First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am a day one reservation holder with many of the options that are affected by the delays (Wild Track, MIC, Tow, Lux..) Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share the information and updates about the ordering process, never ending delays, and constant bad news about the roll out of the new Bronco. It is sincerely appreciated.

With that said, I wanted to highlight my frustration with the dealer I chose to work with on my Bronco order. I made my reservation with Apple Ford thinking that going with a high-volume dealer would increase my chances of getting my Bronco early. That was an epic fail. They are about an hour away from where I live, so it isn't easy to walk in and confront them directly. I have been calling and e-mailing the dealer asking for updates, and inquiring about changing my order (dropping the tow package) and not gotten a single response back. The people I talk to always say it is some other persons job and they will have them call me back. I was also curious if it will be possible to switch to a MY22 if the Everglades Green is confirmed, as that is the color I truly want (it hadn't been announced when I placed my order). But until this morning - hadn't gotten any reply.

What is incredible is that my frustrations finally drove me to post a bad review of Apple Ford on Google (I rarely ever leave reviews). So I posted this at about 11:00 AM EDT on 6/26.:

"I’m a day one Bronco reservation holder and I greatly regret having chosen Apple Ford as my dealer. They have been completely incompetent throughout the process and have not communicated anything to me. 100% of the information I have been able to obtain has been through the forums on non-Ford websites from other dealers that have updated their customers throughout the process. When I converted my reservation to an order in January, I knew more about the option packages, codes and combinations than Apple Ford. It was sad. I have called and emailed multiple times and no one can answer my questions and they completely fail to get back to me when they say they will. At this point I want to change my order to increase my chances of getting a MY21, but I can’t get any response. I feel completely helpless. I suppose they have no incentive to take care of me as a customer since the price of the Bronco is locked in. Who knows. Last note - when someone screws up my order at a restaurant, I just eat it and say thanks. I’ve left maybe 4-5 reviews in my entire life. So the fact that I am even posting this should be indicative of my frustration level. Just go somewhere else. These guys don’t care."

Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 1624722126319

And incredibly - I finally got a response from the dealer within 15 minutes!

Apparently there are two Shane Sanders with Bronco orders at Apple Ford! So when he hit reply to my e-mails, apparently they went to the wrong one. Also love the BS in the email. How are these guys not paying attention? Did they not read the mass e-mails Ford sent out on 6/25? Chips had nothing to do with it! Everything I have read about the delays are associated with constraints *other* than the global chip shortage (I read that impacted the Bronco Sport but not the Bronco. Wait--- I wonder if the guys at Apple Ford submitted my order for a Sport and not an actual Bronco! I better call Ford directly and see if they can tell me)

Whatever. Does anyone know if there is a way to change dealers at this point? I am guessing no.

I think the purpose of this post was primarily therapeutic. I'm sure may of us are feeling this way at this point. Thanks for listening. Let's hope the deliveries start rolling out in force sooner than later.

Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 1624728205013
Sponsored

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a day one reservation holder with many of the options that are affected by the delays (Wild Track, MIC, Tow, Lux..) Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have taken the time to share the information and updates about the ordering process, never ending delays, and constant bad news about the roll out of the new Bronco. It is sincerely appreciated.

With that said, I wanted to highlight my frustration with the dealer I chose to work with on my Bronco order. I made my reservation with Apple Ford thinking that going with a high-volume dealer would increase my chances of getting my Bronco early. That was an epic fail. They are about an hour away from where I live, so it isn't easy to walk in and confront them directly. I have been calling and e-mailing the dealer asking for updates, and inquiring about changing my order (dropping the tow package) and not gotten a single response back. The people I talk to always say it is some other persons job and they will have them call me back. I was also curious if it will be possible to switch to a MY22 if the Everglades Green is confirmed, as that is the color I truly want (it hadn't been announced when I placed my order). But until this morning - hadn't gotten any reply.

What is incredible is that my frustrations finally drove me to post a bad review of Apple Ford on Google (I rarely ever leave reviews). So I posted this at about 11:00 AM EDT on 6/26.:

"I’m a day one Bronco reservation holder and I greatly regret having chosen Apple Ford as my dealer. They have been completely incompetent throughout the process and have not communicated anything to me. 100% of the information I have been able to obtain has been through the forums on non-Ford websites from other dealers that have updated their customers throughout the process. When I converted my reservation to an order in January, I knew more about the option packages, codes and combinations than Apple Ford. It was sad. I have called and emailed multiple times and no one can answer my questions and they completely fail to get back to me when they say they will. At this point I want to change my order to increase my chances of getting a MY21, but I can’t get any response. I feel completely helpless. I suppose they have no incentive to take care of me as a customer since the price of the Bronco is locked in. Who knows. Last note - when someone screws up my order at a restaurant, I just eat it and say thanks. I’ve left maybe 4-5 reviews in my entire life. So the fact that I am even posting this should be indicative of my frustration level. Just go somewhere else. These guys don’t care."

1624722126319.png

View attachment 133804

Apparently there are two Shane Sanders with Bronco orders at Apple Ford! So when he hit reply to my e-mails, apparently they went to the wrong one. Also love the BS in the email. How are these guys not paying attention? Did they not read the mass e-mails Ford sent out on 6/25? Chips had nothing to do with it! Everything I have read about the delays are associated with constraints *other* than the global chip shortage (I read that impacted the Bronco Sport but not the Bronco. Wait--- I wonder if the guys at Apple Ford submitted my order for a Sport and not an actual Bronco! I better call Ford directly and see if they can tell me)

Whatever. Does anyone know if there is a way to change dealers at this point? I am guessing no.

