Sponsored

TFL's Feelings About Bronco Because No Party Invite?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My goodness, TFLCar released a video today with a ton of butt hurt from not getting invitations from Ford on the Bronco launch. They're not the only ones, but they are one of the biggest.

So upset that people are praising Bronco without driving one and has it challenging their beloved Wrangler and Jeep products. Trash talking internet influencers, even though that's sort of what they are and getting paid to say good things about a vehicle.

Don't think any of us fail to understand this "influencer" business model and the Instagoogletweetface and YouTube culture, we're over 10 years on now.

This father and son combo is pretty good and I watch them pretty regular, the dad has some skill on trails and his opinion is worth a listen. But man, they are pissed at being banned.

One big point being made by the pair is that the unveil and eventual deliveries are so far apart that momentum will be lost on the Bronco due to the hype fading. I call BS on that; you either want an off road beast that can go topless and doorless or you don't and there isn't another one coming online in the market any time soon.

Bronco and Wrangler will rule the day in the US.
Sponsored

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My goodness, TFLCar released a video today with a ton of butt hurt from not getting invitations from Ford on the Bronco launch. They're not the only ones, but they are one of the biggest.

So upset that people are praising Bronco without driving one and has it challenging their beloved Wrangler and Jeep products. Trash talking internet influencers, even though that's sort of what they are and getting paid to say good things about a vehicle.

Don't think any of us fail to understand this "influencer" business model and the Instagoogletweetface and YouTube culture, we're over 10 years on now.

This father and son combo is pretty good and I watch them pretty regular, the dad has some skill on trails and his opinion is worth a listen. But man, they are pissed at being banned.

One big point being made by the pair is that the unveil and eventual deliveries are so far apart that momentum will be lost on the Bronco due to the hype fading. I call BS on that; you either want an off road beast that can go topless and doorless or you don't and there isn't another one coming online in the market any time soon.

Bronco and Jeep are basically Step bros

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great take on the obvious here. The TFL dad has been butt hurt about Ford telling them to remove some photos they had of the Bronco.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

I like watching TFL Offroad/Truck/Car/Now, but you can tell they ALWAYS have a FCA bias in the decisions and reporting. I feel like I already know this so it doesn't bother me, it was really apparent when Ford Raptor won the best truck vote by a significant margin on their own poll.

They seem to have a very cozy relationship with FCA like none of the other manufacturers.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with most of what you said, but the one part I do not agree with is that part above.

Take into consideration that the hard core guys or just in general the Bronco guys will still be there (I fall into the latter). But that still is only a fraction of what total sales will be. It's the rest of the population that Ford is gunning for to make the Bronco a success. They are the ones that over time will fade away. 10+ months is a long time when it comes to sales. I know of a few at my office (that you'd never guess would ever own a Bronco) that jumped on that train, but I can easily see them bailing before 1st deliveries start.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kudos to Ford for sticking to their word. These are all “reveal” press events. That’s what Ford said they couldn’t come to.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like watching TFL Offroad/Truck/Car/Now, but you can tell they ALWAYS have a FCA bias in the decisions and reporting. I feel like I already know this so it doesn't bother me, it was really apparent when Ford Raptor won the best truck vote by a significant margin on their own poll.

They seem to have a very cozy relationship with FCA like none of the other manufacturers.
i agree. i still think you don't leak info or get on a company's (or anyone's) bad side if you want to be included with things. don't leak it out, don't cause issues and you'll get some cake. and yes, they always push FCA. seems like the father mentions something about ford banning them every video they make.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be fair though, there really isn't very much value in a vehicle review from a passenger.

All the reviews from that event were just fluff
Yep.

One video the "reviewer" lamented how quiet and solid the Bronco was. Another talked about how much it rattled.

None of the content mattered much other than the visuals.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should be happy they only got a little slap on the hand by Ford. If you leak pictures or info to the web and you are an employee you get your walking papers.