Sponsored

That’s it I need to rant

Deleted member 13702

All I can say is amen. I agree with everything you wrote, and double down with being highly annoyed by Fords priority builds which make reserving a Bronco on the first day pointless.

It’s pathetic that this highly customizable vehicle can now only be ordered in a very specific way in order to potentially get it to you by the end of the summer, or more likely in the fall. Maybe I want what I want Ford. Maybe you should have planned better before you released it to the general public.

While I wasn’t expecting awesome fuel numbers, I at least thought it would be close to Jeep’s numbers. I thought I would be happy with anything better than my my old truck, but seeing as it gets the same highway mileage as a 2007 Tundra crew-max, all I can say is WTF.

I have no back up plan. I sold my truck 2 weeks ago. Currently driving a focus while I wait out this debacle. Honestly I’ve been waiting to get a Bronco ever since I sold my 94. But holy crap this is painful.

I appreciate the fact that I’m not alone in my frustration. I’m not in dire straights for transportation like others, but I do feel like Ford should be more forth coming and honestly shit or get if the pot.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with most of your "vent". This has been frustrating to say the least. I had to set aside an investment not knowing when I needed the $ for my Bronco purchase....so it sits there collecting almost no interest. I was super excited and purchased swag and a few accessories....had to box it up and put it away. I won't even wear my Bronco shirt. The expectations were raised and then went limp...really limp. FORD needs to learn something from this so this never happens again. I know one thing; if my Cyber Orange gets pushed to 2022 and they do away with that color (no fault of mine)....I will be pissed off. In the meantime.....we hang in there. This is worse than an argument with a crappy Ex-wife. My garage space remains.....empty:

BroncoXMAS2.jpg
Nice air conditioning vent. Very nice.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree with all of it.
my biggest issue is trying to find a different vehicle to buy - the current market is ass for used vehicles (too expensive) and I don’t want a jeep...

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wrote a long frustrated post, deleted it. I’m just done getting worked up over this BS. I am not a fan of its looks but saw a new Gladiator overland with a diesel for like 45k and it’s very practical for me. If Ford does not get their shit together not only are people going to go with Plan B they may never buy Ford again. A wise man always told me under commit over deliver. Ford should heed that wisdom.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 08 crash is the real reason the early concept stalled. Ford had to trim things to stay afloat without bailout after that mess. It is a shame the sold Land Rover too as perhaps the Bronco may have had things like payload and space, in addition to the utterly American Squatch stuff.
Solid point here. I knew someone would hit me with some logic. It still doesn’t make it any less frustrating but yeah this could definitely have been the reason. Quite unfortunate.

At the same time though Toyota came through with the FJ before the crash but alas I guess we just didn’t anticipate that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well....I was actually surprised at the amount of space behind the 2nd row. And as far as mileage: please look at the tires. I went from 18-19 mpg to 11 mpg when I added 35" tires.
YMMV.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well shit!! Went to the Local Ford Dealer to 'browse' and ended up bringing this home (well, on Monday as I need to get my pin #) to hold me over until my 2023 Bronco gets here :). Giving my CR-V to a grand son so needed another vehicle I can tow. Got a screaming deal with D-plan and incentives (-2K for cash, -$500 for Military, -5K ADM) MSRP was $44,600, I got it for $34250 OTD! with a leveling kit.
Ford Bronco That’s it I need to rant IMG_3959.JPG

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well shit!! Went to the Local Ford Dealer to 'browse' and ended up bringing this home (well, on Monday as I need to get my pin #) to hold me over until my 2023 Bronco gets here :). Giving my CR-V to a grand son so needed another vehicle I can tow. Got a screaming deal with D-plan and incentives (-2K for cash, -$500 for Military, -5K ADM) MSRP was $44,600, I got it for $34250 OTD! with a leveling kit.
Ford Bronco That’s it I need to rant IMG_3959.JPG
Daaaaammn! Got some discounts!

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was doing really well with all of the BS, and then came the low mpg stats on the non-squatched OBX. I mean, the damn engine has the contraction "Eco" in it, and it doesn't mean a thing.
Same here. I was biting my tongue and being Mr Brightside but when those fuel mileages came in and now the questionable nonsensical transmission choice I’m wondering just what the hell Ford is doing. Are they under building it to make us go for the Warthog? Not a good idea. This compromise on the engines now makes no sense. I understand they are impressive power wise but I’m worried about reliability and being able to work on it. Simple and reliable is key when out in the middle of nowhere off-roading. I was totally cool with not having a V8 until now. There is now no point to all this over complicated mess we have in the engine bay. Like the old V8 drink commercials “we could have had a V8. *slaps forehead*!
I get the frame doesn’t allow for it but you just re designed the frame! Ya could have made it accommodate it.
Ugh 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thick body sides are my biggest complaint on my Explorer, it's probably a foot from the outside of the door to the outside edge of the seat. I've sat in the new Bronco and I don't think it will be bad at all.
Compared to the stuff I drive its gonna be thick. My eagle is maybe 4.5, comanche not much different, the FSB is probably 6 and thats about my preference.but yeah I have seen some thick doors on modern cars. Forget moonshine in the trunk we can put tanks in our doors for easy access these days. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well....I was actually surprised at the amount of space behind the 2nd row. And as far as mileage: please look at the tires. I went from 18-19 mpg to 11 mpg when I added 35" tires.
YMMV.
Yeah no doubt but even without Sasquatch it looks pretty mediocre MPG wise and to think we might of had better mpg with a V8 is kinda tough to take. As for the rear it’s okay on the 4d but I really think it would be nice to have more on the 2d. I’ll be taking out the back seats but still. Some extra inches back there would be much better then a few inches with departure angle if you ask me.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with all of it.
my biggest issue is trying to find a different vehicle to buy - the current market is ass for used vehicles (too expensive) and I don’t want a jeep...
Yeah it is. If the 4Runner still had a removable top I think I’d have get one. Ford has absolutely nothing midsize until just recently with the Ranger.
With how much this Bronco is going to cost part of me would just rather build up an old Cherokee. I hate to say but the reasonable logical choice is to build up a ten year old Jeep... 🤦‍♂️

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... to think we might of had better mpg with a V8 is kinda tough to take.
Do you honestly believe that? o_O

Keep in mind, the fuel economy numbers you’re seeing for the Coyote are in different vehicles not shaped like a brick aerodynamically.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you honestly believe that? o_O

Keep in mind, the fuel economy numbers you’re seeing for the Coyote are in different vehicles not shaped like a brick aerodynamically.
I mean I said MIGHT... But yeah it is possible. V8 technology has come a long way too. The Coyote in a F150 is combine 17mpg.

F150 - Bronco MPG

Not all that big a difference

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean I said MIGHT... But yeah it is possible. V8 technology has come a long way too. The Coyote in a F150 is combine 17mpg.

F150 - Bronco MPG

Not all that big a difference
The EPA rating for the F-150 with the 2.7L engine is 20 city / 26 highway / 22 combined.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=43458

Same power plant as the 2.7 Bronco Badlands, but much better fuel economy.

Do you know why? Aerodynamics. The fuel economy of the 2.7 in the F-150 drops 23% in the 2.7 Bronco BL because the Bronco BL is an aerodynamic brick (i.e., 17 combined for the Bronco BL / 22 combined for the F-150 = 77%).

Now stuff a 5.0L Coyote (rated on paper at 17 city / 24 highway / 20 combined, based on the article you linked) into the Bronco BL. The fuel economy of the 5.0 Coyote is going to take a similar hit because of the same aerodynamic shape of the 2.7 Bronco BL (i.e., 20 combined for the 5.0 Coyote F-150 X 77% = 15.4 combined for the 5.0 Coyote Bronco BL).

If you assume the 5.0 Coyote F-150 gets 17 combined as a baseline, that equates to 13.1 combined in the Bronco BL (17 x 77% = 13.1).

And those are EPA estimates (on paper). Real world figures will be at least 1-2 MPG lower.

For comparison, the EPA rates the 470-horsepower Rubicon 392 at 13 city / 17 highway / 14 combined.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=43682

TL;DR - There is no possible scenario where the Bronco with a V-8 engine gets better fuel economy than with an I-4 engine or a V-6 engine.
Sponsored

Last edited: