First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
My build is finally settled upon, and it took a lot of B&P work to get there. I see Ford wants to push us into higher models. But for me, Ford's pricing model made going cheaper an easy choice. I decided upon the look I like best:

That Carbonized Gray 4d Base looked beautiful. So, that's color for me.

As far as which model (2d):

Base Sasquatch with Floor Mats, Aux switches, Bash Plates, Steel Bumper, and roof cargo carrier, wheel locks, rock rails (subtracting the $1459 B&P error): $40779

Black Diamond with all of the above plus MGV interior, a little badge and white grille letters: $45864

That's +$5000 for the MGV interior. Bonkers.

Finally, Badlands with no sasquatch: $45024
That's +$4500 for the sway bar discos, MGV, badge, and grille.
And no 35" tires, lift or auto transmission.

Since I have never owned a MT, I'm a little leary of the Badlands build.
Though the lack 35s is no loss to me, and the MGV and Sway Bar Discos are nice.

All in all, the Badlands is the biggest contender for my extra cash, but at $4.5K less, I get an AT, 35s, and slight lift associated with the SAS package.

So thank you Ford, you'll not be getting any extra cash from me! I'll probably skip on the rock rails after all, because aftermarket will hopefully be frame mounted.

Now let the new B&P come and screw up my months of effort deciding.

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money BASE.PNG

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money BD.PNG

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money BL.PNG
Sponsored

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then save even more $ and just get the bumper and skid plates aftermarket. You will save more and have a better product. Also if your going auto think about the V6.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then save even more $ and just get the bumper and skid plates aftermarket. You will save more and have a better product. Also if your going auto think about the V6.
I agree here, the above was for an apples-apples comparison. I will likely get the armor-equipment aftermarket as well and give Ford even less of my money!

I might have been tempted to the BD trim, but 5k is too much for MGV seats and a carpet-delete.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regarding the Black Diamond trim ... you also get complete washout interior/floors, not just the seats, rear steel bumper and additional g.o.a.t. modes ...

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base Sasquatch with Floor Mats, Aux switches, Bash Plates, Steel Bumper, and roof cargo carrier, wheel locks, rock rails (subtracting the $1459 B&P error): $40779
Where is the $1495 error? I was just looking at a base 4 door and everything seems to add up for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regarding the Black Diamond trim ... you also get complete washout interior/floors, not just the seats, rear steel bumper and additional g.o.a.t. modes ...
The MGV + washout is a great option. I love it a lot. One of my very favorite options for this vehicle. But at $5k? The floor mats look to have excellent coverage and Katzkin can give me leather or vinyl for $1.5k.

I see the aftermarket flooding this truck with better bumpers and armor meaning a lot of buyers will wind up swapping anyways.

GOAT modes, I don't personally see a lot of value in these. Maybe I'm ignorant of what these really get me offroad.. LOL.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is the $1495 error? I was just looking at a base 4 door and everything seems to add up for me.
Levine has said that for the models which charge $9000 for the sasquatch, that the AT was charged twice and the real price is more like $7500. Not sure if the 4d base was affected.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money Screenshot_20201223-123138_Chrome
my build very close to yours
Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money Screenshot_20201223-123138_Chrome

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Levine has said that for the models which charge $9000 for the sasquatch, that the AT was charged twice and the real price is more like $7500. Not sure if the 4d base was affected.
4 door doesn't seem to be affected.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MGV + washout is a great option. I love it a lot. One of my very favorite options for this vehicle. But at $5k? The floor mats look to have excellent coverage and Katzkin can give me leather or vinyl for $1.5k.

I see the aftermarket flooding this truck with better bumpers and armor meaning a lot of buyers will wind up swapping anyways.

GOAT modes, I don't personally see a lot of value in these. Maybe I'm ignorant of what these really get me offroad.. LOL.
Aftermarket for sure will be flooded soon! Ignorant, no not at all ... I agree goat modes are for those going off road and use them more regularly ... I myself will be only for the beach, getting to the gun range or mudding once in a while ... however mostly pavement ... I'm going to look at the heavily mentioned katzkin interior option now .. curious to what they offer ...

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct, SAS on the 4d is $5790. On the 2d its currently $8980.
Supposedly the $8980 is an errror, the result of charging the 10sp auto trans twice, and the real all-in price for 2-door Base Sas will be $7385. The 4-door Base already comes with the 10sp auto, so the upcharge for Sas is only $5790 ($7385-$1595).

The outrageous part is that the Base 4-door MSRP is $34,795.....which is $6295 higher than the 2-door. All the other 4-door trim levels are about $2500 higher than their 2-door counterparts, but $2500 + $1595 = $4095. Maybe they "charged twice" for the 10sp on the 4-door base, just like they did for the 2-door Sasquatch addition?

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Supposedly the $8980 is an errror, the result of charging the 10sp auto trans twice, and the real all-in price for 2-door Base Sas will be $7385. The 4-door Base already comes with the 10sp auto, so the upcharge for Sas is only $5790 ($7385-$1595).

The outrageous part is that the Base 4-door MSRP is $34,795.....which is $6295 higher than the 2-door. All the other 4-door trim levels are about $2500 higher than their 2-door counterparts, but $2500 + $1595 = $4095. Maybe they "charged twice" for the 10sp on the 4-door base, just like they did for the 2-door Sasquatch addition?
Good theory - makes some sense. However, I think the 2d base is subsidized to get the cost below 30k for marketing purposes. "Starting at $28500 - The all new 2021 Ford Bronco. Born Wild..." And whatnot.

4d Base: $34795 - $1595 (factory AT) = $33200
4d Base - 2d Base = $33200 - $28500 = $4700

That's an apples to apples comparison. Since most trims have a $2500 differential between 4d and 2d, I think the additional $2200 is the amount that it is discounted on the 2d for marketing.

Makes base 2d the best deal for the steel and rubber.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let me just put this here, since people have slightly forgotten that there are serious gearing differences between the models which do have a material impact on the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money Bronco gearin

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me just put this here, since people have slightly forgotten that there are serious gearing differences between the models which do have a material impact on the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money Bronco gearin
But on the SAS its 4.70:1 on all models.
Sponsored