First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the wait is finally over, picked her up this afternoon. Not including tax, I walked away at $363.35 over MSRP because I included 8 years/100,000 miles Premium Care $0 deductible (added 1st day rental, enhanced rental and interior and exterior lighting) + 8/100,000 Service / Maintenance w/7500 mile intervals (it includes all schedule service, plus brake pads, windshield wipers, clutch, etc.) and LoJack. This was using my PP money + my Ford Pass rewards. They matched Granger pricing and discounted the maintenance plan as well as the LoJack. Riata Ford in Manor, TX did an awesome job and this was one of my best car buying experiences (and this is my 48th new car purchase). And it looks like the only things I'll have to pay for the next 8 years are tires, gas, and insurance! And of course mods.

2023 Badlands 2.3l, Lux Package, Tow Package, MT and Roof Rack. 775 days from Reservation to delivery.

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build img_0809-xl-

That's my '18 Miata Club BBS/Brembo/Recaro package in gunmetal grey and a cherry roof, yes MT. I only had 6500 miles on her. I would of liked to of kept her, but I obviously didn't drive it much so it made the most financial sense as I only lost 8K for what I paid for her back in 2018.

The other vehicle I own is a 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison Extended Cab Diesel and a Schutt X-Venture X-V2 trailer.

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0530-XL

I'm not going to modify the Bronco to the extent that I have modified my Bison. The Bronco will become my daily driver and used for quick/weekend trips.

I'm starting with protection and convenience items. Here's what I already have waiting to go on my Bronco:
  • Go Fast Camper Superlite RTT (80lbs) [installed using GFC's Superlite Quick Release mounts]
  • RoofNest LiteWing Awning (30lbs) [installed using TrailRax's Modular Roof Rack 90 Bracket Low-Profile]
  • Broaddict extra Cross Bar [installed 2/17/23] [uninstalled because went with TrailRax roof rack]
  • Sasquatch Fender Flares [installed 2/8/23]
  • Mabett Center Console organizer [installed 2/23/23]
  • Mabett Backseat Cover Protectors [installed 2/10/23]
  • Rigid Industries Dual Pod A-Pillar mount kit. (Haven't purchased lights yet)
  • Rigid Industries 40" SR-Pro light bar [installed 3/2/23]
  • Maxina Fit Sunglass Holder [never received it]
  • Mabett Mudflaps, no logo [installed 2/9/23] [one cracked, Mabett sending me another one]
  • Rough Country Spare Tire Reinforcement Bracket (Ended up deciding not to use this)
  • Klutchtech Woven Paracord Grab Handles [installed 2/9/23 and 2/20/23 for the rear)
  • Cartaoo Crash bar caps [installed 2/9/23, the Mabett mudflaps wouldn't fit with the rear ones, so only installed the forward ones]
  • Havoc Offroad Door Entry Guards [installed 2/18/23]
  • Ford Everglades rims (this is total vanity on my part, I love these rims) (still waiting to be delivered) [Grudge Motorsports never sent, contacted CC company to get my money back]
  • Badass Moto Gear roll bar Fire Extinguisher mount and Buckeye 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher [installed 2/20/23]
  • Aeroskin II Black Textured Trail Armor Hood Deflector
  • UVS 100 Custom Sunscreen
  • Console Vault Rear Underfloor Safe
  • Redarc Trailer Brake Control Package. (My Trailer is 1200lb dry and GVM is 3500lb, so the Bronco should tow it well)
  • Harbor Freight 8,000lb Hand Winch Puller (I have a ComeUP winch on my Bison).
  • Torx Plus Bit set [2/9/23]
  • Fero Void: Bronco Door Handle Pockets [installed 2/9/23, don't get them, their pictures show they match the door plastic, instead they are cheap black]
  • Fero Cache: Cargo liner for Rear subfloor [installed 2/10/23]
  • Ford Accessories Cargo rug [installed 2/15/23] [uninstalled due to the slide-out tailgate]
  • CDT ES 643 3 way speaker components [installed just the 6.75" woofer in the kick panels 2/15/23]
  • CDT ES-4X 4" coaxial speakers for the dash and rear pods. [installed 2/18/23 the rear speakers, wouldn't fit in the dash]
  • CDT Audio CL-4EX 4" coaxial speakers for the dash speakers. [installed 2/22/23]
  • Fast Daddy (eBay) 300hz bass blocker wire harness kit for the speakers. [installed]
  • Ring Car Cam [installed 2/17/23]
  • Overland Kitted Spare Tire Matrax/Rotopax Mount [installed 2/16/23]
  • Ford Performance Hood Struts [installed 2/25/23]
  • TrailRax Modular Roof Rack w/ Pax Rax [installed 3/23]
  • BRONCO 3-DOOR SIDE - LH/RH DOOR, FENDER, ROCKER BODY APPEARANCE KIT (think this will help with rock chips) [ordered 2/20/23]
  • BuiltRight Industries rear Molle panels [installed 3/20/23]
  • Ford Slide-Out Tailgate [installed 3/29/23, removed the back seats and the BuiltRight Industries Molle Panels] - Yes you can fit it in a 2-door.
Things I plan or I'm think about getting:
  • Rubber Hitch Plug
  • sPOD touchscreen system, I have this in my Bison and like being able to dim the lights and use my Phone to turn things on and off, it's this or I might try Garmin's as I have a Garmin Overlander and a Garmin TredXL Overland.
  • Lensun Solar 65 watt solar panel for the hood.
  • Ditch lights
  • Laser spot lights
  • Backup lights
  • Storage lighting
Items I already own that will be used between the Bison and the Bronco
  • ARB Portable Twin Air Compressor w/ Tank
  • Indeflate 2 Hose
  • All recovery gear (straps, ropes, shackles, maxtrax, etc.)
  • All Tools
  • First Aid Kits
  • Tire Repair Kits
  • Garmin TredXL Overlander
  • GMS handhelds
  • Ecoflow Delta 2 and Extra battery [installed a Victron DC DC Converter to charge it at 30 amps and 24-30 volts]
  • Ecoflow gas/propane smart generator
  • All Camping equipment
  • Portable Solar Panels/Blankets
  • Geyser heated System, going to try it out as a way of cleaning using less water.
  • Added a 170w SunPower flexible Solar Panel to the Superlite.

