Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's easy to get swept up in negativity these days. They say it's contagious. But who knows, maybe positivity is as well. So, I'll share that I am still 100% thrilled by this launch. Like many of you, I've been waiting for a very long time. I've been shopping for a used Bronco for 20 years, but I never found the right combo of a rebuild that I could afford, had somewhat modern tech, or that didn't scare me from a mechanical perspective. Had Ford's servers been able to handle the traffic, I would have had my reservation placed within 2 minutes (took me a few hours and probably 50 attempts lol) because I had the date circled on my calendar for as long as it was known. Those server issues were the last time I was frustrated by this whole process because I can't help but remember how I always coveted broncos as a kid- what's another X months? And I feel particularly fortunate to be able to afford the one I want here in 2021- which was never a given for me- even a year ago when I reserved it. It's been a tough year for many. So, thank you, Ford. Thank you for bringing the Bronco back to life and for making it such a cool damn rig and not another "crossover" Blazer turd. I cannot wait to drive it until the wheels fall all the way off.

And before you say, "well yeah, that's easy for you to say- you have a VIN and July build date, you a-hole," I got deployed overseas and won't even be home until damn near 2022. Particularly on a day like Memorial Day... I'm feeling a painful amount of perspective.

If anybody has any Bronco stories they can share about why this relaunch is special to them, I'd love to hear it. Cheers to all you Bronco fans!
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st of all thank you for your service. I agree the bronco has been a lifelong dream ever since I was that 6 year old running around with my dad in his ‘73 on the gravel roads of my Grandma’s farm, I didn’t have a great relationship growing up with my ole man but this new bronco is a way to tie the bond to me and Pops..
Whenever I see an old Bronco or now a new one and hear Bob Seger I can’t help but smile and think of Dad...

OP
OP
Nobs

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st of all thank you for your service. I agree the bronco has been a lifelong dream ever since I was that 6 year old running around with my dad in his ‘73 on the gravel roads of my Grandma’s farm, I didn’t have a great relationship growing up with my ole man but this new bronco is a way to tie the bond to me and Pops..
Whenever I see an old Bronco or now a new one and hear Bob Seger I can’t help but smile and think of Dad...
love that, thanks for sharing

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for your service!! I know it is going to absolutely drive you insane to have your Bronco here and you will not be able to have it or drive it. And worse, you will probably be making payments on it! Do you have access to a garage that it can be kept in? If not, I have friends in San Antonio that would probably be happy to keep the seat warm on your Bronco until you get home. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seriously, PM me if you do not have means to store it properly. I can help. The dealership is the last place you want it to be unless they keep it somewhere safe. The showroom is a bad place except that it is temp controlled. Maybe you can make a deal with the owner. They will be able to sell more just because yours is there... inside... roped off and locked. I trust my dealer because he is a friend, but I don't know where you stand with yours.

I totally agree with you on the new Bronco and all the complaining from lots of folks. I have wanted a new Wrangler (Willys) until this Bronco. I had been shopping for the right one until the Bronco launch. I did a ground up Restomod on my Jeep I had. '78 CJ5 with a built 302. See my profile pic. I wish I had never sold it. Last year I watched the launch of the Bronco and I completely fell in love. I have several friends that have had Broncos(every generation). I have always liked them... alot! I did not put in my reservation until the end of July. It took me a couple weeks to fall head over heels. I did not find this site until a few days before launch so I did not have time to do much research before. Once I reserved mine and the estimations came out for allocations, I had no expectations of getting mine until this time next year. I was fourth in line at my dealer. Initially they had 3 allocations. Not sure how many they will end up with for MY21 now...
I got my email last week and I was completely caught off guard. My build week is July 26th. I am very lucky that I have a little extra money to put towards it that I did not have in my hands last year. Thanks mom!! I miss you more than anyone could imagine!! I was hoping to invest and to have made some money by the time it got here, but that ain't happening now. LOL!!
Good luck overseas and be careful!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nobs

