2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone, meet sea biscuit.

J/k, I'm not naming my Bronco.

But if I did I would call her Agatha.

EDIT:

Reserved 7/13/20 @ 820PM PST.

Confirmed as a MT SAS Badlands 3/1/20, then told my22 (no), converted to base MT, mod bumper, switches, and floor liners (sort of flimsy/notweathertechs/~$150 is just fair) on 3/18/20. Production initially week of 6/28 then late bump to 7/19. Found window sticker 2 weeks early 7/5 or so. In Production email 7/19, built email 7/20, shipped email 7/21, estimated delivery via rail 8/7-8/13.

The bronze wheels look a bit much in full sun but I'm pretty happy with the combo from most angles. Also forgot to tell dealer to hold the tire dressing 🤦

Also feel like I nailed the poke I was looking for with +35 offset Method wheels on 285/70r17 - tread all but contained with just the sidewall swells pushing out.

More pics suitable pics and plenty of tinkering ahead. Looking like ARB twin compressor will be first big spend, followed by rear locker sometime after.

For now all I can say is the fixed forward tilt headrests are a grand failure (?!?!?!) May soon be trying to keep the chrome on the pins intact while cranking on them in the vise!

I truly feel for y'all in purgatory or plain in the dark! But we're one more closer to your deliveries now!

2021 Bronco Carbonized Gray Bronze Wheels Method.jpg

20210810_194957.jpg

20210810_180259.jpg

20210810_154041.jpg
Can you tell me how the manual does with te 285 tires. I drove a 4 door big bend manual with 35" tires and 2" lift at Granger and personally felt the engine and transmission struggled with the weight of the vehicle and tire size, especially at high way speeds. I drove a 2 door outer bank with the 2.3 auto and thought it handled the weight and 255 tires adequately, not fast but plenty capable of daily driving and off road with non 35" tires. I changed my order to a 2.7 auto from a manual 2 door after test driving the Granger Bronco build. Would like some feedback if I made a mistake judging the heavier 4 door with big tires. Have not been able to find a 2 door manual to drive on 32"or 33" tires.

Thanks
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronze wheels look a bit much in full sun but I'm pretty happy with the combo from most angles. Also forgot to tell dealer to hold the tire dressing 🤦

Agatha looks great! Not sure I'd date a woman with bronze hair so yeah those rims don't really do anything for the CG body color 🤮. If you went with race red then that would nail it IMO. Any chance you can trade them in for a small charge, or sell them and get black 🤔. or some kine silver, gray or white? Depending on what other plans you have for mods (adding color) then you could try wheels that would match those mods. Like red wheels to go with 4WP mods or warn winch ... anyway, not bad, but not quite nailed! Either way, I'd take it 😂

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronze/gold rims seems to be all the rage these days. I might do it too. LOL we'll see. I have a good feel thanks to this post how that might look on mine. Although I do like the stealth look. Maybe I just keep everything black or grey on the rims.
I'm just happy that we're moving past black wheels.

For years, people would post "look at my awesome new wheels" but they the photo would be backlit (sun behind vehicle) and you litterally could not make out any of the details of the wheel.

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EDIT:

Confirmed as a MT SAS Badlands 3/1/20, then told my22 (no), converted to base MT, mod bumper, switches, and floor liners (sort of flimsy/notweathertechs/~$150 is just fair) on 3/18/20. Production initially week of 6/28 then late bump to 7/19. Found window sticker 2 weeks early 7/5 or so. In Production email 7/19, built email 7/20, shipped email 7/21, estimated delivery via rail 8/7-8/13.

Also feel like I nailed the poke I was looking for with +35 offset Method wheels on 285/70r17 - tread all but contained with just the sidewall swells pushing out.

More pics suitable pics and plenty of tinkering ahead. Looking like ARB twin compressor will be first big spend, followed by rear locker sometime after.

For now all I can say is the fixed forward tilt headrests are a grand failure (?!?!?!) May soon be trying to keep the chrome on the pins intact while cranking on them in the vise!

I truly feel for y'all in purgatory or plain in the dark! But we're one more closer to your deliveries now!

20210810_194957.jpg

20210810_180259.jpg

20210810_154041.jpg
How do you like the stick? Any lift for those tires?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EDIT:

20210810_194957.jpg

20210810_180259.jpg

20210810_154041.jpg
love the look ..... great color combo
when did you get those wheels? I've scoured the web and those things are on back order 8 to 12 weeks !! and where did you get them?

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally looking at the same rims when the notification popped up on my web browser about this post.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great. That’s my build. Going with the same size KO2 but no bronze for me. Mono-chromatic or possibly a deep red.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you tell me how the manual does with te 285 tires. I drove a 4 door big bend manual with 35" tires and 2" lift at Granger and personally felt the engine and transmission struggled with the weight of the vehicle and tire size, especially at high way speeds. I drove a 2 door outer bank with the 2.3 auto and thought it handled the weight and 255 tires adequately, not fast but plenty capable of daily driving and off road with non 35" tires. I changed my order to a 2.7 auto from a manual 2 door after test driving the Granger Bronco build. Would like some feedback if I made a mistake judging the heavier 4 door with big tires. Have not been able to find a 2 door manual to drive on 32"or 33" tires.

Thanks
I drove a 4 door stock BB manual and the power was great. Never felt any lag, more than sufficient pickup merging onto the freeway as well. Started wishing I’d ordered the MT until I hit some traffic on my way back across the GG Bridge. Mine was built last Friday, but so far no email from Ford. Guessing they’re too busy with damage control!

Last edited:

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is at least the third person that talked about a fixed, tilted far-forward headrest position. I saw someone else post a pic in another thread. If indeed they are truly fixed in place, it's crazy how far forward the tilt is.

Sponsored

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! I have the same exact wheels on my Raptor, color and all. Good choice!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm just happy that we're moving past black wheels.

For years, people would post "look at my awesome new wheels" but they the photo would be backlit (sun behind vehicle) and you litterally could not make out any of the details of the wheel.
I love my black wheels on my 240i, look great with the Alpine White paint. But horses for courses. No bronze for me, remind me too much of the “gold package” Lexus in the 90’s.

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome. You gotta tell us about your opinion on driving and choosing the manual transmission. Does it drive well? Are you glad that you chose MT or do you wish you went with AT now that you have it?

BigBen(d)58

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

EDIT:

20210810_194957.jpg

20210810_180259.jpg

20210810_154041.jpg
SO SICK!!!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great!

Thanks
I thought all 7mt were 4.7 gearing. That’s plenty of gear for these vehicles with the 2.3 power generated. Of course on the freeway one would need to drop a gear or 2 on the freeway to get going.
Sponsored