I've always used Baja Design lights, but I got such a deal on the Rigid Light bar off of Ebay, that was to good to pass up, so we'll see how they compare.

First Mod:

Installed the Sasquatch Fenders. I know it doesn't look as good (do think the mudflaps will help here), but my Bison does the same as the Bronco when going through mud, puddles, snow, etc. No one likes to grab the door handle when it's covered in muck, no one wants gravel/rocks flying into the door. So I'm taking function over cool looking.

It rained this morning in Austin, so the streets were drying bringing it home and a lot of puddles, at least I didn't have to clean off mud.

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0814-XL

Decently packed:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0815-XL

Pet peeve of mine, QR code for instructions, I'm fine for using less paper, but they do to make more money, it's not like we receive the discount:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0816-XL

The labels are good, tell you where they go RR being rear FR being front and LH and RH:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0817-XL

Was surprised it was dirty under here, perhaps some weatherstripping on the flare will stop water from getting up here?

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0822-XL

Does make the tires look smaller:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0823-XL

Washed the dirt of with a waterless wash and wax:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0825-XL

And used 303 Protectant on the new flares:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0824-XL

Tight fit the garage, had to clear about 2 1/2 feet in the front, obviously the Miata was much shorter:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0826-XL

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0827-XL

And by the way, when I had this house built, I wanted to do epoxy on the floors, and I'm one of those people that usually do a lot of research and found epoxy has to be redone like every 10 - 15 years, and they have to diamond grind the old epoxy off. With what they were charging for it, I didn't want to have to do that again. I ended up getting Italian color through porcelain tile. The tile was the cheap part, but had the installers lay an uncoupling membrane and the tile on top of that, and expansion joints. The uncoupling stops water and vapor coming up through the concrete, it also stops movement and cracks from transferring up to the tile. The expansion joints will compress and expand on their own, so should there be movement in the concrete below these will take that impact. It ended up costing twice as much as doing the epoxy.

It's so easy to keep clean (thank you Romba vacs and mops) and it's tough. Hi-lift jacks have fallen on it, chemicals have spilled on it (synthetic grout is chemical and heat tolerant), I've dropped tools, etc. It's never chipped and will probably be there longer than the house is. You can actually tell what exactly is dripping from your vehicles. It is an investment, but if you can do it, it's worth it IMO.

Also, going with commercial tile, you can get matching coved baseboard tile and grip lines set in the tile for steps.

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0837-XL

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0838-XL

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build IMG_0839-XL
Sponsored

Last edited:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

T-Minus 5 minutes before your thread title gets changed or your thread gets deleted.

OP
OP
emulous74

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see why, this is what I go by on youtube and other forums. It's not political, it's just representation. I know I'm not the only gay one here, but a lot of gay folks don't feel welcomed in vehicle forums and overland forums. I've been harassed off some forums. So if I'm out on here, others will feel welcome and I usually receive PM's thanking me for doing so.

I flew a flag at my first and second Overland Expos and was surprised how many folks came up and thanked me. That's why I do it. Even Outside Online picked my truck as one of the best and asked me to keep the flag on my truck when they took this picture:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build Bison%20pride-XL

Last edited:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats on getting your Bronco!
Looking forward to your journey.
You have similar things on your list that I am wanting to/going to get at some point.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

T-Minus 5 minutes before your thread title gets changed or your thread gets deleted.
Why - Because the OP is presumably gay? Who cares?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not going to modify the Bronco to the extent that I have modified my Bison.

I'm starting with protection and convenience items. Here's what I already have waiting to go on my Bronco:
  • Go Fast Camper Superlite RTT (80lbs)
  • RoofNest LiteWing Awning (30lbs)
  • Broaddict extra Cross Bar
  • Sasquatch Fender Flares [installed 2/8/23]
  • Mabett Center Console organizer
  • Mabett Backseat Cover Protectors
  • Rigid Industries Dual Pod A-Pillar mount kit. (Haven't purchased lights yet)
  • Rigid Industries Roof Rack Mount kit/ Rigid Industries 40" SR-Pro light bar
  • Maxina Fit Sunglass Holder
  • Mabett Mudflaps, no logo
  • Rough Country Spare Tire Reinforcement Bracket (Plan to add my Maxtrax and a Rotopax to the spare tire)
  • Klutchtech Woven Paracord Grab Handles
  • Cartaoo Crash bar caps
  • Havoc Offroad Door Entry Guards
  • Ford Everglades rims (this is total vanity on my part, I love these rims) (still waiting to be delivered)
  • Badass Moto Gear roll bar Fire Extinguisher mount and Buckeye 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher
  • Aeroskin II Black Textured Trail Armor Hood Deflector
  • UVS 100 Custom Sunscreen
  • Console Vault Rear Underfloor Safe
  • Redarc Trailer Brake Control Package. (My Trailer is 1200lb dry and GVM is 3500lb, so the Bronco should tow it well)
  • Harbor Freight 8,000lb Hand Winch Puller (I have a ComeUP winch on my Bison).
  • Torx Plus Bit set.
Things I plan or I'm think about getting:
  • Rubber Hitch Plug
  • sPOD touchscreen system, I have this in my Bison and like being able to dim the lights and use my Phone to turn things on and off, it's this or I might try Garmin's as I have a Garmin Overlander and a Garmin TredXL Overland.
  • BRONCO 3-DOOR SIDE - LH/RH DOOR, FENDER, ROCKER BODY APPEARANCE KIT (think this will help with rock chips)
  • TrailRax Modular Roof Rack w/ Pax Rax
  • Lensun Solar 65 watt solar panel for the hood.
  • Ditch lights
  • Laser spot lights
  • Backup lights
  • Storage lighting
Items I already own that will be used between the Bison and the Bronco
  • ARB Portable Twin Air Compressor w/ Tank
  • Indeflate 2 Hose
  • All recovery gear (straps, ropes, shackles, maxtrax, etc.)
  • All Tools
  • First Aid Kits
  • Tire Repair Kits
  • Garmin TredXL Overlander
  • GMS handhelds
  • Ecoflow Delta 2 and Extra battery
  • Ecoflow gas/propane smart generator
  • All Camping equipment
  • Portable Solar Panels/Blankets

I've always used Baja Design lights, but I got such a deal on the Rigid Light bar off of Ebay, that was to good to pass up, so we'll see how they compare.
We went from “I’m not gonna ball out” to “completely ballin out”. A rollercoaster of emotions. Can’t wait to see the build

berts

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
looking good!

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a good starting list! How do you like the go fast superlite RTT? Was initially looking for one but then they stopped making them. I’ve got the inspired overland RTT-also super lightweight-hoping to see how it does in colder weather soon

OP
OP
emulous74

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a good starting list! How do you like the go fast superlite RTT? Was initially looking for one but then they stopped making them. I’ve got the inspired overland RTT-also super lightweight-hoping to see how it does in colder weather soon
I was one of the ones that pre-ordered it originally a few years back, but I actually haven't used it yet. I have an IKamper X-cover 1.0 on my trailer, and I've been using quick setup/Take down ground tents a lot recently (Decathlon 2 second and Gazelle), as my 2 year old dog won't let me raise him to the RTT. But I think it will be perfect for the 2-door Bronco and I'll report my thoughts on it compared to the X-cover and my previous Alu-cab.

I'm just surprised that I'll be able to have an RTT and Awning on the stock roof rack and still meet the miserable dynamic weight limits.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see why, this is what I go by on youtube and other forums. It's not political, it's just representation. I know I'm not the only gay one here, but a lot of gay folks don't feel welcomed in vehicle forums and overland forums. I've been harassed off some forums. So if I'm out on here, others will feel welcome and I usually receive PM's thanking me for doing so.

I flew a flag at my first and second Overland Expos and was surprised how many folks came up and thanked me. That's why I do it. Even Outside Online picked my truck as one of the best and asked me to keep the flag on my truck when they took this picture:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build BCEE85D9-F70D-4291-87C7-0450CD42164C
Right on! Representation is important. People think orientation and identity are totally inseparable - to the extent that folks are either surprised I'm a dude who has a boyfriend, or surprised I enjoy off roading. The main reason is that the image people have of each of these camps is that they're monolithic, homogenous groups, because that's all they usually see. Thanks for stepping up, man.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I looked over your list of things that are interchangeable between the Bison and Bronco. Seems to me you left off your venture trailer. Oh, wait, 2D and 16 gallons of fuel, and your Bison is completely kitted out and diesel. You’ve clearly thought this through. Never mind. My other tow vehicle is a one ton diesel and feels only slightly better than having the axles welded directly to the frame while off-road, so my thought process is different.

Also, no need to apologize for simply wanting Everglades rims. Everglades rims aren’t one of the things that’s gonna get you eaten around here. 20s? 20s are like blood in the water here at 6G. Enjoy your new Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: