Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely a good point. So slammed with videos we didn’t have a chance to run through a drive through to test ‘em out.

The hood prop wasn’t a big deal in my opinion, but Andre was insistent. The bigger complaint to me is the electronic parking brake on the manual, never been in a fan and it’s in an awkward position by your left knee. Andre said he was used to it in his ‘21 F-150 🤷‍♂️
Is there a Surround Sound setting in the Infotainment System?

Is there a Fade control to re-balance front and rear volumes?

If so, did you adjust them?
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@TFLtruck don't listen to the negative Nancy's in this group. They've got nothing better to do than to sit down and complain on the internet. I enjoyed the video. Any bronco content is good content to me personally. I was glad to see none of your dislikes bothered me.
Who are these donkey reviews and how did they get to play with Broncos? They should have let some Bronco6G members at them and we would have had much better reviews! Ford, give me my damn Bronco!
Are you new to the internet? TFL has a very popular YouTube channel. Expect them to do a more thorough review when they can test drive the bronco. This video seemed like initial impressions.

My Top 5 dislikes. :)
5. tie down handles
4. tie down handles
3. Badlands standard wheels
2. orange trim in Badlands
1. Tie Down Handles

I'm soooo ready to get mine so I can hate the tie down handles in person.
I like 'em! I actually like all your dislikes haha

Nothing here which would preclude me from purchasing a Bronco. But Andre’ is right about the hood prop rod. Ford has really been cheaping out on this, on most of their vehicles. Very cheap move.
I agree with other comments: the struts wearing out would be a PITA

Or…or you could have replaced the struts. Not expensive.
You never have to replace the rod though

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theres 10 speakers in the B&O where the hell are they if there’s only those 4 mounting locations? Also, if I get B&O and choose to replace the components since I like having more speakers, would that be an real upgrade over the 6 speaker system and replacing in the high? I won’t be getting mine for awhile yet
Sorry if this has been answered already, but they use co-axial speakers and count those speaker assemblies as two speakers. Kind of misleading, but they're not technically wrong. There are 6 speakers locations in the standard Bronco. 4 inch in dash, 6 1/2s in the kick panels and 4 inch mounted to the rollbar. B&O adds the subwoofer and maybe a center channel? If the B&O uses co-axial speakers in the kick panels and adds a subwoofer and center channel, you get to 10.

Last edited:

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone not surprised that the Webasto soft top made the dislike list?
I compare it with the Wrangler Soft Top and at least for my 2017 you would need to unzip the top part just to get additional access above the gate.

The Ace

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan, Honda CR-V, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
None of their dislikes bother me. I only listen to talk and sports radio, will be getting a hard top, don’t mind hood bar, hopefully I’ll never sit in the back😎, and I just sold my boat!

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TFLtruck
I agree with other comments: the struts wearing out would be a PITA

You never have to replace the rod though
I’ve never had to replace hood struts in any of my vehicles, and I keep my vehicles typically 8-12 years.

I‘ve bumped, tangled with and otherwise cursed the hood strut on any car I’ve had it on. To each their own, but for me the strut is going to be replaced ASAP.

Last edited:

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is there a Surround Sound setting in the Infotainment System?

Is there a Fade control to re-balance front and rear volumes?

If so, did you adjust them?
Music is generally mastered for stereo (right and left) only, not surround sound. If there's an inherent imbalance between the front and rear because of speaker size and position, fade might mitigate it somewhat.

To me, it sounds like you'll need an aftermarket solution to have halfway decent sounding audio in a Bronco if you don't spring for the lux package.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to see a brief view of the tow receiver. There isn't much discussion about this, but look at the the video and you see how close to the receiver the spare tire is. If one uses a rise hitch with a lifted offroad trailer you'll have to remove the spare to get it hooked up and unhooked. Not the end of the world but moving the spare mount towards the passenger side seems a good idea. The tow capacity can be enhanced aftermarket and it won't surprise me if Ford adds a max tow package to get 5k lbs.

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has been answered already, but they use co-axial speakers and count those speaker assemblies as two speakers. Kind of misleading, but they're not technically wrong. There are 6 speakers locations in the Bronco (7 if counting the sub). 4 inch in dash, 6 1/2s in the kick panels and 4 inch mounted to the rollbar. B&O adds the subwoofer.
I think the sub is in the rear door, right? This is good info. I guess then I’d I can live without some of the other Lux stuff I may be better off with the high package and spending the rest on aftermarket audio? I am worried somewhat about keeping the interior as waterproof as possible with secondary amp and sub installation. I’m getting hardtop and as much sound deadening as possible. I just have very little experience with this stuff. I definitely want something clear, with great audio reproduction and good clear bass.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the sub is in the rear door, right? This is good info. I guess then I’d I can live without some of the other Lux stuff I may be better off with the high package and spending the rest on aftermarket audio? I am worried somewhat about keeping the interior as waterproof as possible with secondary amp and sub installation. I’m getting hardtop and as much sound deadening as possible. I just have very little experience with this stuff. I definitely want something clear, with great audio reproduction and good clear bass.
99% positive the sub is in the sidewall of the rear cargo area. I think the passenger side, but not as positive about that.

Sponsored

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

99% positive the sub is in the sidewall of the rear cargo area. I think the passenger side, but not as positive about that.
Ah I think I remember seeing that, I think you’re right. If I don’t go stock audio upgrade I’ll try to find a solution that mounts to the same spot

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No offense to TFL...However we all know you're just trying to push content out before Embargo gets lifted but there is 0 good information here.
Well in fairness to TFL they are catching up on Ford Bronco content because they were banned by Ford for leaking information on the Bronco.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve never had to replace hood struts in any of my vehicles, and I keep my vehicles typically 8-12 years.

I‘ve bumped, tanged with and otherwise cursed the hood strut on any car I’ve had it on. To each their own, but for me the strut is going to be replaced ASAP.
I just replaced them on my F-150, they died a few years ago but I just kept throwing vice grips on the shaft to hold the hood up.

Happened to find a nice set on a truck in the JY my last trip when I remembered to look for them.

Hood prop was a PITA swapping heads on my Ranger but it still holds the hood up great. I do have a set of hinges off an Explorer to convert it to struts but they have been stashed in the barn for 5+ years, pretty low on the priority list.

Prop rod won't bother me on on the Bronco. Unlike my Ranger it will never sit with the hood open at car shows.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the lack of cupholders not fall in the top 5?
I don't know what you mean. The one I'm getting has a cupholder for every passenger. ;)

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They're covering all the same stuff dozens of other channels Ford affiliated or not have already done at this point. Someone wake me up when they take it for a drive.
Sponsored