The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anything that most people would prefer in a daily driver is going to be better in a loaded Rubi vs a base Bronco... Leather, Dual automatic climate control, 8.4 screen with upgraded Alpine stereo, heated seats, heated steering wheel, soft touch dash and panels (that is a big deal to me. Even the higher models of Broncos look overly plastic) etc.

After that I guess it’s preference, but matching painted top instead of cheap looking gray MIC, painted flares, sway bar disconnect, steel bumpers, LED drive/park/tail/fog lights, etc.

The Jeep is 75k (still somewhat overpriced, but the argument was “nicer”) because it would be close to 60k (just like a similarly equipped Bronco) with the base engine. It’s not a freaking sport with a V8.

Have you ever even owned a Wrangler? I’m going to guess the answer is a resounding no. I’ve owned 5 Jeeps ranging from a YJ all the way to a JLU and none of them were “all over the place” I can let go of the wheel at 80mph and my JLU will track right down the middle of the lane. Will the Bronco drive better at speed, yes, but most people that have problems with Jeeps have had a cheap lift or piss poor installation of a lift.

As far as the sound bar, You don’t see it looking up from the front seats. It’s behind you. I’m 6’3” so I drive with the seat all the way back and I literally can’t see the sound bar without turning my head. You see it from the back seats, but I don’t ride in the back of my own vehicle so I don’t really care. You literally sound like Ford marketing when you bring that up.

I’m looking forward to getting my Bronco, but I’m not getting rid of my JLUR anytime soon.
Your naming standard upgraded interior creature comforts that 90% of real Off-roaders could care less about. Even with those interior luxury items there's no way that still justifies a $75k + price Tag. No way.

You can say I sound like I'm from the Ford Marketing department but those things I named matter to me. I don't want to take my doors off and have to worry about purchasing aftermarket mirrors if I'm paying that much. I also hate that big black sound bar. I rode in the back seat of my buddies jeep plenty of times and it totally ruins the open air experience for the rear seat passengers. Thats important to me because my son and daughter will be in the back seat and thay want that open air experience. He'll my 11 year old daughter is extremely excited about it. She talks about parking in a field and looking up at the night sky in the Bronco and everything.

And yes I've never owned a Jeep because I like to buy new vehicles and always felt for what you get they where overpriced. But I grew up around Jeeps. Rode in them and drove them thousands of times. I know how they handle. Also if Jeeps aren't over priced how can you explain Jeep Sports being sold around $40k? Thats absolutely absurd. You don't get lockers or anything and they come with tiny tires weak axles and look like crap.

I almost bought a Jeep years ago because I wanted an open air experience but I just couldn't justify the price for what you get. Or should I say don't get. I was looking at a 4 door Sport. But they wanted so much money at the stealership. $39k. And then I would have to add a lift kit and tires. And in the end what would I really have? A Mall crawler. Because if I truly wanted to go off roading I would have to upgrade the axles , gearing and a bunch of other stuff on that heap as well. Totally not worth it. Jeeps are crazy overpriced.

Thank God the Bronco came along. Base + Sasquatch puts me in a true Hard core off roader for $40k. And if I wanted upgraded interior creature comforts I could go Wildtrak for $48k which is still $27k cheaper then that V8 Wrangler. And I guarantee you knowing Jeep dealers they'll be selling those things at a premium. $80 to $90k. No freaking thanks. You basically have to be a hard core Jeep fan boy drinking the Kool-aid to even think about paying that.
Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your naming standard upgraded interior creature comforts that 90% of real Off-roaders could care less about. Even with those interior luxury items there's no way that still justifies a $75k + price Tag. No way.

You can say I sound like I'm from the Ford Marketing department but those things I named matter to me. I don't want to take my doors off and have to worry about purchasing aftermarket mirrors if I'm paying that much. I also hate that big black sound bar. I rode in the back seat of my buddies jeep plenty of times and it totally ruins the open air experience for the rear seat passengers. Thats important to me because my son and daughter will be in the back seat and thay want that open air experience. He'll my 11 year old daughter is extremely excited about it. She talks about parking in a field and looking up at the night sky in the Bronco and everything.

