First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non-squatch badlands with 2.3/MT is a solid price comparison on many levels to base+squatch once you take into consideration the interior and exterior upgrades.
Completely agree - The badlands MT is my close second and is also comparatively a pretty nice deal. The BD squatch no so much.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've actually had this same thought for a while. If EVERYTHING was available for order day one (even things Ford has committed to not offering), I'd probably be paying a lot more. My planned build is 4d BL 2.3L MT Lux.

1. 2.7L w/ MT. Add'l $1895. I really could care less about this honestly. 270HP and 310 lb ft is more than any vehicle I've ever had, which includes 2 v8's. I'm not worried about it having sufficient power. I'd say modern powertrain engineering is, in fact, a good replacement for displacement.
2. Man-Squatch - Add'l $2495. I'm unwilling to wait, and after seeing the BL in AZ with 33's, I'm a-ok not getting sasquatch. On a BL, from best I can tell, all 'squatch gets you is bigger tires and different wheels. All the mechanicals are included already.
3. Modular Hard Top - Add'l $1200 (delta of MIC and Modular on 4-door). Aesthetically, I think the black looks better, but I'm willing trade some aesthetics for practicality. I don't have to worry about scratches so much with MIC nor fading and oxidizing from the AZ sun.

This sounds a lot like rationalizing, but I'm ok with that. I couldn't be happier with my build, and I want to thank Ford for keeping ~$4500 in my pocket!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Let me just put this here, since people have slightly forgotten that there are serious gearing differences between the models which do have a material impact on the vehicle.

Bronco gearing.jpg
Yep, those stinkers at Ford. All they'd have to do is offer that 4.27 rear locker on a Base and Big Bend sales would fall flat....well and maybe some optional tires and wheels...and maybe some more cool colors...and privacy glass maybe, but they could keep their leather wrapped steering wheel.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've actually had this same thought for a while. If EVERYTHING was available for order day one (even things Ford has committed to not offering), I'd probably be paying a lot more. My planned build is 4d BL 2.3L MT Lux.

1. 2.7L w/ MT. Add'l $1895. I really could care less about this honestly. 270HP and 310 lb ft is more than any vehicle I've ever had, which includes 2 v8's. I'm not worried about it having sufficient power. I'd say modern powertrain engineering is, in fact, a good replacement for displacement.
2. Man-Squatch - Add'l $2495. I'm unwilling to wait, and after seeing the BL in AZ with 33's, I'm a-ok not getting sasquatch. On a BL, from best I can tell, all 'squatch gets you is bigger tires and different wheels. All the mechanicals are included already.
3. Modular Hard Top - Add'l $1200 (delta of MIC and Modular on 4-door). Aesthetically, I think the black looks better, but I'm willing trade some aesthetics for practicality. I don't have to worry about scratches so much with MIC nor fading and oxidizing from the AZ sun.

This sounds a lot like rationalizing, but I'm ok with that. I couldn't be happier with my build, and I want to thank Ford for keeping ~$4500 in my pocket!
Totally agree, their pricing model makes it easy to rationalize spending less money. I would likely shell out $45k if I could get the options I want less the ones I dont. As it stands? I'll be spending right around $40 or less.

I'm not going to push into the high 40s for an amalgam of things I kinda want and other extraneous costs.

Sponsored

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Debating on:
2 door MT Base sasquatch with aux switches. That stock bumper had to go ASAP.
2 door MT Black Diamond and aftermarket suspension and tires at a later date.

Thoughts anyone? Plz.

I have two ways to look at this. I have a 2020 FX4 (rear locker) Ranger with 33s, high clearance bumper, and so many other suspension mods that make it super capable. The black diamond will be equally capable but I could do similar mods with 33s later making things like spare tires interchangeable if i tow the Bronco on some trips. Or the Base sasquatch will be "more" capable; but, am I really in need of something marginally better?? Probably not.

I like both interiors but the cloth, again, will be similar to the Ranger. But the BD will be different--- which is why I'm leaning towards BD.

I don't really care about the Sasquatch. Just want bigger front axle and front+rear locker. Really wish i could just add that to a Base or BD. I do like that we get to order to custom just slightly unfortunate (but expected) that we can't pick and choose options like that out of packages... Just like i just want the rear camera but not the mid package. ?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Debating on:
2 door MT Base sasquatch with aux switches. That stock bumper had to go ASAP.
2 door MT Black Diamond and aftermarket suspension and tires at a later date.

Thoughts anyone? Plz.

I have two ways to look at this. I have a 2020 FX4 (rear locker) Ranger with 33s, high clearance bumper, and so many other suspension mods that make it super capable. The black diamond will be equally capable but I could do similar mods with 33s later making things like spare tires interchangeable if i tow the Bronco on some trips. Or the Base sasquatch will be "more" capable; but, am I really in need of something marginally better?? Probably not.

I like both interiors but the cloth, again, will be similar to the Ranger. But the BD will be different--- which is why I'm leaning towards BD.

I don't really care about the Sasquatch. Just want bigger front axle and front+rear locker. Really wish i could just add that to a Base or BD. I do like that we get to order to custom just slightly unfortunate (but expected) that we can't pick and choose options like that out of packages... Just like i just want the rear camera but not the mid package. ?
Im in the same boat
Base mt sas aux switches.
Im thinking of a larger lift for 37s so im hoping those nice bilsteins are not going in a box in my garage for nothing.
Wait for aftermarket bumpers better,cheaper.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish there was something between BaseSquatch and BDSquatch which included no bumpers or skids and had MGV washdown.

Shame.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
(Assuming Base and Big Bend are corrected to a $7385 "all in" cost)....here's how the Squatch costs itemize across the various trim levels:

Trim LevelTotal cost to add Sasquatch10sp Automatic Transmissionwheels & tiresfront locker & upgraded suspensionAdvanced 4wdrear locker
Badlands
4090​
1595​
2495​
standard standardstandard
Outer Banks
5790​
standard
2495​
2000​
795​
500​
Black Diamond
6885​
1595​
2495​
2000​
795​
standard
Big Bend, Base
7385​
1595​
2495​
2000​
795​
500​

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep, thanks Ford! I realized I don’t need anything more than more than Base. When my BD build got to 48k....I said oh wait, it still won’t do what my truck can for me.

OBX and topless is where I am...roaring down RT 12 with that 4 banger and 30” steelies.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My build is finally settled upon, and it took a lot of B&P work to get there. I see Ford wants to push us into higher models. But for me, Ford's pricing model made going cheaper an easy choice. I decided upon the look I like best:

I've been all Badlands, but now thinking Base is all I want/need.

4Dr Base $44,865
- 2.7L auto ($3490)
- Sasquatch ($4995)
- hardtop ($695)
- Aux switches ($195)

This build is $6-7K less than my Badlands/Wildtrak builds. Saving the extra cash will make me feel good and I'll care a little less about scratching it, etc. In July, I naively thought I'd get a 4Dr Bronco in the 30s. At reveal time, I realized I'd spend $40-42k. Since then my build price kept creeping up to just over 50 for a Badlands. The last $1595 price increase got me thinking. I now realize this 2.7L Squatch w/no extra options will give my 99% of the marginal satisfaction units the more expensive builds would give me.
It's got A/C, removable top, nice stereo, push button start, 8" screen. Needs satisfied!
Ford Bronco Thank you Ford, for helping me spend less money vehicle
Sponsored