redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm. Some good points. Still a lot of disappointment.

I do agree wholeheartedly about the opportunity we all have to be in the position to dream of, order and eventually own one. At the same time, I don't think that opportunity happened to any of us by accident. I bet to a person we all have worked very hard in life to get to this moment.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry, I work in a company that has to sell things strongly. Ford has done the reveal, the R&D, the sales very well. Their production planning hasn't been so good. Remember, they're cranking out the new Ranger, and the old F-150s just fine. Don't they build 900,000 F-150s a year, and probably 300,000 Rangers, mustangs and cats and dogs? They are bringing out a new electric F-150, new Explorer types, everything. But a paltry 100,000 Broncos is taking a year longer than they expected. When Webslack couldn't make tops this January, they should have hustled to find another supplier.

They lied to the potential buyers, saying "you'll know in MAY when you'll get yours!! You can wait until MAY right?! Reserve now, and then we'll tell you!!" Then they weaseled out and said "shut up and color, we'll tell you when your freeking Bronco is ready". No apology, just smug marketing words and a big, fat, "No".

Feels good, doesn't it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I work in a company that has to sell things strongly. Ford has done the reveal, the R&D, the sales very well. Their production planning hasn't been so good. Remember, they're cranking out the new Ranger, and the old F-150s just fine. Don't they build 900,000 F-150s a year, and probably 300,000 Rangers, mustangs and cats and dogs. They are bring out a new electric F-150, new Explorer types, everything. But a paltry 100,000 Broncos is taking a year longer than they expected. When Webslack couldn't make tops this January, they should have hustled to find another supplier.

They lied to the potential buyers, saying "you'll know in MAY when you'll get yours!! You can wait until MAY right?!" Then they weaseled out and said "shut up and color, we'll tell you when your freeking Broco is ready".

Feels good, doesn't it?
I mean thereā€™s one other vehicle in the marketplace like Bronco that has a removable hard top. And itā€™s Jeep, not exactly the friendliest group to ask for pointers LOL. Ford is pretty much in uncharted territory, especially since they were even more ambitious with the top than Jeep is. Ford even admits it in the email, that they had the best intentions but it just didnā€™t come to fruition and so theyā€™re laying it all out for us.

And I get being critical. Criticism should be there so Ford can learn and improve. Hell hopefully all of us can use this as a learning experience. But the anger Iā€™ve seen today is beyond crtiticism.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean thereā€™s one other vehicle in the marketplace like Bronco that has a removable hard top. And itā€™s Jeep, not exactly the friendliest group to ask for pointers LOL. Ford is pretty much in uncharted territory, especially since they were even more ambitious with the top than Jeep is. Ford even admits it in the email, that they had the best intentions but it just didnā€™t come to fruition and so theyā€™re laying it all out for us.

And I get being critical. Criticism should be there so Ford can learn and improve. Hell hopefully all of us can use this as a learning experience. But the anger Iā€™ve seen today is beyond crtiticism.
You canā€™t tell me that there isnā€™t a designer left alive from the 90ā€™s that worked on the last gen Bronco that couldnā€™t lend a hand on how to make a top that passes specs. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a manual left lying around somewhere. Is it to the point that we have to walk these kids away from a computer screen and show them how a book works?

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, itā€™s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? Itā€™s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They couldā€™ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said ā€œHey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didnā€™t we?ā€ They couldā€™ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They couldā€™ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didnā€™t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They couldā€™ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships wouldā€™ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didnā€™t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that itā€™s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. Iā€™m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think theyā€™ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really donā€™t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. Thatā€™s exactly what todayā€™s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and theyā€™re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So letā€™s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know Iā€™ve said this before, but Iā€™m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border šŸ˜‰) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course Iā€™m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldnā€™t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

(Edit after the fact, felt bad that I said all this about our great nation without mentioning our upcoming holiday)

Also, to cap this off everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend! I know weā€™ve got a ton of vets on here, and Bronco wouldnā€™t be possible without our military that even makes the United States possible. Many have given their lives as well to make sure we live the amazing modern life we have as well, bottoms up to those selfless men and women and our current/former service members. šŸ»
This is beautiful, man.

Iā€˜m a bit teary eyedā€¦

Iā€˜m a Washington Nationals fan. They won the World Series in 2019 after terrible start. During the press conference after game 7 the manager said, ā€œBumpy roads lead to beautiful places, and this is a beautiful place.ā€œ. This statement means a lot to me, so much so Iā€˜ve got it tattooed on my body. But it think it applies here as well as it does that 2019:baseball season.

Has the road been bumpy for the Bronco? Hell yeah. Is it going to be a beautiful place when we all get our rigs? HELL YEAH!!

Then, weā€™re all going to take these beasts down some bumpy roads to beautiful places all over this great country!

