Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not as worried with being cold as I am wear and tear from being parked outside. How do soft tops hold up when outdoors year round? Am I going to have to make my wife park outside so I can put mine in the garage until I get a Hard Top? It only snows here a few days a year but not sure what 10" of snow would do if it sat on there overnight.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not as worried with being cold as I am wear and tear from being parked outside. How do soft tops hold up when outdoors year round? Am I going to have to make my wife park outside so I can put mine in the garage until I get a Hard Top? It only snows here a few days a year but not sure what 10" of snow would do if it sat on there overnight.
It's snow, not brimstone. The top will be fine. But if you are anticipating 10" of snow then I wouldn't let it sit on the top.

Sun is the biggest threat to a soft top. But that takes years.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your questions about soft top versus hard top cold answered:

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's fine. Mine is going on 4 years with no issues. I just try to push some snow off it every once in awhile if we're getting a lot.

It will get dirty, of course, and then it's up to you how much you want to wash it, but it's not going to degrade or anything.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey nice find! Detectives over here ha!

Video is not live yet, but yeah we went with the BesTop trektop.

They use a proprietary technique to bond in the quarter windows that is unique to BesTop, the webasto factory soft top has a different design that creates the window wave.

VERY thick canvas, and it doesn’t do that silly lift up rear clam shell like the factory unit. Just flip open the rear window like a Jeep. This will be available as a Ford accessory or direct through BesTop, will update if there are any issues or failures but so far very impressed. No zippers, no hassle
My issue is that it doesn’t seem to fold all the way to the back of the truck and seems to just sit awkwardly on top, near the rear when opened. Can you confirm for us how far back it folds? Bronco Nation’s video with Esteban has been the closest yet but even that seemed to cut out before it went all the way back. Thx

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is there any best top or third party soft top that doesn’t have the slanted style rear wind shield? I don’t care for that style

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to compare because our MIC rattled so badly
Is Ford specifically addressing the noise issue with the newly procured MIC? We all know about the appearance issues, but I didn't previously know that noise/squeaks/pops were a major issue as noted in your video.
Sponsored