Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of all the videos I've found this to be the most entertaining and extensive of the vehicle's capabilities...

Just look at how chintzy that dashboard is. My god!
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna call my Bronco Bronco or my car. It's not a truck to me, my Taco is a truck. Don't like that? Don't care. It's my car and I'll call it what I want. It's also never ever going to be a 'she', LOL.

Some people get wound up about the silliest things, hope to never run into them on the trails or anywhere else...

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not the one saying you have to call it one thing or another. Someone referred to a Bronco as a truck. Someone else said only a pickup is a truck. I said a Bronco is also a truck. It’s also a car. It’s also an SUV.

I'm gonna call my Bronco Bronco or my car. It's not a truck to me, my Taco is a truck. Don't like that? Don't care. It's my car and I'll call it what I want. It's also never ever going to be a 'she', LOL.

Some people get wound up about the silliest things, hope to never run into them on the trails or anywhere else...

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't expect all of this argument stuff in a thread about a TFL video to be about something other than the TFL video.

Interesting times we're living in.
Have you never ventured into the comments section below a TFL YouTube video?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope this thread gets submitted to a psychiatric publication as an example of cognitive dissonance.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you guys like 12?! Seriously. Asking for a friend....
Ford Bronco [TFL] Hands-On Review of 2021 Bronco -- Worth The Wait? Bronco Week Ep.1 yikes-michael-scott

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rather than hope, why not reach out to them proactively and ask for the help you need?

“The subject’s cognitive dissonance prevented him from understanding that a vehicle can overlap multiple classifications and that others may call it whatever they want, especially if they call it something long understood to be applicable. He then slicked his hair right back.”

I hope this thread gets submitted to a psychiatric publication as an example of cognitive dissonance.

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, man. I ignored your first comment, but you doubled-down.

Lot of past tense here. I'm not here to argue the past. I'm here talking about a very specific vehicle: the 6G Bronco.

I feel like you're just adding to my argument. You're talking about previous Broncos being trucks. I didn't debate that, other than maybe the 1G. And by removing the back/passenger seats (to create... alas, what I've said all along: a bed for hauling things), then yes, you have a truck.

To simply end this back-and-forth, I'll put it in a sentence: The Bronco name/heritage isn't enough for the 6G to be grandfathered into a "truck" name. It's whatever a Jeep is, which is unanimously referenced to as an SUV.

So I'm hoping that "the Bronco name is a truck" isn't your argument. If it is, I would like to point you to the seemingly countless repurposing of old names/makes into something new, whether after years of discontinuation or redesigns for new generations. Lots of these around, even just within Ford (Bronco Sport seems to be a sore spot for everyone alone.)

(Sidebar: can we talk about how the Ford Escape went from a solid vehicle to some weird-looking Nissan Juke? What the hell happened there? I had a 2010 2G XLT that was awesome. I can't in good conscience call modern Escapes and mine the same vehicle. Mine was a rugged SUV. New one is... I dunno. A crossover?)

I'm not bothered, but you certainly seem to be. Wasn't here to ruffle any feathers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But since you called me, a 33 year old, a kid...

2CFWiIM.gif
I had a TJ. I put 160,000 miles on that thing before I traded it in on a pickup (truck). I got lots of comments such as “nice truck”, “I love your truck”, “cool truck”. Occasionally “nice rig”. No one ever referred to it as a SUV. I never heard “love your SUV” or “your SUV sucks”. The new Bronco may be classified by some or even most as a SUV. I will mostly refer to it as a truck. Even before I take the rear seats out. But to each their own.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Omg can people stop arguing about truck vs. suv vs. atv vs. apv vs. sav vs. whatever the hell else

it’s irrelevant. And there is no correct answer. It’s regional, age-based, marketing propaganda, habit, preference, etc

and it has no impact on the conversation: all of us know what a Bronco is no matter what generic term a forum member uses to refer to it

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From now on i will only refer to it as a GOAT. lol. I have been watching TFL videos as long as I have had the Bronco reserved. Talk about a looooonnnnngggg time. lol. Saw all the Ford Drama as it was happening. So as far as past history, have you noticed every time Ford announces something bad, "More Delays." Bronco Nation or some other venu releases a new video. "HEY! LOOK OVER HERE!!!!"

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Video #1 - Focuses primarily on the OB and BD versions

Used to love these guys, then lost a lot of respect for them. After they were hating on Ford and the Bronco without being truthful as to why they were all hit in the ass.
Sponsored