And yes I've never owned a Jeep because I like to buy new vehicles and always felt for what you get they where overpriced. But I grew up around Jeeps. Rode in them and drove them thousands of times. I know how they handle. Also if Jeeps aren't over priced how can you explain Jeep Sports being sold around $40k? Thats absolutely absurd. You don't get lockers or anything and they come with tiny tires weak axles and look like crap.

I almost bought a Jeep years ago because I wanted an open air experience but I just couldn't justify the price for what you get. Or should I say don't get. I was looking at a 4 door Sport. But they wanted so much money at the stealership. $39k. And then I would have to add a lift kit and tires. And in the end what would I really have? A Mall crawler. Because if I truly wanted to go off roading I would have to upgrade the axles , gearing and a bunch of other stuff on that heap as well. Totally not worth it. Jeeps are crazy overpriced.

Thank God the Bronco came along. Base + Sasquatch puts me in a true Hard core off roader for $40k. And if I wanted upgraded interior creature comforts I could go Wildtrak for $48k which is still $27k cheaper then that V8 Wrangler. And I guarantee you knowing Jeep dealers they'll be selling those things at a premium. $80 to $90k. No freaking thanks. You basically have to be a hard core Jeep fan boy drinking the Kool-aid to even think about paying that.
So no, you haven’t driven a JLU and you haven’t seen a Bronco in person.

The argument isn’t whether a 392 is “worth the price” that is subjective. (For a person that has the money and wants a brand new Jeep with a V8 it is the cheapest way to do it) You said that the Base Bronco was a “way nicer vehicle” than the 392 and that is asinine.

I listed those things because they come standard on the 392 and aren’t even available on a base squatch. Contrary to your opinion, most people do care about those “creature comforts”. This is proven by the fact that a very high percentage of orders are for Outer Banks and above trims.

The fact that you compare a Wildtrack starting price to the price of the 392 is ridiculous. If you add all of the options that are standard on the 392 then the Wildtrack is over 60k. If you want to play that game then a no option Rubicon can be bought for less money than a no option base squatch. They are within 1k MSRP and I can buy the Rubicon for under invoice whereas I’m paying MSRP for my Bronco. I could sell my takeoffs and buy 35s and be at roughly the same price. I would also have a sway bar disconnect for the “serious offroaders” like yourself

Last edited:

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you really think a base Bronco is a “much nicer” vehicle than a fully loaded Rubicon? Some of the fanboys on this page are absolutely delusional
You come to love them. They are part of the room decor. :)

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A 392 Hemi two-door Wrangler could still tempt me. Luckily they will never make one so I don’t have to worry about it.

I just love that V8 sound!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A loaded Sasquatch 4 door with all the luxuries under 60k is a bargain. I was messing around with a non Sasquatch build in the low to mid 50s, and said you know what, just go for it. It’s a lot of truck for the money when you go all in with a 2.7 sas.

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched the full video and it's pretty cool. Obviously, this isn't for everyone, but it has a market (albeit limited).

I think the easiest way to think about this using the Ford brand throughout is to look at the Mustang models. You can select a stripped-down 4-cylinder that gets you out on the road in a very economical way. Both purchase and ongoing ownership (gas/oil/etc) is very reasonable. You can also select a Shelby GT500 and spend WAY more money and WAY more in operating costs.

If it's your daily driver, you have a long commute, park in congested areas, fight dingbats on the freeway, you might select option one.

If it's your toy, you drive occasionally, and you treat it like Eleanore, the latter might be your cup of tea.

In conclusion. I would never buy the Jeep 392 as my only vehicle. I would however buy one to have fun in and thrash around like a modern muscle car.... If I weren't waiting on the Warthog!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So no, you haven’t driven a JLU and you haven’t seen a Bronco in person.

The argument isn’t whether a 392 is “worth the price” that is subjective. (For a person that has the money and wants a brand new Jeep with a V8 it is the cheapest way to do it) You said that the Base Bronco was a “way nicer vehicle” than the 392 and that is asinine.

I listed those things because they come standard on the 392 and aren’t even available on a base squatch. Contrary to your opinion, most people do care about those “creature comforts”. This is proven by the fact that a very high percentage of orders are for Outer Banks and above trims.

The fact that you compare a Wildtrack starting price to the price of the 392 is ridiculous. If you add all of the options that are standard on the 392 then the Wildtrack is over 60k. If you want to play that game then a no option Rubicon can be bought for less money than a no option base squatch. They are within 1k MSRP and I can buy the Rubicon for under invoice whereas I’m paying MSRP for my Bronco. I could sell my takeoffs and buy 35s and be at roughly the same price. I would also have a sway bar disconnect for the “serious offroaders” like yourself
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And what's nicer and what's not is subjective as well. I personally think the Bronco is nicer then the Jeep and I get more of what I want for my money. And as far as the Rubicon goes you still need a lift to fit 35s properly for Off-roading. So tac on that extra cost.. And as I said the Bronco is made from better materials that will last longer. Stronger steel for the frame and an aluminum body that won't rust. Also I love how modular the Bronco is. Everything comes off with hand tools. The aftermarket is going to go nuts with the Bronco. You'll be able to build and swap parts as you please with minimal skill. Oh and let's not forget how much better the 2.7 Ecoboost is then the Jeep 3.6. It's not even close. 315hp and 400tq versus 260hp and 270tq. And with a simple tune from Ford racing under warranty you can get even more power out of the twin turbo 2.7 Ecoboost.

Also you keep saying that the Jeep handles just as good as the Bronco? How? Many off road professionals like Vaugh Gittin JR disagree. And it's not just him many other professionals on YouTube have commented how much better it is. So yeah I've never driven one or seen it in person yet but I'll take there word for it.

Last edited:

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And what's nicer and what's not is subjective as well. I personally think the Bronco is nicer then the Jeep and I get more of what I want for my money. And as far as the Rubicon goes you still need a lift to fit 35s properly for Off-roading. So tac on that extra cost.. And as I said the Bronco is made from better materials that will last longer. Stronger steel for the frame and an aluminum body that won't rust. Also I love how modular the Bronco is. Everything comes off with hand tools. The aftermarket is going to go nuts with the Bronco. You'll be able to build and swap parts as you please with minimal skill. Oh and let's not forget how much better the 2.7 Ecoboost is then the Jeep 3.6. It's not even close. 315hp and 400tq versus 260hp and 270tq. And with a simple tune from Ford racing under warranty you can get even more power out of the twin turbo 2.7 Ecoboost.

Also you keep saying that the Jeep handles just as good as the Bronco? How? Many off road professionals like Vaugh Grittin JR disagree. And it's not just him many other professionals on YouTube have commented how much better it is. So yeah I've never driven one or seen it in person yet but I'll take there word for it.
Rubicons can run 35s with no lift without rubbing. (Watch the Lite Bright vid on YouTube when they are testing their JLU before they lifted it). They certainly will if you add bump Stops to limit wheel travel like Ford does on the Squatch.

A significant amount of the body on JLUs is aluminum as well.

I literally said the the Bronco would drive better at speed. I just said that the complaints about Jeeps poor driveability are overstated. The 2018s and early 2019s had their issues, but that has been solved. Everyone knows that an IFS is going to handle better than a solid axle, just like everyone knows that a solid axle is better for crawling.

Last edited:

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anything that most people would prefer in a daily driver is going to be better in a loaded Rubi vs a base Bronco... Leather, Dual automatic climate control, 8.4 screen with upgraded Alpine stereo, heated seats, heated steering wheel, soft touch dash and panels (that is a big deal to me. Even the higher models of Broncos look overly plastic) etc.