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your service!! I know it is going to absolutely drive you insane to have your Bronco here and you will not be able to have it or drive it. And worse, you will probably be making payments on it! Do you have access to a garage that it can be kept in? If not, I have friends in San Antonio that would probably be happy to keep the seat warm on your Bronco until you get home. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Seriously, PM me if you do not have means to store it properly. I can help. The dealership is the last place you want it to be unless they keep it somewhere safe. The showroom is a bad place except that it is temp controlled. Maybe you can make a deal with the owner. They will be able to sell more just because yours is there... inside... roped off and locked. I trust my dealer because he is a friend, but I don't know where you stand with yours.

I totally agree with you on the new Bronco and all the complaining from lots of folks. I have wanted a new Wrangler (Willys) until this Bronco. I had been shopping for the right one until the Bronco launch. I did a ground up Restomod on my Jeep I had. '78 CJ5 with a built 302. See my profile pic. I wish I had never sold it. Last year I watched the launch of the Bronco and I completely fell in love. I have several friends that have had Broncos(every generation). I have always liked them... alot! I did not put in my reservation until the end of July. It took me a couple weeks to fall head over heels. I did not find this site until a few days before launch so I did not have time to do much research before. Once I reserved mine and the estimations came out for allocations, I had no expectations of getting mine until this time next year. I was fourth in line at my dealer. Initially they had 3 allocations. Not sure how many they will end up with for MY21 now...
I got my email last week and I was completely caught off guard. My build week is July 26th. I am very lucky that I have a little extra money to put towards it that I did not have in my hands last year. Thanks mom!! I miss you more than anyone could imagine!! I was hoping to invest and to have made some money by the time it got here, but that ain't happening now. LOL!!
Good luck overseas and be careful!!
Thanks, John, I appreciate the offer! Very kind. Luckily, I've got an open garage spot. My biggest concern will be that my kids fingerprints will probably be EVERYWHERE by the time I get home. My instructions are clear- hide the keys and hide them well! And I may or may not require daily facetiming with the bronco before I get home lol

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for your service and thank you for spreading some positivity and perspective. I know everyone wants their Bronco, like yesterday!, myself included. But, what a privilege to even be in the position to get one. Excited for you to be able to enjoy yours when you get home!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Nobs I guess although you're sort of new, you are a real person and not part of Ford's crack marketing team ;) and a service member at that.

Unfortunate that you've just gotten deployed, but I'm glad that you and the thousands of others are making these sacrifices so we civilians can whine over the internets about not getting our new toy for summer. True American freedom, yeah? Guess we must be thankful for the freedom to complain that was won off of the backs of men and women like you; God help us.

The Bronco, boy what a vehicle. I've coveted, not lusted, but coveted two vehicles in my lifetime. The LR Defender is #1, and then there's the early years Bronco. Both such handsome and boxy vehicles that represented to me the ability to "Do whatever you want with it".

These trucks meant freedom more than any other non-military vehicles. With new versions of each, the Defender disappointed me, but this new Bronco has truly become a love affair that will last for some time to come.

This new Bronco with her lovely, yet ugly Area 51 paint, the top from hell that isn't white, that boss HOSS suspension from the factory, and that wonderful Sasquatch Badlands combo that makes me think naughty thoughts all hours of the day. My wife refers to Bronco as the other woman now. 😊

Yes, I can thank Ford and have a reflective, but fun Memorial Day.

OP
OP
Nobs

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Nobs I guess although you're sort of new, you are a real person and not part of Ford's crack marketing team ;) and a service member at that.

Unfortunate that you've just gotten deployed, but I'm glad that you and the thousands of others are making these sacrifices so we civilians can whine over the internets about not getting our new toy for summer. True American freedom, yeah? Guess we must be thankful for the freedom to complain that was won off of the backs of men and women like you; God help us.

The Bronco, boy what a vehicle. I've coveted, not lusted, but coveted two vehicles in my lifetime. The LR Defender is #1, and then there's the early years Bronco. Both such handsome and boxy vehicles that represented to me the ability to "Do whatever you want with it".

