Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay just for clarification, I am a huge Bronco fan boy. My blood runs Ford blue and I’m still excited about the new Bronco...

However, I’ve come to the point that I need to rant and let off steam for my own mental health.

***warning*** lots of complaining

I can’t believe I’m 40 years old and the last time Ford made a Bronco was when I got my license all the way back in 96. Ford teased us with the Bronco concept allll the way back in 04. That was the time to start moving forward with building a Bronco. This Bronco should have been out no later then 07. Toyota rolled out an FJ concept in O3 and came out in 05 with the new FJ. It is now half way through 2021 wtf 🤬. Its infuriating how long it’s taken Ford to bring back the Bronco and it’s been delayed so long and yet feels rushed. I finally had to decide to wait for the 22MY.
The off-road/overlanding trend has been peaking for over a decade now. Ford is so late to the party that Jeep kinda stole our look with making the back window a rectangle (07).

That leads me to my next gripe. It looks so much like a Jeep from the A pillar back it’s comical. I don’t hate it but like can we not look like complete Jeep posers... The goal was to beat Jeep, not become them. I don’t understand why they made the two door so stubby. If they weren’t going to beat Jeep at rock crawling (SFA) then why go out of your way to beat Jeep in departure angles. I’d rather some extra space in the back then trying to beat Jeep on angles it doesn’t even need to be better then it at. Overlanding/camping is a big draw to 4x4’s. Having more space then a Jeep would be an easy win. It’s what the Bronco should have been much better then Jeep at. Ford did not capitalize on that enough if you ask me. They designed it right after the Jeep but knowing they weren’t going to beat it at rock crawling. Why make a competing rock crawling body. The rear should have more cargo room. Some extra inches rear overhang wouldn’t kill ya. We could have stored the doors in the back like the four door. Even the original had some rear overhang. The two door just looks stumpy and it didn’t need to and both Broncos look like they are trying to be Jeep. Now this isn’t a huge gripe but it’s something that is going to continue to piss me off in small ways.

Next, the engines. They look like a mess under the hood. I think I counted over 25 hoses in there and I don’t even think I can see the actual engine. Ford engines have always been notoriously harder to work on then most and they obviously haven’t changed or helped us in this way at all. In fact they got worse. And for what? Seeing the MPG specs now it’s not any better then a new V8. Now we got hoses everywhere and two turbos that need to stay cool. All for less fuel economy than a Coyote:rolleyes:. Keep it simple stupids!

Now I see we are getting the 10R60 transmission and not the 80?! We are basically tapping out the 60. When it comes to Off-roaders and performance vehicles you over build not max it out. What the fuck is this. Combine this with the cluster fuck of the engine bay and IFS and I have no confidence in the reliability of this thing.
Plus it’s heavy. The power to weight ratio in a Badlands is less then a base with a four banger and pretty much the same as Jeep. Great :rolleyes:.

Combine these issues with these smaller ones: expensive, hood antenna, body mounted rock rails, front cam mounting issues. manual Sasquatch issues, front control arm shock mount bolts (upside down, exposed), online build issues, it’s all pushed me over the edge today.

Also, I hate that the Bronco Sport came out before it. Your average customer thinks that’s the Bronco. So many people I’ve talked to don’t realize that the real Bronco is still on its way. It’s so annoying. The Bronco Sport is suppose to be the regular consumers choice after seeing how cool the actual Bronco is but want something more practical. Now half the consumers have moved on thinking that’s it. That’s the new Bronco. Pretty underwhelming after all the hype. And speaking of the hype. I think it’s officially gone. The Hummer is now taking it. I know that’s part of covids fault but damn. Ford is really stumbling out of the gate and it’s really starting to piss me off.:mad: I’m holding off trips another year becuase they couldn’t get their shit together.

Again, I still think it’s an amazing product and looks great don’t get me wrong but I just had to vent for my own personal mental health. Thanks for coming to my vent talk. Feel free to blast me or leave your own vents here. This is a safe venting space 😂. I think we need it.

Ford Bronco That’s it I need to rant tenor
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, mildly, with most of your points.

An extra 3" to 4" of rear overhang wouldn't have hurt anything but published numbers and would have improved cargo capacity a lot.

I've always wondered why Ford bet there whole future on Ecoboost. Originally I figured they would kick ass in the MPG department, but in fact does not do much better than the NA competition in F150, Ranger or Bronco.

I'll withhold judgement on the 10R60, but it does seem odd given the Ranger gets the 80.

