hardtop blows away the Bronco hardtop. It looks way better, simpler in design, and functions perfectly. I have taken the top and panels off many times. No noise issues. Fit and finish are fantastic. The Bronco MIC is a total turd sandwich. It looks cheap and thin, the sound deadening is a joke. It looks like felt carpet and it sheds.

The Gladiator cools off the back passengers just fine. I am really worried about the Bronco not doing the same. My 4Runner had crappy cooling in the rear, and the kids hated it. Part of cooling off is air blowing on you. Just turn your AC on high then point the vents away from you. It is nowhere close to the same feeling. it gets to 110 here in the summer. So it is a big deal for us.

The JLs and JTs drive great. I know everyone wants to poopoo all over the solid front axle, but it is well refined and the difference is marginal. I have 35s and regularly pull a 26ft travel trailer. I wouldn't do that if the truck felt unstable on the road.

My sound system rocks. I am worried the Bronco's will not.

Tommy's mentioning of the wait time is valid. He is speaking to someone looking at both vehicles. You can go get a Wrangler today, Bronco may be more than a year out if you order now. That is a valid argument.

Everyone wants Tommy to regret his choice and love the Bronco. He gave a fair review of the two and was still happy with his choice. People have to stop getting so butt hurt over Bronco reviews that are not all rainbows and sunshine.

To be honest, the major thing that keeps me leaning towards the Bronco, is the rear side air bags. I got kids and I don't like them not having the air bags. I still love a lot about it, but there seem to be some realities that are deflating my excitement.
Ford Bronco [TFL] Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? 26BoEyibl9KsN7Pws

How dare you be sensible!?!
This is a forum dammit!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t understand what you’re saying. His point is that he didn’t have to wait for the Jeep, and he would have to wait multiple years for a Bronco. That argument has plenty of wind.
That was enough for me. I envisioned August delivery and no build date yet.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '19 JLUR bought in January as a stop gap solution to have fun with until my Bronco Badlands order arrives. Only problem is that it replaced my wife's Forester, and she fell deeply in love w/ both the Jeep and the Jeep community. Yes, it drives like a truck, but really neither the ride nor steering is that bad if you drive it like it was intended to be driven (i.e. not a sports car). We have fast cars for when we want to drive fast.

My intention is to take delivery of the Bronco and sell the one we like less after having time in both. My wife really loves her Sky 1-touch top, so the Bronco will have to kick ass on many other fronts.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
listening to him stammer and awe shucks his way around saying the Jeep handles acceptably on the open road did me in. A good friend bought a brand new Jeep and did everything to it only to get rid of it a couple of months later as it was basically unbearable to drive on the freeway. Knocking the independent suspension on the Bronco while driving the vehicle that created the term Death Wobble is a complete joke.
*I give 100% credit to the rear air vents. Foolish of Ford and next to the Hard Top mess, may be the biggest knock. I also will be replacing my dash speakers and be fine audio wise.

Curious, does anybody think his 2 door looks good? It screams Geo Metro with a lift to me
My friend owns a JKU and has had no issue driving it on the highway. Seemed fine when I was in it. I drove CJs for several decades all over the place as well. If the highway drive was legit unbearable, probably not many people would buy. Yet they are buying and highway driving. How can that be?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco [TFL] Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? 26BoEyibl9KsN7Pws

How dare you be sensible!?!
This is a forum dammit!
I got my post about calling 20” rims on a bronco a “mall crawler” removed a week ago. I was told by an admin, if I didn’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. I’m guessing the admin is putting 20s on his bronco.

So I’m keeping my post sensible, so I don’t get in trouble. I hope you read this before it’s removed.

20=MC

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my post about calling 20” rims on a bronco a “mall crawler” removed a week ago. I was told by an admin, if I didn’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. I’m guessing the admin is putting 20s on his bronco.

So I’m keeping my post sensible, so I don’t get in trouble. I hope you read this before it’s removed.

20=MC
That's what my Mom taught me. I see people proudly posting pics of their new Bronco with the mods they've already done. Some respond with terrible, I hate it, the puke imoji etc. I think admin should remove all such remarks.

EA First Edition

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D First Edition/4D Sas OBX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

20=MC
Man if 20s make you angry then you’ll hate mine when the 24s go on it 😂😂

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what my Mom taught me. I see people proudly posting pics of their new Bronco with the mods they've already done. Some respond with terrible, I hate it, the puke imoji etc. I think admin should remove all such remarks.
My mom taught me the same thing and as much as I dislike the puke emoji everyone has a right to use it if they please. Censorship is not the answer.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man if 20s make you angry then you’ll hate mine when the 24s go on it 😂😂
I love that everyone is going to make it their own. I say do what ever suits you!
I just tease. Shoot, my a gladiator with 35s has seen the mall many more times than trails.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look, we all knew the Bronco was going to be about a year out from release, barring delays. The jeep has been on the market by itself for the last 25 years.

His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.

It's a strawman because he's using the production schedule instead of the actual vehicle as the basis of his argument.

The straw man fallacy. occurs in the following pattern of argument:
  1. Person 1 asserts proposition X.
  2. Person 2 (or Person 1 against themselves) argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.
This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the position of the argument.

In this case, he's claiming he doesn't regret buying the Bronco, but clearly, he does, as the Bronco is the better vehicle. However, he's asserting, i.e. strawmaning, that his position is that he had to wait for Bronco production.

Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.
This is the dumbest shit I have read all week. 🤦‍♂️ - they buy and review so many cars, I don’t think they need to save face. You’re just trying so hard to find something that isn’t there. Besides, they also own a Defender and a Bronco! They have a lot more credibility than anyone on a forum dedicated to one specific vehicle who doesn’t own any of these!
Sponsored