Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drop off fresh donuts monthly to the sales department. It's paying off slowly. Got a bronco summer ball cap last week. At least they know who I am and what I'm buying. Kill them with kindness and reap the rewards!
That's the way!
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drop off fresh donuts monthly to the sales department. It's paying off slowly. Got a bronco summer ball cap last week. At least they know who I am and what I'm buying. Kill them with kindness and reap the rewards!
At around $15 a dozen, I’m not sure your coming out ahead. Depending on when you started your charm offensive, you could be looking at a $100 hat right now. 😂

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most dealerships are supposed to have at least one sales rep that went through a Bronco training class, as well as contacts at Ford for any questions or situations that they're not aware of.
However, dealerships and salespeople in general, don't care or have the motivation to give a damn.
The Bronco isn't going to be what makes them bonuses or huge commission, so why even try? :(
"I don't have any details yet, but can I interest you in the Bronco Sport?!"

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree. At least the latter is entertaining. Lol

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford better be paying royalties to TB12 for those goat modes.

Sponsored

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel you, I went shopping for an Explorer for my wife this weekend and the dealer kept spouting off all of these non-sense with the Bronco and I corrected him on multiple occasions. I mentioned how Granger was doing $2k under invoice and he didn't believe me and said that must be a stupid dealership and why would they just give up millions of dollars, etc......I left without purchasing a vehicle due to the typical sales people BS they were trying to pull.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you are mixing Dealers and Ford. They are not the same, though bound together. Sounds like you are unhappy with your dealers level of knowledge, and that is not really a Ford issue.

Ford has outlined the ordering process and model 21/22 model years in the communications I have received. What is on 6G, is just that information discussed, reformatted and maybe added on, as some dealers have added additional clarification.

The issue is fluid and confusing, and maybe Ford could have communicated better, and maybe not. Whether people like it or not, Covid has changed the world, and it has affected the business world in many ways, often times in ways we cannot perceive from the outside looking into a giant corporation like Ford Motor Company.
I'll add that on top of COVID and a chip shortage that is affecting dealership stock, I just don't think a cyber-launch of a new vehicle really works for an auto manufacturer that distributes product in the traditional Dealership franchise network. It creates two sources of information for the customer to absorb.

I hope Ford learns either a better way to do such a launch next time, or drop the idea altogether. It just an unnatural mix.

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were a Ford Salesman, I would hate Bronco customers to no end.

I really don't get the constant bugging of dealerships that I read about on the forum. Like someone already pointed out; there has been no money made off of the Bronco by a dealership yet. However, the news, probing, nerd inquiries and questions "can I just come and touch it?" BS, and the time lost doing the reservation has to be infuriating to them.

Going to your dealership, your relationship with your dealership, offering over MSRP, none of this is going to help you get your truck any faster, it's just showing OCD by many of the guys here. Please find something more constructive to do with your day instead of obsessing over this thing; it isn't healthy or cute at all.

Leave the dealerships alone, stop stalking your salesperson; they don't care about you. When you get your build date, then you can complete your transaction and just hope they don't hold all of the OCD crap against you when it's time for you to sit down with the finance guy.
I got to be honest - I seriously think I needed to see this. Sometimes it feels like my excitement has allowed something as relatively meaningless as a car take over my life. I’m forgetting that not everyone feels the same way. Expecting good customer service is one thing, but expecting to be contacted every damn week or something just so I can entertain myself while I wait is rather tone deaf.
Way to be straightforward.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel you, I went shopping for an Explorer for my wife this weekend and the dealer kept spouting off all of these non-sense with the Bronco and I corrected him on multiple occasions. I mentioned how Granger was doing $2k under invoice and he didn't believe me and said that must be a stupid dealership and why would they just give up millions of dollars, etc......I left without purchasing a vehicle due to the typical sales people BS they were trying to pull.
Granger has not sold a single Bronco at $2K under invoice.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You must have the best dealerships in the world near you, because most people around me don't know much about their lineups. Every once and a while you get a good one, though.

My family has used the same sales guy for decades, so we know what we're getting - but we also know we usually know more than even he does (when I went to convert my reservation, I brought the order guide with me and he's like "where'd you get that? I don't even have that yet") - I just go in expecting a dealer/sales guy to hopefully know basics and not much else, and then I'm not disappointed, and am pleasantly surprised when I do get the guy that knows a lot.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there any point in which Ford dealers are going to get educated on the Bronco? I've dealt with two different dealers during this process and thanks to this forum (as mostly a lurker), and I knew more than both of them. I've decided to convert my day 1 reservation to a 2022MY for various reasons and went to my dealer to do so today. They tried to tell me that I need to cancel my 2021 reservation and rebook a new 2022 reservation. Had I not been lurking this forum, I would have done just that, since the dealer is supposed to know what they're talking about. Luckily after "checking with their manager" for the third time, he agreed that I could convert my existing reservation to an order, but they wouldn't build it until 2022's are ready. When mentioned a code 99, he looked like a deer in headlights!

I feel like Ford has fumbled this thing from start to finish. If I haven't been wanting a Bronco since I was 4 years old, I would have been long gone by now.

ETA: yes, I blame Ford AND the dealership. Ford has fumbled this launch since the beginning, and the lack of knowledge at the dealership level is one more to add to the list. I get they don't own the dealerships, but if they represented my brand, I'd make sure that basic knowledge of the process is forced upon them.

Ford has supplied plenty of info, as you can tell from the various dealers that paid attention along the way @Zach@Granger @XCR440 @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter and of course yours truly @Gloff

I understand your frustrations, just know it is not all on Ford. I applaud their efforts to make it fair and equitable across the dealer network, as well as for the consumer. (Markups would be nuts under traditional production distribution).

Unfortunately there will always be dealers that aren't paying attention, try to find one that is, and reward them for their efforts, just as many have done with the above mentioned dealers.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Granger has not sold a single Bronco at $2K under invoice.
Using your logic, they haven’t sold one above $2k under invoice either. 😂

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have talked with multiple dealerships and NONE of them know as much as discussed on this forum. All the dealers I have spoken with have shared Ford isn’t providing them information, so shame on Ford. And shame on the dealership and reps. Their business revolves around customers and their needs. There is no reason why each dealership should require a hand full of reps to be experts. In fact, there should be a handful or more that become experts on their own just to know about what is new, etc. I would rather deal with a sales person that only works once a week and is a headache to get time with but is knowledgeable and cares about their profession. I would never dream of responding to my customers with “I don’t know, just have to wait and see”. Good luck with that! I never viewed Ford as a lower level brand but I guess if they want to be viewed that way then I guess will start thinking of them as facial tissue or inline skates vs. Kleenex or rollerblades. Maybe it has to due with covid workforce to. People don’t want to work and companies are afraid to set a minimal expectation in fear of losing the workforce. Case in point, can’t make parts or ship them fast enough and sales people don’t care because they don’t have anything to sell now. I’ll stop ranting...
Sponsored