I think the purpose of this post was primarily therapeutic. I'm sure may of us are feeling this way at this point. Thanks for listening. Let's hope the deliveries start rolling out in force sooner than later.

View attachment 133798

View attachment 133799
Not sure if you realize that you didn't black out all of the information, so now Quail Spill has been put on blast. In other news - his email signature just says "Very Friendly" - that is so weird!

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can ask them to change your priority to 99. This will make it so it’s built in 2022 and have access to Everglades green. You can also call the bronco hotline and see if you can switch dealers since your unhappy with them. Communication is key. I find out all my info on this forum.

OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if you realize that you didn't black out all of the information, so now XXXXXX has been put on blast. In other news - his email signature just says "Very Friendly" - that is so weird!
Damn - I did not intend to put the individuals name here. He's just the guy that happened to finally respond. Thanks for catching that. I fixed the post. Would be cool if you could edit yours as well. If not - my bad! Sorry XXXX XXXX!

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn - I did not intend to put the individuals name here. He's just the guy that happened to finally respond. Thanks for catching that. I fixed the post. Would be cool if you could edit yours as well. If not - my bad! Sorry Hale Dill!!
I edited it!

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lesson here I guess is if you find a good dealer, never let them go.
Crap, best Ford dealer I’ve had was in Alaska about 4815 miles away.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is zero chance they hit reply to any of your emails and they were sent to another person with the same name. Zero. They probably don't even have another person with the same name with an order, not that hitting reply would ever send an email to the wrong email anyway. I suppose they told you they dialed your phone number to call your back and the line got crossed so he answered as well. You got a response and a BS line because you posted a negative review, that is all they care about. Good luck with them.

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1624722126319.png

View attachment 133799
DUDE.

I reserved/ordered with Apple Ford too. I have to say, every single complaint of yours.. I can attest to. I just posted about having been given the incorrect VIN back in May and not informed of said mistake until yesterday and guess who was responsible? The lovely folks at AF. After not receiving ANY response from my salesman for weeks on end, I told them I’m backing out (I wanted to go to Koons Ford of Baltimore). ONLY THEN did I get a response and they tell me my salesman was promoted to finance, hence why I couldn’t reach him. And to let them know if I changed my mind.

The unfortunate fact is that if you want to keep your place in line, you’re locked into your selected dealer (I attempted to switch dealers and Ford told me that is no longer an option. WTF.). If you don’t mind losing that place in line, you’ll have to back out and re-reserve with a different dealer.

Edit: Additionally, I reserved AGAIN and placed the exact same order with KFB JUST IN CASE AF tries any bull***t. At least I’ll already have a backup place to buy.

Last edited:

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Thank you, Bronco6g (Apple Ford in MD) 1624728205013

View attachment 133799
I am Shane sanders and I got two ViNs with build dates from Apple……

yeah right… what a lame excuse!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckSatan666

BuckSatan666

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
DUDE.

I reserved/ordered with Apple Ford too. I have to say, every single complaint of yours.. I can attest to. I just posted about having been given the incorrect VIN back in May and not informed of said mistake until yesterday and guess who was responsible? The lovely folks at AF. After not receiving ANY response from my salesman for weeks on end, I told them I’m backing out (I wanted to go to Koons Ford of Baltimore). ONLY THEN did I get a response and they tell me my salesman was promoted to finance, hence why I couldn’t reach him. And to let them know if I changed my mind.

The unfortunate fact is that if you want to keep your place in line, you’re locked into your selected dealer (I attempted to switch dealers and Ford told me that is no longer an option. WTF.). If you don’t mind losing that place in line, you’ll have to back out and re-reserve with a different dealer.

Edit: Additionally, I reserved AGAIN and placed the exact same order with KFB JUST IN CASE AF tries any bull***t. At least I’ll already have a backup place to buy.
Sorry to hear that I'm not the only person getting crap service from AF. Thanks for sharing your experience and I kinda figured I'm screwed. Sadly I won't be shocked if AF drops a deuce in the back of my Bronco before I pick it up from them in 2027 since I posted a negative review....

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is zero chance they hit reply to any of your emails and they were sent to another person with the same name. Zero. They probably don't even have another person with the same name with an order, not that hitting reply would ever send an email to the wrong email anyway. I suppose they told you they dialed your phone number to call your back and the line got crossed so he answered as well. You got a response and a BS line because you posted a negative review, that is all they care about. Good luck with them.
100%

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummmm, 2 Shane Sanders, and they were contacting the wrong one replying to your emails. But suddenly, after your review, in 15 minutes they were able to find the right Shane Sanders. I heard some bullshit in my life, but this one takes the cake. I do understand your frustration. As stated already you could have them Code 99 your order, and that will put it on hold until '22. But then you'll have too hope they have enough sense to call you to re-order when the '22 order banks open. Good luck Shane. If it were me I would have already driven to Apple Ford, and had a come to Jesus meeting with those knuckleheads. There is absolutely no reason they should treat their customers like that.

BTW, if you're able to go with another dealer you should copy/paste this thread, and send it to them. They really need to see how their pitiful customer service has been received buy us forum members.

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear that I'm not the only person getting crap service from AF. Thanks for sharing your experience and I kinda figured I'm screwed. Sadly I won't be shocked if AF drops a deuce in the back of my Bronco before I pick it up from them in 2027 since I posted a negative review....
That is both hilarious and terribly sad because I wouldn’t be surprised either.

maneal411

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape/Jeep Sahara 4XE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
DUDE.

Hey.. did you ever get your Bronco? Did they try to up the cost?
Sponsored