Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When the young guy (in the Bronco/Jeep review) said the hood latches on the Jeep were a tie down point I just gave up. It's OK if one doesn't know for sure, but he shouldn't be making chit up just to sound smart. It makes me wonder how much other stuff he doesn't really know.

I must stand corrected. I gave up to soon, and didn't get the entire picture of what the young man was saying. So, I was the one in the wrong. Now I have been wrong before. Just ask my wife. :)

Last edited:

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the young guy (in the Bronco/Jeep review) said the hood latches on the Jeep were a tie down point I just gave up. It's OK if one doesn't know for sure, but he shouldn't be making chit up just to sound smart. It makes me wonder how much other stuff he doesn't really know.
I don't think he was saying that. I think he was referring to the alternative that Jeep has latches on the hood so you don't need to open your hood from inside the car like you do in the Bronco. But the Bronco has tie down points on their hood that the Jeep doesn't have. He's trying to point out positives from both sides, BTW he is a very big Jeep guy so this must be hard for him (-;

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found it helpful

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think he was saying that. I think he was referring to the alternative that Jeep has latches on the hood so you don't need to open your hood from inside the car like you do in the Bronco. But the Bronco has tie down points on their hood that the Jeep doesn't have. He's trying to point out positives from both sides, BTW he is a very big Jeep guy so this must be hard for him (-;
Thanks Stephen, I must have cut the video to soon to get exactly what he was saying. I'll give 'em another look/see.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video I found a little more interesting and helpful. Got some good views of the roof and the roof off to see how the water diverts; hopefully it’s better than the Wranglers are in that sense (from what I’ve heard).

Ford Bronco [TFL] We answer your questions on the 2021 Bronco  | Bronco Week Ep.5 D8D90076-9248-4429-BF72-1C814B72DFAF

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought it was stated by Ford a while back that you can at low speeds but not for highway driving.
I guess you could? But the front and rear panels latch to each other if I'm not mistaken. Leaving only half latched would definitely be risky at anything above low speeds. I expect an aftermarket crossmember/s that will allow you to run the top in any configuration you can think of.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Door bags have to be special ordered”???

Don’t the bags come with it? Or did I not hear him correctly?
Yeah they have to be ordered they're like 200$ I saw yesterday on Ford site when I was trying to find the cell mount

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am still floored that Waldo guy prefers the Wranglers soft top opening over the bronco. Sure it opens all the way... However have you ever been slapped in the face with that bar if the wind gets it? No. And who who in the heck opens a rear window with arms full of groceries?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still floored that Waldo guy prefers the Wranglers soft top opening over the bronco. Sure it opens all the way... However have you ever been slapped in the face with that bar if the wind gets it? No. And who who in the heck opens a rear window with arms full of groceries?
I didn’t get that groceries reference either. First of all, if you open the rear door, you can just put the groceries right in the back then open the upper half of you need to. Kind of a lame excuse not to like it. Plus it took him longer to open the jeeps soft top then it did the Broncos.

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a fan of how easy it is to remove Fender Flare. I have a Outerbanks on order and seems to easy for someone to come by and steal my coated fenders.

I didn’t get that groceries reference either. First of all, if you open the rear door, you can just put the groceries right in the back then open the upper half of you need to. Kind of a lame excuse not to like it. Plus it took him longer to open the jeeps soft top then it did the Broncos.
Maybe it doesn't open at high as a Jeep? Or maybe it's the whole rod thing to hold it up. Would have been interesting if it just locked in the up position.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't stand these guys, I pretty much mute every video 👍 not to mention throw the dislike button hoping they take the hint