First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing I'm bummed about is not having information to make an informed adjustment. For example, I have a two-door (hardtop), so who really knows when I'll be scheduled. I also have a tow package. I'd happily give up the tow package if that meant the difference between getting it in August vs. say December. But there's really no way to know now. I was hoping the May estimated build date would tell me if, with the tow bar, my build date was going to be later than I liked. I would then have the option to remove the tow bar for an earlier build. And I think what Ford is saying that the next communication to me will be when I get my VIN, at which point, it would be too late to change anything.

It's not the end of the world. Probably what it means is that If I don't hear anything by a certain date, I will 99 to '22.
If Ford could Iā€™m sure they would, but I think thereā€™s just so many variables that trying to give an estimate would just be impossible. The ā€œdeadly sinsā€ are a good overview, but if youā€™ve got a hard top... yeah itā€™s gonna be tough.
Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, itā€™s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? Itā€™s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They couldā€™ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said ā€œHey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didnā€™t we?ā€ They couldā€™ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They couldā€™ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didnā€™t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They couldā€™ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships wouldā€™ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didnā€™t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that itā€™s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. Iā€™m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think theyā€™ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really donā€™t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. Thatā€™s exactly what todayā€™s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and theyā€™re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So letā€™s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know Iā€™ve said this before, but Iā€™m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border šŸ˜‰) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course Iā€™m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldnā€™t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.
This was totally my mindset until... well... until it wasn't. I think right now, at least for me, is a time that I need to vent some frustration. I haven't lost sight of the big picture, but I want to make sure that the world knows... I'm a little bit pissed off right now. :)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has only invested about $3 Billion dollars into Bronco development
Where does this figure come from? Not questioning it, but I haven't seen any stories about Ford's development costs.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where does this figure come from? Not questioning it, but I haven't seen any stories about Ford's development costs.
I havenā€™t heard that exact number but I have heard that a new vehicle costs well over a billion dollars to get into production, and Bronco would definitely be a lot higher just due to its unique features.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah the 4 door bronco top is easier to remove than a 4 door jeep hard top. THERE IS NO TOP!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. They gave us nothing so far, just promises that they backtrack on time after time. They continued to string folks along until they couldn't do it any longer, they flat out admitted it in the email.

Blaming C19 for missing deadlines that were made after six months or, in some cases, a year into the C19 response is ludicrous. Would any members here not take the current lockdowns into account when making future promises? Of course not. I am disappointed that Ford isn't taking responsibility for the suppliers they chose and the broken deadlines they set, instead blaming others, including a whole bunch of unspecified hurdles that weren't Ford's fault for not anticipating. Guess what, it is their business, they should be able to anticipate and adapt, not deflect blame and cry victim about how it's costing them millions in outlays. Why is it costing them anything if they are blameless?

I am in no hurry for a Bronco, nor am I upset at the delays and incompetence at Ford, I am upset about the lack of respect they show the converted res holders by pretending all is well until the last second they can get away with it. It is disrespectful to the folks that would move along to something else if they knew the actual situation, is is disrespectful to people who believed they would get a vehicle soon and tied up deposit money they might need to go elsewhere, and it shows contempt for all of us. it was to be expected with the addition of allocations, over 3000 Priority orders, an unknown number of VIP (folks that Ford feels are more important then you are) orders and so on. See, we all anticipated a bad news email based on past performance...

Some folks will defend Ford no matter what, their prerogative, but Ford has been in the business of making vehicles for more than a century, including a year during the current climate, they should have a clue and own their mistakes.

If my Bronco shows up before I find something better for me, I will enjoy it, otherwise I'll enjoy something else. I was 95% ignoring anything Ford claims is going to happen with the Bronco, now I'll assume 100% of it is BS and I suspect a great many others will as well.. Not a great start for building a Bronco brand.

Edit; For the rebuttal that Ford has made some, get back to me when they have made some that they can legally sell.

Last edited:

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm. Some good points. Still a lot of disappointment.

I do agree wholeheartedly about the opportunity we all have to be in the position to dream of, order and eventually own one. At the same time, I don't think that opportunity happened to any of us by accident. I bet to a person we all have worked very hard in life to get to this moment.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

68efdf08c0b12dda3cc0193d09ea2a02.gif

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel free to roast me
*Gets instantly banned*

Great post. Tension is high on this forum, especially this afternoon. Weā€™re all at our wits end right now. But the funny thing is, as soon as we get our Broncoā€™s and theyā€™re in our driveways, weā€™ll forget this all happened (for the most part).

As a new customer to Ford, Iā€™m really annoyed as I think this is a complete dumpster fire and my perspective of the brand is not good right now. Iā€™m also smart enough to know it doesnā€™t always play out like this, and hoping the vehicle quality, performance, etc. are all there to really show me what Ford has to offer.

And at the end of the day, thereā€™s a lot of crap going on in the world right now. We could all be in a much worse situation, so we should be thankful for what we have.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective...
Back in any of the many working years I spent as a road warrior, my least favorite airline was always the one I most recently flew.

Perhaps it is the case that ALL auto manufacturers make similar dumb mistakes to what Ford has done on Bronco; I'm just not privy to them. By virtue of this forum and Many months of pandemic seclusion I know an embarrassingly large amount about Bronco. I'm not proud of the fact that I know the name of the employee who selected the seat thread color; but it is what it is.

The good news is all the negative feelings will dissipate once you're behind the wheel and enjoying your own Bronco.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the funny thing is, as soon as we get our Broncoā€™s and theyā€™re in our driveways, weā€™ll forget this all happened (for the most part).
This is one of my main takeaways. A few years from now this will all be a great takeaway. Lifeā€™s too short of an adventure to spend it being this mad about stuff.
No. They gave us nothing so far, just promises that they backtrack on time after time. They continued to string folks along until they couldn't do it any longer, they flat out admitted it in the email.
Yā€™know, I donā€™t think youā€™re necessarily wrong about this. I just think that Ford was hoping that things were going to improve in the supply chain faster than they have, or at least that things would taper off. Just look at this chart.
Ford Bronco Thank God Ford bit off more than they could chew 50E332CC-CF90-469E-9A86-275798D6BDC5

Unprecedented. If anyone could have predicted that, theyā€™d be a millionaire. And thatā€™s just one example, between that, chips, machines, labor shortages, it all adds up. Ford was being optimistic and hoping they could deliver us good news. But itā€™s clear things went the other way. And theyā€™re having to come to terms with that, and at least theyā€™re being transparent.

At least no price increases even with the price of steel going up right?

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, itā€™s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? Itā€™s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They couldā€™ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said ā€œHey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didnā€™t we?ā€ They couldā€™ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They couldā€™ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didnā€™t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They couldā€™ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships wouldā€™ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didnā€™t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that itā€™s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. Iā€™m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think theyā€™ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really donā€™t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. Thatā€™s exactly what todayā€™s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and theyā€™re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So letā€™s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know Iā€™ve said this before, but Iā€™m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border šŸ˜‰) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course Iā€™m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldnā€™t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘great positivity.

I understand the constraints with production and
leave it to, it will get here when it gets here.

Its a great vehicle, and a great value even in Base form.

I'm not getting a Badlands with all that super great tech and capability; just a Base 2 Door with a twin turbo V6, the least expensive I could get (though I would like more capability; but that be pricey).

I'm ok with them building our stuff well and in a safe manner (yall MAP workers take care) and I'll be getting mines next year.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eff that. Give me my shit! I didnā€™t drop $1100 for ā€œweā€™ll let you knowā€ a year later.

Dont sell shit that you canā€™t deliver.
Sponsored