Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco nation is to keep you entertained bronco6g is for actual information and know how’s.
Ahhh, so somebody missed my burger discussion the other night... 😜 I kid... maybe
Sponsored

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Am I the only one bothered by TFL spreading their content across 50 channels so they can say they have more subscribers?
yep

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I the only one bothered by TFL spreading their content across 50 channels so they can say they have more subscribers?
Its actually not for additional subscribers. Today YouTube subscribers are largely meaningless but we have found there is a surprisingly small amount of crossover between channels. Those interested in towing tests often don't care about off-road reviews. And people into classics often don't care about new sports cars. We agree it can be problematic but it seems to work for us!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean, if you want to get into semantics, I think it's you "older folks" that don't get it.

A truck got named a truck because of the verb "truck." To "truck something around." So if we look at an actual definition of a truck as a noun, it's a vehicle made to haul things. Or people.

The Bronco is not made for that. And to your argument, the older Broncos (2-5G) might have been called trucks because they had an elongated bed, which backs my argument. The 1G did not, and as previously mentioned, was called an "All Purpose Vehicle"

1624303065033.png

But let's call the 6G Bronco for what it is... a Jeep competitor. And what does Jeep call their Wrangler?

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. :)
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/trucks/g132/the-51-coolest-trucks-of-all-time/

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay, kid. I was there. Broncos were in the truck category. “All-Purpose Vehicle” is a marketing angle within the truck category. Not sure why it bothers you.

Even the “wagon” hardtop version of the early Bronco only came standard with the driver’s seat. Passenger seat and rear seat were options. Farmers would buy without and carry hay bales inside.
Alright, man. I ignored your first comment, but you doubled-down.

Lot of past tense here. I'm not here to argue the past. I'm here talking about a very specific vehicle: the 6G Bronco.

I feel like you're just adding to my argument. You're talking about previous Broncos being trucks. I didn't debate that, other than maybe the 1G. And by removing the back/passenger seats (to create... alas, what I've said all along: a bed for hauling things), then yes, you have a truck.

To simply end this back-and-forth, I'll put it in a sentence: The Bronco name/heritage isn't enough for the 6G to be grandfathered into a "truck" name. It's whatever a Jeep is, which is unanimously referenced to as an SUV.

So I'm hoping that "the Bronco name is a truck" isn't your argument. If it is, I would like to point you to the seemingly countless repurposing of old names/makes into something new, whether after years of discontinuation or redesigns for new generations. Lots of these around, even just within Ford (Bronco Sport seems to be a sore spot for everyone alone.)

(Sidebar: can we talk about how the Ford Escape went from a solid vehicle to some weird-looking Nissan Juke? What the hell happened there? I had a 2010 2G XLT that was awesome. I can't in good conscience call modern Escapes and mine the same vehicle. Mine was a rugged SUV. New one is... I dunno. A crossover?)

I'm not bothered, but you certainly seem to be. Wasn't here to ruffle any feathers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But since you called me, a 33 year old, a kid...

2CFWiIM.gif

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it’s a business. Monetary return is probably dictated more by views then subscribers. The more content they create, the more advertising dollars. Providing more content across multiple channels should be considered a smart business move.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, man. I ignored your first comment, but you doubled-down.

Lot of past tense here. I'm not here to argue the past. I'm here talking about a very specific vehicle: the 6G Bronco.

I feel like you're just adding to my argument. You're talking about previous Broncos being trucks. I didn't debate that, other than maybe the 1G. And by removing the back/passenger seats (to create... alas, what I've said all along: a bed for hauling things), then yes, you have a truck.

To simply end this back-and-forth, I'll put it in a sentence: The Bronco name/heritage isn't enough for the 6G to be grandfathered into a "truck" name. It's whatever a Jeep is, which is unanimously referenced to as an SUV.

So I'm hoping that "the Bronco name is a truck" isn't your argument. If it is, I would like to point you to the seemingly countless repurposing of old names/makes into something new, whether after years of discontinuation or redesigns for new generations. Lots of these around, even just within Ford (Bronco Sport seems to be a sore spot for everyone alone.)

(Sidebar: can we talk about how the Ford Escape went from a solid vehicle to some weird-looking Nissan Juke? What the hell happened there? I had a 2010 2G XLT that was awesome. I can't in good conscience call modern Escapes and mine the same vehicle. Mine was a rugged SUV. New one is... I dunno. A crossover?)