Sponsored

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, itā€™s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? Itā€™s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They couldā€™ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said ā€œHey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didnā€™t we?ā€ They couldā€™ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They couldā€™ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didnā€™t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They couldā€™ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships wouldā€™ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didnā€™t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that itā€™s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. Iā€™m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think theyā€™ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really donā€™t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. Thatā€™s exactly what todayā€™s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and theyā€™re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So letā€™s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know Iā€™ve said this before, but Iā€™m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border šŸ˜‰) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course Iā€™m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldnā€™t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.

(Edit after the fact, felt bad that I said all this about our great nation without mentioning our upcoming holiday)

Also, to cap this off everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend! I know weā€™ve got a ton of vets on here, and Bronco wouldnā€™t be possible without our military that even makes the United States possible. Many have given their lives as well to make sure we live the amazing modern life we have as well, bottoms up to those selfless men and women and our current/former service members. šŸ»
I agreed with the OP
We aught to thank God for for blessing of living in this Great Country.
Thanks to our Vets and active soldiers, airmen, and sailors.
God bless you for your sacrifice and service!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say this like Ford doesnā€™t even want to build the Bronco, or itā€™s from a lack of trying. I made an analogy in another thread, you canā€™t have contingency plans for everything. What happens when youā€™re in the middle of Death Valley and you grenade your transmission? Are you going to just have a spare transmission in your trunk?

Sometimes waiting for the tow truck is the only option.
Nick, in this scenario you should just hop in your buddies truck because you never wheel alone.

For safeties and such! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for starting this thread. No flames from me, just a blankie to help put out the fire.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, I work in a company that has to sell things strongly. Ford has done the reveal, the R&D, the sales very well. Their production planning hasn't been so good. Remember, they're cranking out the new Ranger, and the old F-150s just fine. Don't they build 900,000 F-150s a year, and probably 300,000 Rangers, mustangs and cats and dogs. They are bring out a new electric F-150, new Explorer types, everything. But a paltry 100,000 Broncos is taking a year longer than they expected. When Webslack couldn't make tops this January, they should have hustled to find another supplier.

They lied to the potential buyers, saying "you'll know in MAY when you'll get yours!! You can wait until MAY right?! Reserve now, and then we'll tell you!!" Then they weaseled out and said "shut up and color, we'll tell you when your freeking Bronco is ready". No apology, just smug marketing words and a big, fat, "No".

Feels good, doesn't it?
Actually no.

Dealer lots are rapidly approaching empty. A few weeks ago the local mega dealer had one (1) super duty on the lot and it was used.

And the new vehicle shortage has the used market all jacked up.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford could Iā€™m sure they would, but I think thereā€™s just so many variables that trying to give an estimate would just be impossible. The ā€œdeadly sinsā€ are a good overview, but if youā€™ve got a hard top... yeah itā€™s gonna be tough.
Yeah, I get it, which is why I said "bummed" and not "pissed" or "F Ford" or all the other things I've seen people say. Part of me before was thinking that delays for the hard top were just going to be for four-door people because those were "extra" tops and that since two-doors came standard with hard tops, that wasn't necessarily going to be an issue. Of course, there was no sound basis for that thought, don't ask me where I got it, and it's my own to deal with now that reality is setting in. At least I can take comfort that all the other two-door people are in the same boat as me. šŸ˜„

Now that everything Bronco has been discussed ad nauseam here, there's probably not much reason to come to the forums until I get mine or at least start seeing them in the wild.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate the positive vibe of this thread! But I also have a build date sooooo šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But mad love and thoughts and prayers for those of you without a build date yet ā¤

*edit to sound less douchey* seriously, I feel for all yā€™all with no build date yet. If I had it in me Iā€™d bake everyone some chocolate chip cookies, because cookies make everything better

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know itā€™s hard, but if this whole thing is really pissing you off and causing you mental anguish then really the best thing to do is forget about it. Kinda like my crypto balancešŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚. Was in the habit of checking it everyday just for shits and giggles, now after the bottom fell out last week Iā€™m just pretending it doesnā€™t even exist. And hopefully in a year from now Iā€™ll open my crypto wallets and be rich!

So maybe it would be helpful to pretend your reservation/order doesnā€™t exist, until one day you get that glorious email. Or if youā€™re in a tough spot and need a vehicle now, then just completely walk away.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø The Bronco will be readily available in a few years whenever you want to come back. (Although good luck finding exactly what you want on a dealer lot, or not way overpaying on a used car.)
Oh great! And now you have to go and remind me about my crypto balance... as if the day wasn't bad enough :p

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An appropriate response to so many of lifeā€™s situations

Well I grew up with Clint and his birthday is Monday so I thought it appropriate. šŸ˜

And it was my feelings in response to your post about "worked hard in life" . I have been "at it" since I was 12. ;) I was about to drop some $$$ on my TJ to make a trail rig for the family to enjoy and decided to wait for the Bronco. So I wait patiently even though I am the first res at my dealer. So some of the news hits a sore spot but I shall wait. Good things come to those who wait.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Billions of dollars in development zero in customer research ,lets put the manual only with the small engine ,lets make the top engine a v6 its a bronco it should have a v8.
Sponsored