These trucks meant freedom more than any other non-military vehicles. With new versions of each, the Defender disappointed me, but this new Bronco has truly become a love affair that will last for some time to come.

This new Bronco with her lovely, yet ugly Area 51 paint, the top from hell that isn't white, that boss HOSS suspension from the factory, and that wonderful Sasquatch Badlands combo that makes me think naughty thoughts all hours of the day. My wife refers to Bronco as the other woman now. 😊

Yes, I can thank Ford and have a reflective, but fun Memorial Day.
It is a love affair, aint it. I promise I don't work for Ford. But isn't that exactly what a Ford spy would say? :unsure: I definitely support freedom of speech so complain away! It's not that I don't understand the frustrations because I do. Just tried to balance it out a bit.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've owned a few Broncos (EB and II's) and my family has a long Bronco history. My last one was a 1990 Bronco II Eddie Bauer with a five speed. It was absolutely the perfect vehicle. It was over 20 years old when I sold it. I tow behind a motorhome now and was worried about a failure of some rolling component while towing, so I bought a 2005 Wrangler which has sufficed. Ironically, I sold the Bronco to my brother in law and a wheel bearing failed him on his drive home. It was repaired and is still in the family. I simply have to have a new Bronco, nothing else will do.

Thank you for your service.

Sponsored

DCDcollects

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for your service.

Thank you also for the positivity. I'm an upbeat person. I have a "why waste time watering weeds. I'd rather spend time watering the flowers," type of mindset.

I'm so excited for the Bronco. Always wanted one. Always looked for I could buy (restored, as I don't have any skill in that area), but the right one never came up. Wife was on the lookout, too.

I was expecting to be part of the 2022 group, and while I was a bit bummed, I was ultimately ok. My current daily driver is a 2019 Expedition (with heavy tow package), and an F250. Living on a ranch, we're always moving something around. They're big, and hard to park sometimes when in the city. So, when the Bronco came out, it solved a few problems. Filled a longstanding desire and would be a great daily driver.

So, order is in. 4 door 2.7 Outer Banks - Area 51. Lux package, MIC top, and a bunch of other items. Got my build date of July 26th, so I figure a month or two after that I'll have it. Pretty pumped!

My biggest problem will be keeping it clean. We have dust EVERYWHERE!

Thank you again for your positivity, and your service!

Cheers,

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for writing that. I really appreciate it. I think when people get angry or malcontent about the Bronco deliveries, it's just first world problems. Having been deployed before in my past life, I know how frustrating it can be, but definitely keeping positive makes the deployment go that much faster!

Thanks for all you're doing. I can only expect when you rotate back, you can see your Bronco and then see your family, hahaha! :)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for serving.
I just want to add that my Broncoholism started while I was in the military.

My buddy Mac restored a 73 (?) and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! ..... and just as plain as all hell. No top, no floor liner, just seats and a simple roll bar.
There wasn't a Dune in So.Cal/Arizona that it couldn't conquer.
I remember the alternator took crapped out, one of many because they self destruct above 6000 RPM LOL, and Mac decided to go ahead and drop a new cam in, "while we're in there".
Ahhh, the good Ol' days!!

I've had my moments since I joined in 2016, but I've been mostly happy with how things have panned out. Unlike many others though, I work in/for the mass producers and understand the complexities of how all of this has panned out, so I seem to be more accepting.
But man was the frustration mounting, until I got that rather unexpected email on the 27th.
So i understand all the venting and frustration.
In 3, 4 ,....6 months, this will be a much happier forum again. Hopefully.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, John, I appreciate the offer! Very kind. Luckily, I've got an open garage spot. My biggest concern will be that my kids fingerprints will probably be EVERYWHERE by the time I get home. My instructions are clear- hide the keys and hide them well! And I may or may not require daily facetiming with the bronco before I get home lol
That is awesome! Daily Facetime sounds like a great idea.