After that I guess it’s preference, but matching painted top instead of cheap looking gray MIC, painted flares, sway bar disconnect, steel bumpers, LED drive/park/tail/fog lights, etc.

The Jeep is 75k (still somewhat overpriced, but the argument was “nicer”) because it would be close to 60k (just like a similarly equipped Bronco) with the base engine. It’s not a freaking sport with a V8.

Have you ever even owned a Wrangler? I’m going to guess the answer is a resounding no. I’ve owned 5 Jeeps ranging from a YJ all the way to a JLU and none of them were “all over the place” I can let go of the wheel at 80mph and my JLU will track right down the middle of the lane. Will the Bronco drive better at speed, yes, but most people that have problems with Jeeps have had a cheap lift or piss poor installation of a lift.

As far as the sound bar, You don’t see it looking up from the front seats. It’s behind you. I’m 6’3” so I drive with the seat all the way back and I literally can’t see the sound bar without turning my head. You see it from the back seats, but I don’t ride in the back of my own vehicle so I don’t really care. You literally sound like Ford marketing when you bring that up.

I’m looking forward to getting my Bronco, but I’m not getting rid of my JLUR anytime soon.
Nicer is a perspective. When I think of a nicer 4x4, I think of mechanicals to which the Jeep is clearly inferior for the way people set them up now. Jeeps are at their limit of safety in stock form for modern speeds. As a former mechanic for a long time who worked on literally everything, I would not allow my daughter to drive a lifted jeep. They have inherent problems with dimensions and geometry that running anything more than stock at over 40 mph makes all the bashing valid. Most people who drive or defend them do because they are the only option for the top off experience and are cheap to lift. I personally don't understand why so many people put up with how they drive or the endless mechanical problems, but that's today's world. It's all about looks all else be damned.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicer is a perspective. When I think of a nicer 4x4, I think of mechanicals to which the Jeep is clearly inferior for the way people set them up now. Jeeps are at their limit of safety in stock form for modern speeds. As a former mechanic for a long time who worked on literally everything, I would not allow my daughter to drive a lifted jeep. They have inherent problems with dimensions and geometry that running anything more than stock at over 40 mph makes all the bashing valid. Most people who drive or defend them do because they are the only option for the top off experience and are cheap to lift. I personally don't understand why so many people put up with how they drive or the endless mechanical problems, but that's today's world. It's all about looks all else be damned.
You said the key word... cheap. I don’t disagree, but 90% of the problems people have with Jeeps is either poorly installed lifts or cheap lifts. A quality lift that is properly installed drives as well, if not better than stock. The problem is that people don’t want to spend 2.5k or more, plus labor, to have a quality lift installed.

Anytime someone tries to run a cheap lift, regardless of the vehicle, they are going to have problems. It will be the same with Broncos. People will try to throw on a cheap spacer without upgrading the control arms and they will be fighting to keep them in their lane at highway speeds.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Being that I actually have a SRT grand Cherokee with the 6.4 I can confirm that motor is trash. The MDS system likes to destroy the Cam shaft. If you try and add any power the rings let loose. I lost count of how manyengines go out at 30000 miles. It’s more of a fluke if you make it past it without issues. The only thing good chrysler offers is their mopar maxcare.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the 392's power turns out to be too much for the drivetrain, they can always "tweak" it with a software update. No worries there. Sure has a sweet exhaust note, will definitely give it that.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rubicons can run 35s with no lift without rubbing. (Watch the Lite Bright vid on YouTube when they are testing their JLU before they lifted it). They certainly will if you add bump Stops to limit wheel travel like Ford does on the Squatch.

A significant amount of the body on JLUs is aluminum as well.

I literally said the the Bronco would drive better at speed. I just said that the complaints about Jeeps poor driveability are overstated. The 2018s and early 2019s had their issues, but that has been solved. Everyone knows that an IFS is going to handle better than a solid axle, just like everyone knows that a solid axle is better for crawling.
I can't wait to watch the 2 new Broncos they have on order. Lol.
Sponsored