I'm not bothered, but you certainly seem to be. Wasn't here to ruffle any feathers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But since you called me, a 33 year old, a kid...

2CFWiIM.gif
Escape was ever “rugged?”

I didn’t say anything about the Bronco name, but the attempt to change the topic is interesting.

I can fit more cargo in my 6g than I did in my 1g.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Escape was ever “rugged?”

I didn’t say anything about the Bronco name, but the attempt to change the topic is interesting.

I can fit more cargo in my 6g than I did in my 1g.
Yeah, dude! The 2G Escape XLT v6's were basically Bronco Sports, which is why I have a soft spot for the Sport after sitting in one, since it reminded me of my beloved Escape (don't all stab me at once...). I would say they were more rugged than whateverthehell the new ones are and way more capable than most SUV's on the market now. Not truck-rugged. But I could take this thing offroad and tow with no issue.

Back to topic at hand... your only argument seems to be the Bronco name, by constantly referencing previous models and ignoring my constant attention to the 6G as the basis here. If you have a stronger argument, we're all ears.

As for cargo, yeah, you can fit even more in an Expedition. Doesn't make it a truck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You keep replying with personal anecdotes, but ignore the core points of the debate. I'm happy to end it, shake hands, agree to disagree, and part ways. And you can call your Bronco whatever you want. But don't get upset when someone says, "But... it's not really a truck." Because on this side of the fence, the evidence is stacked up.

insertdonotcommitlogicalfallacies.jpg

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 6G is as much a truck as any previous Bronco. Nobody but you has said otherwise. It’s on a truck chassis. I never said anything about the “name.” For instance, the old Blazers were trucks. The new vehicle bearing that name is a car. I’m talking about attributes, not names. And an Expedition absolutely is a truck. Many vehicles are both trucks and SUVs. The two are not mutually exclusive. So, call it an SUV because it is one. It’s also a truck.

What other Broncos might I reference besides “previous” Broncos in discussing the newest interaction of said truck? Do others exist besides the previous and current iterations? Unlike the Blazer, the current Bronco is expressly designed as the next generation of the previous ones, carrying on their key attributes.

69AED66D-7A4B-478A-8B82-A73B77121EE3.jpeg

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Explorer in the 90s was an example of a truck SUV. All SUVs used to be trucks and some still are.

Now, anything with a hatchback is called an “SUV” to cash in, because it sounds more exciting than “wagon.”

The idea that some SUVs can’t be trucks because a lot of other SUVs are cars is illogical.

There is some Venn diagram overlap of truck SUVs (Bronco, Tahoe, 4Runner), off-road capable car SUVs (Outback, Bronco Sport), and “SUV” in-name-only cars like a Chevy Equinox, across the now-overly-inclusive “SUV” marketing description.

Broncos are SUVs, trucks, and wagons.

30661199-4197-4CF6-BF84-401599A6BF69.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't expect all of this argument stuff in a thread about a TFL video to be about something other than the TFL video.

Interesting times we're living in.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Explorer in the 90s was an example of a truck SUV. All SUVs used to be trucks and some still are.

Now, anything with a hatchback is called an “SUV” to cash in, because it sounds more exciting than “wagon.”

The idea that some SUVs can’t be trucks because a lot of other SUVs are cars is illogical.
If it's a body-on-frame SUV, I call it a truck. If it's unibody, it's a crossover. That used to be pretty standard definitions but manufacturers have intentionally blurred the lines and auto journalists aren't helping.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Put me down for team Bronco has never been and will never be the modern definition of a truck. That is until the truck version of Bronco is released in a few years.
You mean the pickup version of a truck. There are other kinds of trucks besides pickup trucks.

Marketing people in the last couple of decades have moved farther away from calling all trucks trucks, except pickups. It's because that limits the appeal of many vehicles in trying to reach the broadest audience. Rich soccer mom doesn't want to hear her Suburban called a truck.

But interestingly, auto makers market stuff like Subarus as SUVs or crossovers but tell they government that even completely non-truck cars are "trucks." https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g32670535/every-body-on-frame-suv-sold-today/

Also of interest: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g32670535/every-body-on-frame-suv-sold-today/
Sponsored

Last edited: