First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think ANYONE has actually forgotten COVID happened. Could you make more of stupid of a statement? Stop being an Covid-Karen and assuming people complaining (rightfully so) about a product they spent money on and were promised is about disregarding the pandemic.
How clueless are you? How could ANYONE have known that the pandemic was going to happen, that it was going to force lock-downs across the GLOBE. Manufacturing across the board has been delayed due to shutdowns at every level of the supply chains. Plants have been shuttering every time there is an internal outbreak; production delays keep being extended to keep workers safe and here you are crying like a child.

The money we all spent on a Bronco is refundable (unless you are dealing with a dealership that required a non-refundable deposit) and Ford is still making your damned Bronco it is just taking longer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Billions of dollars in development zero in customer research ,lets put the manual only with the small engine ,lets make the top engine a v6 its a bronco it should have a v8.
I will agree their market research could have been a bit less fly by the seat of their pants. Here is hoping that they listen to feedback and allow Bronco enthusiasts the ability to build the Bronco they want. (within reason)

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, it’s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? It’s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They could’ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said “Hey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didn’t we?” They could’ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They could’ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didn’t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They could’ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships would’ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didn’t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that it’s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. I’m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think they’ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really don’t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. That’s exactly what today’s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and they’re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So let’s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know I’ve said this before, but I’m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border 😉) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course I’m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldn’t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

(Edit after the fact, felt bad that I said all this about our great nation without mentioning our upcoming holiday)

Also, to cap this off everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend! I know we’ve got a ton of vets on here, and Bronco wouldn’t be possible without our military that even makes the United States possible. Many have given their lives as well to make sure we live the amazing modern life we have as well, bottoms up to those selfless men and women and our current/former service members. 🍻
💯 agree!!!
Like I keep saying on here.. for all the impatient First world whiners!
“It will all work out in the end!”
Dammit!!!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What they are giving us is even more revolutionary than when they introduced us to the first Raptor. I mean remember when everything ford made looked like a taurus?

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ehhh, supply chain constraints are real. Hyundai can’t even keep Santa Fe’s on the lot. I think it has less to do with “going balls to the wall” and more to do with “everyone is screwed.”
I was just at my Hyundai dealer and their lots are full.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The automotive industry is slated to lose $110 billion in 2021. Now, I do agree that Ford has done a piss poor job of communication. But, I think they had all these unknowns that they had to try to forecast with. If they had been able to see the future, I doubt they would have even announced it and just waited.

Toyota and Hyundai had stockpiled chips and it’s taken a while for the issue to catch up to them. It’s kind of funny that the company that pioneered “just in time” manufacturing was stockpiling Inventory.

It is what it is. Some people aren’t going to understand it if you laid it in front of them.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The supply problem is huge, and no one seems to have any true forecast on anything to be able to accurately predict production of anything.

I work in the construction supply business and right now we tell our customers, it may be next week it may be 6 months from now. Right now our suppliers have no answers from their suppliers. "We know there is a container of xxx out in the ocean", that's the best answer we can get on many things.

Hopefully, some production will come back to the US, now that many companies have seen the issues with importing everything. But I doubt it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know it’s hard, but if this whole thing is really pissing you off and causing you mental anguish then really the best thing to do is forget about it. Kinda like my crypto balance🤦‍♂️😂. Was in the habit of checking it everyday just for shits and giggles, now after the bottom fell out last week I’m just pretending it doesn’t even exist. And hopefully in a year from now I’ll open my crypto wallets and be rich!

So maybe it would be helpful to pretend your reservation/order doesn’t exist, until one day you get that glorious email. Or if you’re in a tough spot and need a vehicle now, then just completely walk away.🤷‍♂️ The Bronco will be readily available in a few years whenever you want to come back. (Although good luck finding exactly what you want on a dealer lot, or not way overpaying on a used car.)
This and what @Nickp wrote.

And, because I am an optimist, I will offer another perspective ...pricing. Used car prices are skyrocketing. There is a supply/demand issue on new cars causing a scarcity of products. The ability to lock in your 2021/22 Ford Bronco at July 2020 pricing is a big positive.

Also, if you are selling a used car, you might be able to reap some profits and increased $$ to out towards the new Bronco.

My .02 cents or now $.16 with inflation.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I am very excited for the Bronco, the communication has been absolute trash, and the constant rule changes are aggravating to say the least.

Adding dealer allocation as a metric determining when you get your order after the Initial implication that time stamp would be a bigger driver seems like a dirty underhanded bait and switch.

Asking people to order while even an estimated delivery date was still several months out was already a hard ask. Now Ford has re-negged on even giving a rough estimate. I didn’t expect much, but even if they’d said “this may change due to commodities, but current projection gives a build estimate of Q3 2021” I would be happy.

Instead we are told that we won’t get any further updates until a vin is assigned, and that all of the options that make the Bronco so awesome are likely to delay your delivery. Hard tops being constrained is especially difficult for those who ordered 2 door like myself, because there is no alternative (besides switching to a 4 door, spending more money, and not even getting what you wanted).

Still, my biggest gripe is that I placed an order for a 2021 Bronco, and I have no idea if I will get it, or if I will get a 2022 at the end of next year. I would understand a non-binding estimate, things happen, and I can understand delays, but right now Ford is asking everyone who placed an order to sit and hang on and maybe get the Bronco they ordered sometime within 2 years of ordering.

I'm still holding my order, but for the first time I am beginning to think that I need to pick a date, after which if I have not received even a rough estimate of delivery, I will have to walk.
I agree with you, a non binding estimate would have been fine, especially if you don't have constraints like the hard top in your order

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember, they're cranking out the new Ranger, and the old F-150s just fine.
Seeing as my local dealer, who has space for 100 new vehicles in the heart of truck country currently has 7 new vehicles, I'd say no, they aren't cranking out Rangers and F-150s just fine.

My organization is finishing two major group housing remodels. The construction company couldn't get shower curtains and had to send the paint guy a couple hours down the road to get paint.

The world is screwed up. It's gonna be that way for a while.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like a lot of others I'm frustrated to not get my bauble when I want it. As the great philosopher Veruca Salt once said " I want a [Bronco], and I want it NOW!"

Bit I like the sentiment of your post @Nickp.

One small quibble though... Ford is being disingenuous when it says its doing EVERYTHING it can to get Broncos in the hands of customers.

I originally ordered mine with dual tops, soft and mod. I changed to MIC / soft like a good little consumer, then was told "sooorrryyy, can't let you order dual tops!"

Now I'm being told I can't order a soft top with the hookups so I could (however I might be able to) buy a hard top later and have it functional.

Not because of COVID. Not because of parts constraints. Because Ford doesn't want to change its build procedures and spend an extra $11 per Bronco.

So I do have a little "don't piss on me and tell me it's raining" attitude about that in particular and I think I'm 100% justified.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The original post is a bit of rationalization for those who still didn’t get a build date, but the underlying premise is solid. I just saw a “Blazer” in traffic. WTF?

Ford is on top of the game, concept-wise. When the big K-5 dominated sales in the ‘70s, Ford finally had to buck up and be a follower with the Gen 2 Bronco.

Gen 6 is the coolest fucking vehicle “out” now. Category leader.
Sponsored