Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Their indifference and "let them eat cake" attitude motivated me to spend $40K on a new vehicle. I bought it and took delivery yesterday. I have decided to move on. If my rez comes in I can make a decision then.

My dealer said they ordered 6 and they all show as "scheduled" status on Ford's dealer website. Maybe Ford is starting with dealer's with the most orders first? I requested to push out my order to a 2022.
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people keep forgetting Covid ACTUALLY HAPPENED and has effected the supply chain pretty hard. Could things have been done a bit smoother? Sure. I think people need to step back, chill out and get a reality check.
Nicely stated Scabieathrax.

I am in the outdoor business and all of my suppliers are having issues with delivery. Ford is no different that any of my suppliers.

The delays are not their fault, but their suppliers issues.

Be patient and all of us will get our Bronco's. Just remember, it is not Ford's fault for their suppliers delays.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Ford did with the Bronco is almost entirely responsible for bringing me over to the Ford brand in general. I think it's fairly apparent that leadership at Ford cares about vehicle enthusiasts and is working to support our needs. Although I still think it was a huge oversight to not come out of the gate with a manual sasquatch option, smh 🤷‍♂️

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has not produced a damned Bronco. They have only sold an idea of what is possible and have delivered nothing but excuses.
They have produced a few broncos. They are currently being shown at different events/ testing trails in places like Moab/and providing photos for this forum. All of these example broncos rolled of of an assembly line and produced. We might be a little ways away until we get our own bronco, but broncos have been produced.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ordered 2dr MT Badlands High plus tow pkg and winch.
I don't want to change from 2dr man Badlands, but tow pkg, winch, color, topless and wheels can all go away. Only thing to make me happy to wait on '22MY would be knowing I can get bigger engine with MT.
Just tell me so I can drool vs, stew!
Knowledge is power!

Sponsored

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with the OP. Although you state Fords return has been a few million in reservations. Well 100000 reservations at an average 45k selling price is 4.5 billion. So I wouldn’t cry for them too much.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man......spend weekend camping with fam only to come back to absolute disappointment the forum’s Subaru officianado is banned. Wvmtneer had every Subaru models ground clearance precisely measured to the 32nd inch since 1978.

For those that dispute the man’s knowledge I ask you who will we refer to for absolute calculation of the Suburu Forrester's ability to clear ground compared to the Bronco??

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another thing. You can’t read the email from Ford and not laugh. Maybe they didn’t truly know how many res they would get. But after two days and 70% of the the res placed the research team should have known what the orders would be. Just look at jeep and what the ratio for hardtop vs soft is. Pretty sure that would be a good bet as to what to expect.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Makes you wonder how good the Bronco going be. Is it going get recalls lift and right ,if they can't get the hard top right buy now how good is the rest of the Bronco going be but the good news is that it seems Ford making sure there is going be a lot of aftermarket crap for the Bronco and toy Broncos so we now Ford making a butt load of money off that.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The delays are not their fault, but their suppliers issues.
Leaving the fact that they picked their suppliers out of it, nobody is arguing that point. They are upset that Ford has obviously (from the long time pushing soft tops before orders went in) known there was going to be a huge problem and they chose to stay silent and even doubled down with their additional promises before the order banks opened. Just to get people, who work hard for their money, on the hook. There are a lot of folks that put down deposits, some non-refundable. Perhaps tens of thousands across all the reservations. Those folks are stuck losing money if they bail because the wait is too long or their vehicle gives up the ghost. In addition, they have zero idea (again, contrary to the promise Ford chose to make) when it might come, they are on the hook with no good recourse besides losing money or having to jump through hoops to get deposits back that may take weeks even if the dealer agrees and that is 100% the result of Ford choosing to make promises they knew a long time ago that they could not keep. It shows contempt and disrespect to the people who trusted them.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford choosing to make promises they knew a long time ago that they could not keep.
Ford needs an intervention; maybe someone from the Ford family should have folks over for beer & brats.

Their problems literally began at reveal when the Broncos they showcased turned out to be vaporware. I think the subsequent 18 missteps involved missing self-imposed deadlines, intermixed with bumping reservation timeline behind VIPs, priorities, and demos.

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
agreed

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaving the fact that they picked their suppliers out of it, nobody is arguing that point. They are upset that Ford has obviously (from the long time pushing soft tops before orders went in) known there was going to be a huge problem and they chose to stay silent and even doubled down with their additional promises before the order banks opened. Just to get people, who work hard for their money, on the hook. There are a lot of folks that put down deposits, some non-refundable. Perhaps tens of thousands across all the reservations. Those folks are stuck losing money if they bail because the wait is too long or their vehicle gives up the ghost. In addition, they have zero idea (again, contrary to the promise Ford chose to make) when it might come, they are on the hook with no good recourse besides losing money or having to jump through hoops to get deposits back that may take weeks even if the dealer agrees and that is 100% the result of Ford choosing to make promises they knew a long time ago that they could not keep. It shows contempt and disrespect to the people who trusted them.
All I can say to your reply is that no one, had the foresight back in the beginning of 2020 what issues all suppliers were going to have deal with come this year. I know that I did not think we would still be dealing with covid 15 months later, and I have yet to speak to any of my suppliers who thought they would be too.

When you shut down the worlds manufacturing for 4 months, there are going to be issues for a couple of years to bring everything back to pre-covid functionality.

Ford has had many delays in their communications, but this will also be caused by their suppliers not knowing when they are going to be in a position to ship at pre-covid levels. It is difficult to state with any certainly when their production line is going to be running at full pace, when their suppliers themselves can not provide certain dates.

Remember that Ford has thousands of suppliers providing them with product to allow for their builds, and as we know, it only takes a couple of them to jam everything up.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not a Ford proponent per say, but I do know from my business dealings that this issue is across all manufacturing.

Has Ford made mistakes with their communications, you bet, could they have done better, I would hope so, but know they are doing their best to get all of us their Bronco's as soon as they can as that is in their best interests.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Makes you wonder how good the Bronco going be. Is it going get recalls lift and right ,if they can't get the hard top right buy now how good is the rest of the Bronco going be but the good news is that it seems Ford making sure there is going be a lot of aftermarket crap for the Bronco and toy Broncos so we now Ford making a butt load of money off that.
It is written in stone never buy first year ,never test drive in the rain ! So is it written so shall it be done.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have produced a few broncos. They are currently being shown at different events/ testing trails in places like Moab/and providing photos for this forum. All of these example broncos rolled of of an assembly line and produced. We might be a little ways away until we get our own bronco, but broncos have been produced.
Every one of those Broncos have a date with the crusher.
Sponsored