First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what my Mom taught me. I see people proudly posting pics of their new Bronco with the mods they've already done. Some respond with terrible, I hate it, the puke imoji etc. I think admin should remove all such remarks.
My comment was light hearted. I even made fun of my own truck being at the mall more than the trails.

there was zero reason to remove my comment.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My mom taught me the same thing and as much as I dislike the puke emoji everyone has a right to use it if they please. Censorship is not the answer.
I don't like censorship either. Some people get behind a screen and seem to forget there are real people out there that deserve some respect. Another one I was taught is treat others as wish to be treated.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My comment was light hearted. I even made fun of my own truck being at the mall more than the trails.

there was zero reason to remove my comment.
I didn't see the comment, so have no idea how it came across. It's not always easy to express emotion online and things sometimes are taken the wrong way. Admin and mods have seemed to be invisible lately and don't step in until a total shit show is going on. Perhaps, you posted when he was having a bad day?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what my Mom taught me. I see people proudly posting pics of their new Bronco with the mods they've already done. Some respond with terrible, I hate it, the puke imoji etc. I think admin should remove all such remarks.
While I can agree some people are dicks. This is such a 2021 American thing to say…

Reminds me of that phrase, I think it’s, “stick and stones may break my bones and words will forever hurt me and bruise my soul and ego and all my self worth.”

Johnnymo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Buick Verano, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All in all it was a decent segment for what it was. It is not an unbiased review nor do I think it was meant to be. It is not an apples to apples comparison nor do I think it was meant to be. This was more a piece on how one persons preferences reflect against a basic vehicle and a loaded one. If you share those preferences, this piece may have great value to you.

Having said that, a couple things stand out as just silly.
  1. The weight far exceeds the Jeep but you are comparing a 4 door to a 2 door.
  2. While the Bronco feels much better on the road with a 33 inch setup, the SAS package feels like less of an advantage over the smaller Jeep setup. How about comparing the same setup on a Jeep.
  3. Comparing pricing to a "Limited" edition highest trim.
I realize it is purely a "personal taste" piece but it should be at least a little more apples to apples if criticism is involved.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't see the comment, so have no idea how it came across. It's not always easy to express emotion online and things sometimes are taken the wrong way. Admin and mods have seemed to be invisible lately and don't step in until a total shit show is going on. Perhaps, you posted when he was having a bad day?
Could be. That’s why I was surprised. You got to be able to not take things so seriously. I drive a Gladiator. I constantly here on this forum how crappy it’s engine is, how it’s undrivable on the freeway, it’s hideous, and so on. You just got to realize that not everyone likes the things you do. Even though, I’m pretty awesome and have awesome taste.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have Jeep’s and $100k German luxury car designed around steering and handling. I have no problems or issues driving my Jeep in the highway. My Porsche is definitely more comfortable, but that doesn’t make the jeep in drivable or even close to it.
You literally ignored what I said. It's not about some arbitrary definition of drivability, it's about how it compares to other vehicles you can buy, and in that regard, it's the worst.

Last edited:

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quality materials and 4x4s are not mutually exclusive. I’ll drink to that.

Then again, I’ll drink to anything.
“I drink to make other sound more interesting” - E.H.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His end argument was that he had to wait for a Bronco otherwise the Bronco is better.
Yeah, this is what I would like him to have commented on. If both the Bronco and Jeep were available off-the-lot at similar purchase points (i.e., no ADM), which would he choose? Would it be the Jeep he bought (which he configured exactly as he wanted) or a Bronco configured exactly as he wanted? Because at some point, the Bronco backlog will be gone and the dealer ADM shenanigans will be, too. For those who don't believe ADM will go away, I followed the Shelby GT350 from 2015 when a local dealer said "bring $25K extra" to 2020 when I could shop among several choices at a decent cut from MSRP. And that was for a vehicle in far fewer numbers than one year of Bronco production.
Sponsored