Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The guy says solid front and rear axles and that that the Bronco R was assumed to be a 3.5 EcoBoost ‍(facepalm)

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have some great videos, but then they have some terrible ones as well, where it seems like they didn't put in any effort at all to be informed. It's usually their speculation videos.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Man the media is super desperate for any new scrap of information on that Bronco, what a bunch of jokers :crackup:

Sponsored

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
This is SOP......We all know how the games played and the drip......drip....drip is to increase our interest. It's not new and it's not going to change since there's a lot of things that have to be done to roll out a new vehicle. just lining up the suppliers for the parts is huge and then when you factor in different trim levels it takes a lot of time and effort and back up suppliers too.. Just imagine the scheduling on each different part on a vehicle to insure the supply. that's a lot of nuts and bolts and washers and other parts. Bashing Ford or TFL isn't going to speed up the process and TFL is releasing the information they're allowed to release. If they don't play by the rules they won't get a vehicle to test and we all like to see their reviews on new models. I like many on here would love to know more but let's not bite the hands that feed us or they might just go away and since we all know the internet is full of misinformation it's not too reliable either. It's coming and I hope i'm not in a box before it get's here......and I have less time than most of you younger guys to get er done!

Lest not we forget all the work Top Recon did on this to help us get a BRONCO FIX and keep our interest alive with his forward thinking, imagination, facts and input he got along the way. His efforts in this have kept my interest alive since that tarp covered view was revealed. He put the outline to work fueling our imaginations and his talent brought them to a virtual reality we could really visualize.

Last edited:

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bashing Ford or TFL isn't going to speed up the process and TFL is releasing the information they're allowed to release. If they don't play by the rules they won't get a vehicle to test and we all like to see their reviews on new models. I like many on here would love to know more but let's not bite the hands that feed us or they might just go away
This is fair, however TFL was at the unveiling of the Bronco R and even posted an article about it having the 2.7 so the new piece just feels lazy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tfloffroad.com/2019/11/bronco-r-baja-racer/amp/

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is SOP......We all know how the games played and the drip......drip....drip is to increase our interest. It's not new and it's not going to change since there's a lot of things that have to be done to roll out a new vehicle. just lining up the suppliers for the parts is huge and then when you factor in different trim levels it takes a lot of time and effort and back up suppliers too.. Just imagine the scheduling on each different part on a vehicle to insure the supply. that's a lot of nuts and bolts and washers and other parts. Bashing Ford or TFL isn't going to speed up the process and TFL is releasing the information they're allowed to release. If they don't play by the rules they won't get a vehicle to test and we all like to see their reviews on new models. I like many on here would love to know more but let's not bite the hands that feed us or they might just go away and since we all know the internet is full of misinformation it's not too reliable either. It's coming and I hope i'm not in a box before it get's here......and I have less time than most of you younger guys to get er done!
Without being morbid (which I can be sometimes, lol), you hit on something that's been on my mind lately. I ain't getting any younger. I've become more keenly aware of time passing and the value of that time. Perhaps that is a reason why this Bronco thing has seemed so drawn out and bugged me more than some others. I'm not 25 yrs old where a couple years can feel like no great shakes.

2021 Ford Bronco 2.jpg

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
This is fair, however TFL was at the unveiling of the Bronco R and even posted an article about it having the 2.7 so the new piece just feels lazy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tfloffroad.com/2019/11/bronco-r-baja-racer/amp/
Good point but everything is subject to change when the bean counters get involved and they (TFL) want to see this as much as we do and if they throw a bone at Ford about more power and an engineer shakes his head in agreement they run with it...........You know we all want it but what we want and what they produce is always in jeopardy until it's being actually produced and for sale. I think we're going to get the 2.7, but I don't know it and in today's world what trim level will you have to buy to get it? There's going to be a cost and they aren't giving things away on any vehicle out there. It's all part of the game until we see it and then we know for sure.......then we just have to figure out how to buy it and given escalating prices that's becomes part of the equation.....

Sponsored

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Without being morbid (which I can be sometimes, lol), you hit on something that's been on my mind lately. I ain't getting any younger. I've become more keenly aware of time passing and the value of that time. Perhaps that is a reason why this Bronco thing has seemed so drawn out and bugged me more than some others. I'm not 25 yrs old where a couple years can feel like no great shakes.
You're not being morbid, but I've had more than my share of sands running thru the hourglass.......seen more than my share of sunrises and ain't quite ready to see my last just yet until I've owned one last Bronco........ but lets hope the good lord and my wife finds it in their heart to give me the time....

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we're going to get the 2.7, but I don't know it and in today's world what trim level will you have to buy to get it?
Ford's CEO recently authored a piece about making options more customizable by the purchaser. I'll be Real disappointed if Bronco has the traditional 3 trims with 3 bundled package options in each.

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Ford's CEO recently authored a piece about making options more customizable by the purchaser. I'll be Real disappointed if Bronco has the traditional 3 trims with 3 bundled package options in each.
What I've noticed about bundling today in vehicles is that they use engines choices to drive the buyers to higher trim levels which increases their profit. In effect they have the XLT available with all engines but trim levels below that can't buy all engines type of marketing strategy. I'm not sure it will apply here but selling yugos with an ecoboost doesn't boost the bottom line and the bottom line is the priority on each model they build. It's how they disguise it and market it that makes it easier for the buyer to rationalize. That's why those tv ads work on many different angles to appeal to a broader audience. It also facilitates being able to build them easier since the trims specific and they have a few choices outside of that instead of a menu with more choices and unlimited options. They have to prestage fewer different parts than normal for that trim and model in the process and production times increase.
Sponsored