And stealing thunder with the Bronco Sport, name and earlier release, was just stupid. But doesn't affect the Bronco itself as a vehicle, just stupid branding/marketing.

All that said, I bleed blue and am all in on my Bronco. I love that Ford honor the original Bronco the way they did.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, mildly, with most of your points.

An extra 3" to 4" of rear overhang wouldn't have hurt anything but published numbers and would have improved cargo capacity a lot.

I've always wondered why Ford bet there whole future on Ecoboost. Originally I figured they would kick ass in the MPG department, but in fact does not do much better than the NA competition in F150, Ranger or Bronco.

I'll withhold judgement on the 10R60, but it does seem odd given the Ranger gets the 80.

And stealing thunder with the Bronco Sport, name and earlier release, was just stupid. But doesn't affect the Bronco itself as a vehicle, just stupid branding/marketing.

All that said, I bleed blue and am all in on my Bronco. I love that Ford honor the original Bronco the way they did.
I agree with all of that. Just had to throw all my complaints together.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay just for clarification, I am a huge Bronco fan boy. My blood runs Ford blue and I’m still excited about the new Bronco...

However, I’ve come to the point that I need to rant and let off steam for my own mental health.

I can’t believe I’m 40 years old and the last time Ford made a Bronco was when I got my license all the way back in 96. Ford teased us with the Bronco concept allll the way back in 04. That was the time to start moving forward with building a Bronco. This Bronco should have been out no later then 07. Toyota rolled out an FJ concept in O3 and came out in 05 with the new FJ. It is now half way through 2021 wtf 🤬. Its infuriating how long it’s taken Ford to bring back the Bronco and it’s been delayed so long and yet feels rushed. I finally had to decide to wait for the 22MY.
The off-road/overlanding trend has been peaking for over a decade now. Ford is so late to the party that Jeep kinda stole our look with making the back window a rectangle (07).

That leads me to my next gripe. It looks so much like a Jeep from the A pillar back it’s comical. I don’t hate it but like can we not look like complete Jeep posers... The goal was to beat Jeep, not become them. I don’t understand why they made the two door so stubby. If they weren’t going to beat Jeep at rock crawling (SFA) then why go out of your way to beat Jeep in departure angles. I’d rather some extra space in the back then trying to beat Jeep on angles it doesn’t even need to be better then it at. Overlanding/camping is a big draw to 4x4’s. Having more space then a Jeep would be an easy win. It’s what the Bronco should have been much better then Jeep at. Ford did not capitalize on that enough if you ask me. They designed it right after the Jeep but knowing they weren’t going to beat it at rock crawling. Why make a competing rock crawling body. The rear should have more cargo room. Some extra inches rear overhang wouldn’t kill ya. We could have stored the doors in the back like the four door. Even the original had some rear overhang. The two door just looks stumpy and it didn’t need to and both Broncos look like they are trying to be Jeep. Now this isn’t a huge gripe but it’s something that is going to continue to piss me off in small ways.

Next, the engines. They look like a mess under the hood. I think I counted over 25 hoses in there and I don’t even think I can see the actual engine. Ford engines have always been notoriously harder to work on then most and they obviously haven’t changed or helped us in this way at all. In fact they got worse. And for what? Seeing the MPG specs now it’s not any better then a new V8. Now we got hoses everywhere and two turbos that need to stay cool. All for less fuel economy than a Coyote:rolleyes:. Keep it simple stupids!

Now I see we are getting the 10R60 transmission and not the 80?! We are basically tapping out the 60. When it comes to Off-roaders and performance vehicles you over build not max it out. What the fuck is this. Combine this with the cluster fuck of the engine bay and IFS and I have no confidence in the reliability of this thing.
Plus it’s heavy. The power to weight ratio in a Badlands is less then a base with a four banger and pretty much the same as Jeep. Great :rolleyes:.

Combine these issues with these smaller ones: expensive, hood antenna, body mounted rock rails, front cam mounting issues. manual Sasquatch issues, front control arm shock mount bolts (upside down, exposed), online build issues, it’s all pushed me over the edge today.

Also, I hate that the Bronco Sport came out before it. Your average customer thinks that’s the Bronco. So many people I’ve talked to don’t realize that the real Bronco is still on its way. It’s so annoying. The Bronco Sport is suppose to be the regular consumers choice after seeing how cool the actual Bronco is but want something more practical. Now half the consumers have moved on thinking that’s it. That’s the new Bronco. Pretty underwhelming after all the hype. And speaking of the hype. I think it’s officially gone. The Hummer is now taking it. I know that’s part of covids fault but damn. Ford is really stumbling out of the gate and it’s really starting to piss me off.:mad: I’m holding off trips another year becuase they couldn’t get their shit together.

Again, I still think it’s an amazing product and looks great don’t get me wrong but I just had to vent for my own personal mental health. Thanks for coming to my vent talk. Feel free to blast me or leave your own vents here. This is a safe venting space 😂. I think we need it.

tenor.gif
I really liked this post. A well written, well thought out rant that makes many valid points.

The only thing I didn't like is that it makes so much sense, you are almost talking me out of a Bronco!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the 08 crash is the real reason the early concept stalled. Ford had to trim things to stay afloat without bailout after that mess. It is a shame the sold Land Rover too as perhaps the Bronco may have had things like payload and space, in addition to the utterly American Squatch stuff.

As a 96 Bronco daily driver owner, I do wish there was a few extra inches in the rear. I also wish the body sides werent so thick. That way we could have had about 4 more inches of interior width in the same shell. But all modern cars are thick in the sides for safety stuff. But they could have just made the cage beefier instead. If the interior was wider and the the 2 and 4 door 6 inches longer with a beefy ass tow hitch to drag ass on. It wouldnt have hurt anything in real world offroading. Especially when you are offering 35s.

As for the V8 point I truly believe we get an electric Bronco we will also get a godzilla based V8 as a last gasp of IC glory.

But yeah for overlanding the payload and space is not impressive. Only the small can sleep in it. Hopefully a refresh will change this stuff.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the 08 crash is the real reason the early concept stalled. Ford had to trim things to stay afloat without bailout after that mess. It is a shame the sold Land Rover too as perhaps the Bronco may have had things like payload and space, in addition to the utterly American Squatch stuff.

As a 96 Bronco daily driver owner, I do wish there was a few extra inches in the rear. I also wish the body sides werent so thick. That way we could have had about 4 more inches of interior width in the same shell. But all modern cars are thick in the sides for safety stuff. But they could have just made the cage beefier instead. If the interior was wider and the the 2 and 4 door 6 inches longer with a beefy ass tow hitch to drag ass on. It wouldnt have hurt anything in real world offroading. Especially when you are offering 35s.

As for the V8 point I truly believe we get an electric Bronco we will also get a godzilla based V8 as a last gasp of IC glory.

But yeah for overlanding the payload and space is not impressive. Only the small can sleep in it. Hopefully a refresh will change this stuff.
The thick body sides are my biggest complaint on my Explorer, it's probably a foot from the outside of the door to the outside edge of the seat. I've sat in the new Bronco and I don't think it will be bad at all.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very good Zak, very good. I was doing really well with all of the BS, and then came the low mpg stats on the non-squatched OBX. I mean, the damn engine has the contraction "Eco" in it, and it doesn't mean a thing. My wife's 5.0L Mustang GT gets a lot better than that. I know they are 2 different animals, so no one needs to tell me that. I didn't expect anything amazing, but damn. Maybe just a couple more per gallon, and I would have been fine. I'm getting closer to my plan "B", but I'm going to wait a while longer. Hopefully the real world mpgs will come in a couple better. If they come in worse I'm moving to plan "B", and not looking back.

FYI, we will use our Bronco like we use our Jeep (that averages 24-25 on the highway). As a road trip (5K+ miles) vehicle, and exploring the back roads along the way. A couple extra mpgs means a lot on that kind of trip.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand your frustration, for a supposedly world class company, and being a first time Ford (maybe) buyer, I am not impressed with their performance so far. I also have a plan 'B' which is looking better and better, getting my approximate build date will tell, I have the cash so just going in to buy is not a problem. I do want the Bronco, but I have wanted a lot of things in life that I passed up for one reason or another. Life is to damn short to waste 2 years of it waiting for Ford to get their collective shit together.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco That’s it I need to rant 1
Agree with most of your "vent". This has been frustrating to say the least. I had to set aside an investment not knowing when I needed the $ for my Bronco purchase....so it sits there collecting almost no interest. I was super excited and purchased swag and a few accessories....had to box it up and put it away. I won't even wear my Bronco shirt. The expectations were raised and then went limp...really limp. FORD needs to learn something from this so this never happens again. I know one thing; if my Cyber Orange gets pushed to 2022 and they do away with that color (no fault of mine)....I will be pissed off. In the meantime.....we hang in there. This is worse than an argument with a crappy Ex-wife. My garage space remains.....empty:

BroncoXMAS2.jpg
Sponsored